What's new

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal

Voluntary accession. Not stealing by force. There was no "war of Sikkim".

Is that what they taught you in your school textbook.
Well, you need to study a bit more. Here's a start:

"India openly supported the movement against King (Chogyal) Palden Thondup Namgyal. The then ADC to the King, Captain Sonam Yongda, claimed that soldiers of Indian Army in civil dress used to take part in the protests. Some of the protesters were brought from Darjeeling and the surrounding areas. The number of Sikkimese who took part in the protest was quite small. But that was enough.

Lhendup’s protest movement depended mainly on Indian financial assistance. The money was made available through Intelligence Bureau (IB). “The people from IB used to visit me twice or thrice a year. An IB agent, Tejpal Sen, used to handover money to me personally”, Dorji had told me in a recorded interview.

In fact, the main actor behind the ‘Mission Sikkim’ was India’s external intelligence agency, RAW (Research and Analysis Wing)"
The Pain of Losing a Nation. Story of Lhendup Dorji and Sikkim | United We Blog! for a Democratic Nepal

India’s “Chief Executive” in Gangtok wrote: “Sikkim’s merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter, and played his cards better, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.”
India’s illegal occupation of independent Sikkim has to be reversed | Proud to be a Sikkimese

USA also sells weapons to Pakistan. Meanwhile India is the first country after world war two officially buys weapon from Japan.

Hate China doesn't mean you have to dance with Nazi Abe.
US sells conventional weapons to Pakistan, China gives nuclear weapons and missile tech to Pakistan.
We understand why US needs to cajole Pakistan to do their bidding in WOT, but why does Chincoms need to militarily support Islamist terrorist and rogue countries?

India obey the independant policy or 'taking chance' policy?

Most Chinese in PDF seem to regard India as a non issue. I wonder why some civilian planes are causing such heartache? Surely, mighty China is not going to worry about any civilian 787 Dreamliner purchases right?

wow, there is alot of emotion here, some are just jump of joys, As for my self I will really deceived if India couldn't get any out of this hard work diplomacy with Japan. It's must really a sweet revenge for India of what China have done with Pakistan isn't it :lol:.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is that what they taught you in your school textbook.
Well, you need to study a bit more. Here's a start:

"India openly supported the movement against King (Chogyal) Palden Thondup Namgyal. The then ADC to the King, Captain Sonam Yongda, claimed that soldiers of Indian Army in civil dress used to take part in the protests. Some of the protesters were brought from Darjeeling and the surrounding areas. The number of Sikkimese who took part in the protest was quite small. But that was enough.

Lhendup’s protest movement depended mainly on Indian financial assistance. The money was made available through Intelligence Bureau (IB). “The people from IB used to visit me twice or thrice a year. An IB agent, Tejpal Sen, used to handover money to me personally”, Dorji had told me in a recorded interview.

In fact, the main actor behind the ‘Mission Sikkim’ was India’s external intelligence agency, RAW (Research and Analysis Wing)"
The Pain of Losing a Nation. Story of Lhendup Dorji and Sikkim | United We Blog! for a Democratic Nepal

India’s “Chief Executive” in Gangtok wrote: “Sikkim’s merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter, and played his cards better, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.”
India’s illegal occupation of independent Sikkim has to be reversed | Proud to be a Sikkimese

Some random blogs, huh? If that's how you learn things, I could also show you that Obama is the antichrist and that aliens have already taken over major capitals. Try to educate yourself from proper, credible sources.

USA also sells weapons to Pakistan. Meanwhile India is the first country after world war two officially buys weapon from Japan.

Hate China doesn't mean you have to dance with Nazi Abe.

China helps Pakistan against India ..No problem..China Pak Fridges

But
If

India Joins hands with Japan... Big problem...

wow, there is alot of emotion here, some are just jump of joys, As for my self I will really deceived if India couldn't get any out of this hard work diplomacy with Japan. It's must really a sweet revenge for India of what China have done with Pakistan isn't it :lol:.
Who cares about them.
India needs to develop fast and Japan is helping India. That is all that matters.

Sorry for my inadequate knowledge..But what is the use of this military Aircraft?? can't we station some squadron of Tejas/Sukhoi in Andmaan, because 110 million $ is huge amount for one aircraft.
even Rafele is quoted for 120 million $ after price escalation....

The operational use lies in search and rescue roles mainly, which fighters are obviously not meant for, but the really high costs actuallly hints on a more political / industrial aim, rather than any important defence oriented one. The Japanese laws restricts defence exports, so we can't arm the aircraft, which hardly is needed in that role anyway, but the same restrictions will stop us from other more interesting defence imports. Co-development of techs like engines for example would be an interesting field, where both countries could join. There were reports before about Japanese interest in Kaveri engine, but at this stage it would be interesting if they could join the further development as a partner, to use it on future fighters. Would be an interesting chance!

this aircraft can be used for covert operations in Indian Ocean. This was Indeed Needed!! Land near any Island, and set up the base.

Back
Top Bottom