What's new

India condemns OIC remarks on Jammu and Kashmir

samv

Reaction score
India objects to OIC calling J&K a country

TNN | Aug 18, 2012, 04.55AM IST

NEW DELHI: An Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) communique referring to Jammu & Kashmir as a country drew a sharp reaction from India which described it as wrong and unacceptable. Despite opposition from India, OIC continues to refer to the state as occupied territory or a separate country.

"We note that there is an erroneous and factually incorrect mention about an integral part of India by the OIC in its communique issued at its Fourth Extraordinary Summit held in Makkah on August 14-15, 2012,'' said official spokesman and joint secretary Syed Akbaruddin. "This is wrong, unacceptable and we reject it,'' he added.

He was replying to India's position on OIC's reference to J&K in its meet in Makkah. Under the heading of Solidarity With Other Member States, the final communique at OIC Summit said, "The Summit affirms its solidarity and full support for Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan and J&K, Iraq, Yemen, Ivory Coast, the Union of Comoros and the Republic of Turkish-Cyprus in addressing the challenges facing these countries."

India objects to OIC calling J&K a country - The Times of India

Would be nice to Know what they have to say in regard to the Chinese Muslims.

OIC is toothless and incompetent organization they have no guts to take any action against india :coffee:

Yes, everybody knows that the OIC is a worthless organization but in this case this rubbish organization would have instantly grown sharp teeth if it had supported the indian occupation of Kashmir.

Yes, everybody knows that the OIC is a worthless organization but in this case this rubbish organization would have instantly grown sharp teeth if it had supported the indian occupation of Kashmir.

???????...??

I Dare the OIC to attack India.How about a economic staction by OIC on India.:partay:

I never heard of "economic staction". I used to hear that the bollywood stars were very good in English. Did you get your English lessons from one of those stars?

Back
Top Bottom