What's new

India Has No Money To Pay For C-130J Hercules Aircraft: Reports

The Mig 21`s are meant to be replaced by the Tejas. Both are very similar in class and role.

The Rafales are meant to replace the jaguars and Mig 27s.

ok but i dont think that the quantity of mig 21 can be match with tejas in near future ...
plus rafale cant fill the quantity gap created by retirement of mig27 and jags ?? right ?

ok but i dont think that the quantity of mig 21 can be match with tejas in near future ...
plus rafale cant fill the quantity gap created by retirement of mig27 and jags ?? right ?

There are currently around 250 Mig 21s in service... even if we dont match the numbers with the Teja`s it is not going to be a problem since the Tejas is much more advanced than the 3rd generation Mig 21.

And since the Rafale is among the very best 4.5 gen multi role fighters in the world, it can very well replace all the Mig 27s and the Jaguars in the ground attack role.

There are currently around 250 Mig 21s in service... even if we dont match the numbers with the Teja`s it is not going to be a problem since the Tejas is much more advanced than the 3rd generation Mig 21.

And since the Rafale is among the very best 4.5 gen multi role fighters in the world, it can very well replace all the Mig 27s and the Jaguars in the ground attack role.

so dude you are basically telling me that IAF will focus on quality not quantity after 2016

so dude you are basically telling me that IAF will focus on quality not quantity after 2016

Well as we get planes of current or newer generations, their quality does naturally increase, but numbers do play an important role for the IAF.
And apart from that the traditional distinction between fighter and ground attack aircraft is diminishing rapidly in many air forces around the world, modern multirole fighters like the Rafale for example can perform the job of a Mig 27 and a Mig 21 in one single mission.

Well as we get planes of current or newer generations, their quality does naturally increase, but numbers do play an important role for the IAF.
And apart from that the traditional distinction between fighter and ground attack aircraft is diminishing rapidly in many air forces around the world, modern multirole fighters like the Rafale for example can perform the job of a Mig 27 and a Mig 21 in one single mission.

but in past they do care for numbers ?
and what i believe IAF will make their strategies and policies by looking at PAF and PLAAF

and what i believe IAF will make their strategies and policies by looking at PAF and PLAAF

The IAF has been looking at two fronts for decades now, this is nothing new....

sounds reasonable and achievable too .. i also think Pakistan must have 100+ F-16s with blk 52, and 150 JFT along with some mirage and F-7p's , we wont need any new platform till 2018
IMHO, PAF has done its modernization pretty smartly.. Their acquisition may not sound in a big way, but the machines they have made available to themselves are enough to be a balanced force and going forward is a sign for them.. 13 f16 from Jordan was pretty smart move and sure they will look forward for few more as many airforces will be looking forward to replace their old f16s. Pakistan has good ground staff and they will make most of these machines... As having said this, JFT is progressing ahead slowly and steadily.. I must admit, for IAF 2004 to 2014 was a lost decade...

I don't think that Jaguars will be replaced by Rafale as priority for replacements are old migs while Jaguars are campartively in a better condition and there is an upgradation plan for them too. jaguars will most probably be replaced by FGFA from 2022 onwards.
And ~300 odd Mig-21/27s can easily be replaced by 70+120+126(mki+tejas+rafale) aircrafts. It will balance both quantity and quality.
But yes our sqd strength will be more or less same even in 2020 as what it is now i.e 34.

that is why you need both quantity and quality
The IAF IS going for quality AND quality. It is getting the best (Rafale, MKI, FGFA) in huge numbers and replacing aged a/c on a one on one basis with fighters vastly more capable than them. The IAF's aim is to get 42 fighter SQDs by 2022 and have 50 by 2027-30 so it WILL have both the numbers and the quality, no doubt about it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom