What's new

India gang-rape victim in Singapore for treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I think we should send them to one of the supermax here in the US and take turn staying with 6'4" LeRoy as their roommate.
YvEN9.png

Good move to transfer her outside of the country. This will hopefully shake off an army of journalists of her and give her some rest.

The toughest punishment against rape cases are served in UK with most cases ended up being life imprisonment for the scumbags .
How hard is it for the GOI to adopt a certain law system such as this ?

Please send the rapists to singapore as well, they will hang them ASAP.

heh.....where did you find this ?

Singapore's Mount Elizabeth Hospital issued a statement on the condition of Delhi gang rape victim. It said that the victim is still very critical. as per Indian media reports

You misunderstand me. What I mean by "understand the criminals" is to understand and be sympathetic to the reasoning behind why they commit the crime. It has nothing to do with getting the wrong guy. The whole criminal justice system is to ensure that the law catch the right guy. And this should be paramount as we don't want to punish the wrong person.As for sympathizing the criminals, would it matter if one of the rapist was sexually molested by his step father or uncle when he was young. Would that give them an excuse to perpetrate their crime? In US, people do get away with committing a crime with reduced sentences if they were a victim of a past offense themselves. To me, that is all bull crap. If you commit a crime, then you receive the same punishment no matter what was in your past.
Actually I didn't disagree with you, may be I stated wrong.

I agree with you on the matter that it shouldn't matter what life a criminal had before committing the crime. My point is if we can understand what turns a normal kid into a criminal should be understood too. Most of the serial rapists and serial killers are those who had in fact some genetic disorder, that we can't change but many of them are turned into criminals because of molestation, abuse in their childhood. We can stop these crimes too which can help in reducing so many potential criminals.

If you look in India's context, many if the rape are done by higher caste on lower caste women. Reason is that they are taught since their childhood that they are superior to the lower caste and they see the disrespect of these lower caste as a normal behavior. Similarly, in urban areas, most of the rapists are those who didn't get enough attention from their parents, didn't get good moral teachings, went into drugs and alcohol environment. Exposure to the world which shows women as object rather than a human makes things worse.

Other day I saw a person saying lets legalize prostitution in India to reduce rape. I personally feel its a pathetic idea. Prostitution is another form of crime against the women, if you think from different perspective. Legalizing it may save certain segment of society's women but the demand it will create will actually result in many girls forced in prostitution after being kidnapped, human trafficking etc. It will create more problems.

I personally feel that these evils like rape can be uprooted if each family in our country take responsibility to teach their kids to respect women as a whole. Not just their mother, sister, wife and daughter. Strange woman should receive equal respect.

I sometimes feel that in our country we give billions of rupees as offering to temples of Goddess but can't financially support the women in need so that they don't have to pick prostitution to raise their kids.

In my opinion, the rapist should also be transfer to Singapore as well to face justice there. They will get several canning to the critical area before dismemberment of the critical area. If they survive, they can get a position at the Saudi Kings residence.

Amen to this !!
I agree totally. Those sick ba$tards who did this need exactly what you said.

heh.....where did you find this ?
NEW DELHI: Battling for life for the last 11 days, the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim was flown in here today in an "extremely critical condition" and was admitted to a multi-organ transplant specialty hospital.

The victim, who remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment in Safdarjung hospital in Delhi, was brought here in an air ambulance early this morning. A team of doctors and her family members accompanied her.

"The patient arrived at Mount Elizabeth Hospital's Intensive Care Unit this morning in an extremely critical condition," a spokesperson of the hospital told PTI.
Delhi gang-rape victim in 'extremely critical condition', flown to Singapore hospital - The Economic Times

Nirbhaya's condition worsened last night when she suffered a cardiac arrest and was revived after administration of CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Through Wednesday, doctors at Safdarjung hospital struggled to fight the infection seeping through her body.
Delhi gang rape: Girl critical, flown to Singapore - The Times of India

Mount E is the best hospital so its a good choice, I do hope the doctors can do something to save her. Must be agonizing for her to face all that after the traumatic incident not to mention the flight here etc. Best wishes to her condition.

As for the rapist keep them in India, I believe better justice can be meted out there in the cells :)

Is there any update on the condition of the 6 rapists .

what kind of human being does wat these particular rapists have done in this case.why wud you shove a iron rod into such a delicate part of a woman is totally beyond me.i think these people deserve to be castrated for such cruel acts.i think even non violent peace loving people will agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom