What's new

India Bans Zakir Naik’s Islamic Propaganda Channel Peace TV.

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Dangerous Discourse: India Bans Islamic Propaganda Channel
© Fotolia/ udra11
ASIA & PACIFIC
18:10 08.07.2016(updated 18:11 08.07.2016) Get short URL
The Indian government has put a ban on Zakir Naik’s show on his his self-owned channel Peace TV.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued an advisory to all the cable operators and satellites channels not to show Zakir Naik’s speeches.

1042328052.jpg

© AP PHOTO/
Indian Gov’t Eyeing Muslim Preacher Suspected of Inspiring Terror Attacks
Indian government authorities are also examining the recordings of Zakir Naik, Islamic preacher and motivator of the Dhaka killers, before taking any action against him.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh told media that recordings of his speeches are being examined for necessary action and asserted that the Indian government will not compromise on the issue of terrorism.

Additionally, Maharashtra state Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis also directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to investigate and submit a detailed report on the speeches and activities of Zakir Naik.

Earlier, Muslim religious leaders had also asked the government to put a ban on the shows of Zakir Naik.

1042328052.jpg

© AP PHOTO/
Muslim Man Praised as Hero for Not Abandoning Friends During Dhaka Siege
The Shahi Imam of Kolkata’s Tipu Sultan Masjid, one of the most powerful Muslim leaders of Bengal, while condemning the recent attacks on Bangladesh, Medina and Baghdad condemned Zakir Naik for misleading people and demanded that his shows on Peace TV be banned in India.
Mumbai-based Islamic preacher Zakir Naik’s speeches had reportedly inspired Dhaka killer Rohan Imtiaz and leader of the Daesh group Ibrahim Yazdani which was busted by National Intelligence Agency in Hyderabad.

After the Dhaka terror attack, the Bangladeshi government has sought action against Zakir Naik.

Amid increasing pressure Zakir Naik released a statement, saying he totally disagreed that he inspired the act of killing innocent people in Dhaka. He said that, “There is not a single talk of mine where I encouraged one to kill another, whether Muslims or non-Muslim.”

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20160708/1042659057/india-islamic-propaganda.html

No licence to air in India, but no stopping Peace TV

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Unlicensed channels easily available through cable operators
  • Zakir Naik preached his sermons through one such channel uplinked from Dubai
  • I&B ministry mulling strict action to rein in cable operators airing unlicensed channels
53088605.jpg

NEW DELHI: Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's sermons through his channel Peace TV has brought into focus the loopholes in the country's broadcast regulatory framework. Though the channel does not have a licence to broadcast in India, it continues to be beamed unhindered via cable operators.

Naik's speeches have come under the scanner following the Bangladesh terror attack. Investigations have revealed that the terrorists were inspired by Naik's speeches aired on his channel. The channel, which reportedly uplinks from Dubai, is easily available across the subcontinent.

Concerned over unlicenced channels running amok, the I&B ministry has stepped up heat on states to rein in cable operators and multi-system operators. Highly placed sources said on Wednesday that the ministry was planning to circulate a list of licenced channels and ask district collectors and SPs to ensure compliance.

"Punitive action will be taken against those who are found to be in violation and are broadcasting unlicenced channels. State authorities, district collectors and others have been told to monitor such cable operators,'' a source said. Ministry sources also said that any evidence that unlicenced channels were being shown would be taken up on priority.

The I&B ministry, through state police, can seize equipment and take punitive action against cable operators under the Cable Television Network (Regulation) Amendment Act, 2011 if a cable operator is found violating the programme code. The code stipulates that content beamed by cable operators should not "contain attack on religions or communities or visuals or words contemptuous of religious groups or which promote communal attitudes'' or "contain anything affecting the integrity of the nation''.

When asked about Naik's speeches, I&B minister M Venkaiah Naidu, who took charge on Wednesday, said, "We have time to study all these aspects."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...no-stopping-Peace-TV/articleshow/53088604.cms

If it was not banned then may be in few years lot of hindus would have been reverted to Islam right?...A decision made out of insecurities of the majority since they can't handle the truth and knowledge. Still they want to keep the label secular state... But he has already diversified his audience and globalised his channel and his presence from Japan to UK, he has all bases covered. This decision will do more harm to India than to Zakir Naik and his mission and it is also a reminder for Muslims India that they have no equal rights to practice and propagate their religion.

Last edited:
Very sad his chanel is banned now for laughable allegations. One terrorist followed him in twitter or facebook doesn't mean he inspired the terrorist if didn't tell anything incouraging terrorism. The Same terrorist also followed indian actress and had selfie with her, so it doesn't matter whom he follows or not. Some Alem was infuriated by his popularly and modern explaination of Islam took chance to stop him by the help of media propaganda in Bangladesh And India.

Very sad his chanel is banned now for laughable allegations. One terrorist followed him in twitter or facebook doesn't mean he inspired the terrorist if didn't tell anything incouraging terrorism. The Same terrorist also followed indian actress and had selfie with her, so it doesn't matter whom he follows or not. Some Alem was infuriated by his popularly and modern explaination of Islam took chance to stop him by the help of media propaganda in Bangladesh And India.
But they need to ban youtube, facebook and dailymotion too since IRF will more effectively use these media now despite the fact there are thousands of his videos on youtube already. The people who have got addicted into listening Dr Zakir Naik for his disucssion, debates and Q&As will resort to the internet and social media and their numbers run in millions.

If it was not banned then may be in few years lot of hindus would have been reverted to Islam right?...A decision made out of insecurities of the majority since they can't handle the truth and knowledge.

You misunderstand....no one is scared of being voluntarily converted, on the other hand a lot of people are scared of having their throats slit for not being able to recite passages from the Koran on demand and would prefer to take those who instigate such supremacist views off the air. Unlike yourself, there are many Muslims who do not subscribe to his viewpoint and consider him dangerous....so please don't feel obliged to speak on everyone's behalf.

You misunderstand....no one is scared of being voluntarily converted, on the other hand a lot of people are scared of having their throats slit for not being able to recite passages from the Koran on demand and would prefer to take those who instigate such supremacist views off the air.
Then you banned the wrong person because he discourages killing of any innocent person...so this is rather ridiculous and do you think by banning people will not listen....there are so many ways people can listen to him..youtube I hope you have heard about it.

Then you banned the wrong person because he discourages killing of any innocent person...so this is rather ridiculous and do you think by banning people will not listen....there are so many ways people can listen to him..youtube I hope you have heard about it.
People whose job it is to listen to his sermons disagree with you.

I myself have heard some of his sermons....the most charitable thing that can be said is that he propagates a highly supremacist brand of Islam which is insulting to other religions and has no place in the 21st century.

Unfortunately for you, many Indian Muslims including clerics share that viewpoint...it is hate speech and demeaning to those of other faiths.

While I am not a huge fan of Zakir Naik because of his sometimes distorted explanation of scientific theories, I don't think his sermons can be attributed with terrorism. That is not what he is working for. So this ban does not make any sense.

As for the muslim clerics demanding a ban, well he is hated by the Brelvi and Shia people across the sub-continent and combined they form the majority of muslims in the region.

If it was not banned then may be in few years lot of hindus would have been reverted to Islam right?...
110 crore Hindus laughed at your post. First understand this man - You believe Hindus are impressed by his speeches and words? This is the real problem. Since some of his followers gets excited and believes that even Hindus will be convinced of the so called greatness of Islam just by hearing his speeches and drama, you are wrong.

110 crore Hindus laughed at your post. First understand this man - You believe Hindus are impressed by his speeches and words? This is the real problem. Since some of his followers gets excited and believes that even Hindus will be convinced of the so called greatness of Islam just by hearing his speeches and drama, you are wrong.

Crore's already have

invite him and hiss channel to pakistan that will ....... and FYI i watch peace TV and it is largely anit-terrorist with special programs against terrorism ....... you have just pved the way for terrorist to make moderate muslims join their filthy campaign

Back
Top Bottom