BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Editor

Asian Triune – March 25, 2014

By K.T.Rajasingham

It is abundantly clear that India was never a friend of Sri Lanka. Right through out it was a 'Foe in Disguise'. It is now high time, Sri Lankan must come forward to reconsider the ‘so-called’ bilateral relationship with India.

The’ historical’, ‘longstanding’ and ‘traditional,’ are words used to describe the relationship India had with Sri Lanka. Those were all mere words, - in fact, right from the days of Ravan, India was hostile, deceptive, duplicitous and fraudulent.

In Geneva

I was in Geneva to participate in the 2011 - 16th regular session of the Human Rights Council (28 February to 25 March 2011) and also in 2012 for the 19th regular session of the Human Rights Council (27 February to 23 March).

It was in 2012, for the first time, at the 19th regular session of the Human Rights Council (27 February to 23 March), India for the first time openly exposed it’s true colors – double-speak and backstabbing Sri Lanka, voting in favor of the anti-Sri Lanka resolution introduced by the US Government.

Earlier, for the first time, strictures against Sri Lanka were introduced in May 2009 and 17 countries attempted to get the 11th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to investigate war crimes in Sri Lanka. They put forward a resolution deploring and alleging - both the Sri Lankan Government Armed Forces and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) , and it was thwarted after the Sri Lankan Government received support from China, Russia, India and developing countries.

The UNHRC instead, passed the resolution on 27 May 2009, which on the contrary commended the Sri Lankan Government's actions, condemned the LTTE and ignored allegations of violations of human rights and humanitarian laws by Government Security Forces. That resolution was passed by 29 votes to 12 votes with 6 abstentions.

Subsequently, on 25 October 2009 the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights called for an independent, international investigation of possible war crimes committed during the last few months of the war in Sri Lanka.

In June 2010, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appointed a three-member panel of so called ‘experts’ to advise him on whether war crimes were committed in the final stages of the civil war. The panel consisted of Marzuki Darusman(Indonesia - chair), Steven Ratner (USA) and Yasmin Sooka (South Africa).

The panel, it was revealed, said to have examined, “the modalities, applicable international standards and comparative experience with regard to accountability processes, taking into account the nature and scope of any alleged violations in Sri Lanka".

On 12 April 2011, the panel handed over its report,“Report of the Secretary-General's Panel of Experts on Accountability In Sri Lanka, “to the UN Secretary-General .

19th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council

In the meantime, I observed the fast growing suspicion, deep and serious concern and strain in the bilateral relationship between India and Sri Lanka, though India supported Sri Lanka at the 16th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council.

Subsequently, in the 19th regular session of the UNHCR, for the first time, US announced that it would bring in a resolution against Sri Lanka.

In my capacity as Editor ofAsian Tribune, I was in Geneva to observe the proceedings of the 19th regular session of the UN Human Rights Council.

When I was there, I also had the opportunity to take part in the briefing sessions of the Sri Lankan delegation in connection with US resolution.

Speaking in the briefing session, Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe, who led the Sri Lanka delegation, when asked about the position of India regarding the US resolution, he very candidly said, “Of course India is our best friend and India definitely would support Sri Lanka.”

The response of Minister Samarasinghe reflected the unshakable trust and confidence Sri Lanka had on India.

Next day morning, I met some of the Indian External Affairs Ministry officials at the breakfast table in the hotel where I stayed.

One of the Indian officials asked me about the position of Sri Lanka and without entertaining any suspicion, I told them of the trust and confidence Sri Lanka had on India. When I told Sri Lanka’s position, I saw a cunning smile hovering in the lips of the Indian officials. It was a clear revelation of Sri Lanka’s foolishness in trusting the Indians.

In 2012 and 2013, India had voted in favor of the United States-sponsored resolution in the UNHRC, seeking investigation into the human rights violations, reportedly committed by Sri Lankan Security Forces during the last phase of the so-called Eelam War IV in early 2009.

The 2012 - US sponsored resolution got the backing of 24, including India out of 47 member states of UN Human Rights Council, while 15 member-states voted against and eight abstained.

In 2013, the US resolution was backed by 31 including India in favor, 15 against and 1 abstention.

India Flood Sri Lankan Markets with trashes

Even after India backstabbed Sri Lanka for the second time, back to back, the island nation and its leadership still hope India might come forward to rescue Sri Lanka in the international fora.

The position of India is being debated in the corridors of Sri Lankan Presidential Secretariat and I can’t understand why some of those ‘shakers and movers’ of power and position in Sri Lanka consider that India would reconsider its earlier position and support Sri Lanka.

India right throughout look for Sri Lanka to be submissive. The country is flooded with all sort of trashes manufactured in India - from trucks, jeeps and other vehicles to consumable food items.

Sinhalese failed to take ownership of Tamils

It was unfortunate that the majority community in Sri Lankai.eSinhalese has allowed the ownership of the Tamils to slip out of their hands.

It was due to the continuous adoption of theMaha Vamsa Mentalitypropagated vengeance and hostility against the Tamils and it caused the ownership of the Tamils slipped from their hands and made India and other international community to take over Tamils in their hands.

It all started, in a very big way, after the ‘1983 July Holocaust’, where Tamils were attacked and humiliated. At this point of time, for the first time the then Indian Prime Minister Indra Gandhi took personal interest in the affairs of Sri Lankan Tamils to rope in them in the side of India.

In her intention to make India the regional power in Asia, moved to tackle the affairs of Sri Lanka by targeting Sri Lankan Tamils living in the North and East. Already the Tamils of Indian origin living in the upcountry were under the control of India.

After 1983, Indra Gandhi invited the Tamil youths to India and gave them training in arms and assisted them to attack government positions in the North and Eastern provinces of the country.

In the early stages, attacks on government positions were determined by RAW (Research Analysis Wing – India’s version of CIA) and a RAW agent was always there to lead those attacks.

After the demise of Indra Gandhi, her son Rajiv Gandhi took over the country. By threat and intimidation he entered into an Accord with Sri Lanka in 1987 which was the ‘Mother of All Problems,” - main cause for the present problems in the country.

To date, India’s penetration into Sri Lanka was devastating. It has already involved in controlling Sri Lanka – politically, economically and culturally.

There was a move to grab Sri Lankan lands – Katchativu islet and intrusion into Sri Lankan Maritime Boundary – by trying to legalize poaching in the Gulf of Mannar and Palk Strait sea region.

India has to be exposed and the bilateral relationship needs to be reviewed in the best interest of Sri Lanka.

India – A Foe in Disguise | Asian Tribune

Editor

Asian Triune – March 25, 2014

By K.T.Rajasingham

It is abundantly clear that India was never a friend of Sri Lanka. Right through out it was a 'Foe in Disguise'. It is now high time, Sri Lankan must come forward to reconsider the ‘so-called’ bilateral relationship with India.

The’ historical’, ‘longstanding’ and ‘traditional,’ are words used to describe the relationship India had with Sri Lanka. Those were all mere words, - in fact, right from the days of Ravan, India was hostile, deceptive, duplicitous and fraudulent.

In Geneva

I was in Geneva to participate in the 2011 - 16th regular session of the Human Rights Council (28 February to 25 March 2011) and also in 2012 for the 19th regular session of the Human Rights Council (27 February to 23 March).

It was in 2012, for the first time, at the 19th regular session of the Human Rights Council (27 February to 23 March), India for the first time openly exposed it’s true colors – double-speak and backstabbing Sri Lanka, voting in favor of the anti-Sri Lanka resolution introduced by the US Government.

Earlier, for the first time, strictures against Sri Lanka were introduced in May 2009 and 17 countries attempted to get the 11th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to investigate war crimes in Sri Lanka. They put forward a resolution deploring and alleging - both the Sri Lankan Government Armed Forces and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) , and it was thwarted after the Sri Lankan Government received support from China, Russia, India and developing countries.

The UNHRC instead, passed the resolution on 27 May 2009, which on the contrary commended the Sri Lankan Government's actions, condemned the LTTE and ignored allegations of violations of human rights and humanitarian laws by Government Security Forces. That resolution was passed by 29 votes to 12 votes with 6 abstentions.

Subsequently, on 25 October 2009 the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights called for an independent, international investigation of possible war crimes committed during the last few months of the war in Sri Lanka.

In June 2010, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appointed a three-member panel of so called ‘experts’ to advise him on whether war crimes were committed in the final stages of the civil war. The panel consisted of Marzuki Darusman(Indonesia - chair), Steven Ratner (USA) and Yasmin Sooka (South Africa).

The panel, it was revealed, said to have examined, “the modalities, applicable international standards and comparative experience with regard to accountability processes, taking into account the nature and scope of any alleged violations in Sri Lanka".

On 12 April 2011, the panel handed over its report,“Report of the Secretary-General's Panel of Experts on Accountability In Sri Lanka, “to the UN Secretary-General .

19th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council

In the meantime, I observed the fast growing suspicion, deep and serious concern and strain in the bilateral relationship between India and Sri Lanka, though India supported Sri Lanka at the 16th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council.

Subsequently, in the 19th regular session of the UNHCR, for the first time, US announced that it would bring in a resolution against Sri Lanka.

In my capacity as Editor ofAsian Tribune, I was in Geneva to observe the proceedings of the 19th regular session of the UN Human Rights Council.

When I was there, I also had the opportunity to take part in the briefing sessions of the Sri Lankan delegation in connection with US resolution.

Speaking in the briefing session, Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe, who led the Sri Lanka delegation, when asked about the position of India regarding the US resolution, he very candidly said, “Of course India is our best friend and India definitely would support Sri Lanka.”

The response of Minister Samarasinghe reflected the unshakable trust and confidence Sri Lanka had on India.

Next day morning, I met some of the Indian External Affairs Ministry officials at the breakfast table in the hotel where I stayed.

One of the Indian officials asked me about the position of Sri Lanka and without entertaining any suspicion, I told them of the trust and confidence Sri Lanka had on India. When I told Sri Lanka’s position, I saw a cunning smile hovering in the lips of the Indian officials. It was a clear revelation of Sri Lanka’s foolishness in trusting the Indians.

In 2012 and 2013, India had voted in favor of the United States-sponsored resolution in the UNHRC, seeking investigation into the human rights violations, reportedly committed by Sri Lankan Security Forces during the last phase of the so-called Eelam War IV in early 2009.

The 2012 - US sponsored resolution got the backing of 24, including India out of 47 member states of UN Human Rights Council, while 15 member-states voted against and eight abstained.

In 2013, the US resolution was backed by 31 including India in favor, 15 against and 1 abstention.

India Flood Sri Lankan Markets with trashes

Even after India backstabbed Sri Lanka for the second time, back to back, the island nation and its leadership still hope India might come forward to rescue Sri Lanka in the international fora.

The position of India is being debated in the corridors of Sri Lankan Presidential Secretariat and I can’t understand why some of those ‘shakers and movers’ of power and position in Sri Lanka consider that India would reconsider its earlier position and support Sri Lanka.

India right throughout look for Sri Lanka to be submissive. The country is flooded with all sort of trashes manufactured in India - from trucks, jeeps and other vehicles to consumable food items.

Sinhalese failed to take ownership of Tamils

It was unfortunate that the majority community in Sri Lankai.eSinhalese has allowed the ownership of the Tamils to slip out of their hands.

It was due to the continuous adoption of theMaha Vamsa Mentalitypropagated vengeance and hostility against the Tamils and it caused the ownership of the Tamils slipped from their hands and made India and other international community to take over Tamils in their hands.

It all started, in a very big way, after the ‘1983 July Holocaust’, where Tamils were attacked and humiliated. At this point of time, for the first time the then Indian Prime Minister Indra Gandhi took personal interest in the affairs of Sri Lankan Tamils to rope in them in the side of India.

In her intention to make India the regional power in Asia, moved to tackle the affairs of Sri Lanka by targeting Sri Lankan Tamils living in the North and East. Already the Tamils of Indian origin living in the upcountry were under the control of India.

After 1983, Indra Gandhi invited the Tamil youths to India and gave them training in arms and assisted them to attack government positions in the North and Eastern provinces of the country.

In the early stages, attacks on government positions were determined by RAW (Research Analysis Wing – India’s version of CIA) and a RAW agent was always there to lead those attacks.

After the demise of Indra Gandhi, her son Rajiv Gandhi took over the country. By threat and intimidation he entered into an Accord with Sri Lanka in 1987 which was the ‘Mother of All Problems,” - main cause for the present problems in the country.

To date, India’s penetration into Sri Lanka was devastating. It has already involved in controlling Sri Lanka – politically, economically and culturally.

There was a move to grab Sri Lankan lands – Katchativu islet and intrusion into Sri Lankan Maritime Boundary – by trying to legalize poaching in the Gulf of Mannar and Palk Strait sea region.

India has to be exposed and the bilateral relationship needs to be reviewed in the best interest of Sri Lanka.

India – A Foe in Disguise | Asian Tribune
Huh here comes another conspiracy theory by our own in house lungiwala:rofl:.Come on mate you can do better than this!!

well well here comes the dream crusher:
Sorry Indians. you have to live with these things. you earned it did not you?

not-this-shit-again.jpg

Another of Munshi's usual India-bashing threads!

Get a life, man!

I chuckled a bit.

...Mostly at the level of journalism and painful-to-read English.

Back
Top Bottom