What's new

India appreciates Pakistan's role in safe return of sailors

relativiti

Reaction score
India has appreciated Pakistan's help in ensuring safe return of Indian sailors who were held captive by Somali pirates aboard M V Suez.

"We are relieved that their ordeal has ended and they would soon be safely back with their families," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said in New Delhi on Friday.

"We appreciate the timely help extended to them and sailors of other countries, by the Pakistani navy," he said in a statement.

The 22-member crew of M V Suez including six Indians were brought to Karachi on Thursday. The Indian sailors reached here on Friday.

At the same time, the Minister noted that 500 other sailors from across the world are still in captivity of pirates and pressed for coordinated efforts by countries to fight the scourge of piracy.

"The scourge of piracy requires a well coordinated response by all entities, especially navies of more than two dozen nations that provide security to sea faring vessels in piracy infested waters," he said.

The crew members of M V Suez, including four Pakistanis, a Sri Lankan and 11 Egyptians, were freed after over two million dollars was paid as ransom to the Somali pirates last week.

The crew had been held by the pirates for about 10 months.

<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>India appreciates Pakistan's role in safe return of sailors<o:p></o:p></o:p> - www.ddinews.com

Thats the right way
!
Appreciate the good deeds of others, always. GOOD JOB (Hancock way)!!

I think it's a good thing but I just think this news has been complexity overrated by the Pakistani side- it's a case of "man eats dog"- IN has saved THOUSANDS of sailors of all nationalities including Pakistan but when PN does it once the Pakistani media jumps all over it and tries to point score. Rather pathetic.

I think it's a good thing but I just think this news has been complexity overrated by the Pakistani side- it's a case of "man eats dog"- IN has saved THOUSANDS of sailors of all nationalities including Pakistan but when PN does it once the Pakistani media jumps all over it and tries to point score. Rather pathetic.

It's ok. It may be the one good deed pakistan has helped India with. Not saying I'm not grateful.. just funny how everything else goes unnoticed and a good deed by pakistan gets the media hype.

Thanks to the PN by the way :cheers:

Sigh..

its hopeless with you Indians..
cant take the appreciation one bit..
one teency weency bit.

Sigh..

one teency weency bit.

Thats totally wrong Santro there are lot of people who appreciate the gesture by PN. Please don't generalize.

Sigh..

one teency weency bit.

Huh, And you are trying to moderate the discussion here??

Read my post above, I am an Indian & I appreciated PN. I cant even report your post, guess moderation is license to troll.

If you read my post you will see I praise the PN for helping but as an international ship it has the duty to do so anyways. All I am saying is it looks like this incident is being used as a cheap PR stunt to discredit IN and is overlooking the enormous efforts made by IN over the years of anti piracy ops which have saved dozens of Pakistani and other nationals over this time. Why no reportage of this? Again- "man bites dog" scenario.

Sigh..

one teency weency bit.

Sir i would have appriciated if PN had gone there and fought with the pirates and got the sailors back ... no appriciation for paying ransom and getting them back....

Sir i would have appriciated if PN had gone there and fought with the pirates and got the sailors back ... no appriciation for paying ransom and getting them back....

What are you talking about? PN bring them safe from pirates and INS Godawari.
IN se to itna bhi nahi hua.Kisi kaam ke nahi hai tumhari itni bari Indian Navy.No respect for them for doing nothing

All The Contraversy Aside , Thanks Pakistan Navy - It was A good Gesture....Good Job PN :tup:

Main thing is that people returned back to home safely and we should appreciate who took action against pirates. All other stories nothing but useless attempt from each side.

Back
Top Bottom