What's new

India 11,000 years back!!!

upload_2015-6-16_13-3-32-png.230071

These are an almost exact match in size and shape to be tools for shaping pottery, especially on the wheel. Note the thumb-sized indentations, suitable for gripping. Wear from use would explain the "well-polished" description. Holes are bored in so the potter can collect his tools on a cord, now dissolved by the environment, leaving only the the tools behind. (The example at lower left is, in my opinion, a fragment of what was originally a larger tool.)

Previously the first known use of the wheel was about 6,000 years ago, I think, and in Mesopotamia, not India. So while not definitive, this seems like an exciting discovery!

upload_2015-6-16_13-3-32-png.230071

These are an almost exact match in size and shape to be tools for shaping pottery, especially on the wheel. Note the thumb-sized indentations, suitable for gripping. Wear from use would explain the "well-polished" description. Holes are bored in so the potter can collect his tools on a cord, now dissolved by the environment, leaving only the the tools behind. (The example at lower left is, in my opinion, a fragment of what was originally a larger tool.)

Previously the first known use of the wheel was about 6,000 years ago, I think, and in Mesopotamia, not India. So while not definitive, this seems like an exciting discovery!
Let me show you a few more artefacts which were discovered on the western coastline.

1) The tiny bead with a hole.
image.jpg

2) Polished and shiny object:

image.jpg

3) the deer with carving on both sides:

image.jpg

image.jpg

4) This object looks as if it was put through a lathe. :)

image.jpg

5) Another polished object:
image.jpg

India 11,000 years back!!!
......... They also talk of the Iceage which gobbled up beautiful coasts, and everything that existed before iceage vanished beneath the sea. This flood finds a mention in all the ancient scriptures,

It is wrong to assume the first civilisation mushroomed in India during the Harappan period (7-5000yrs), ....

Sources:
Flooded kingdom of iceage, Origin of civilisations-Graham Hancock.

@Atanz @FaujHistorian @SrNair @SpArK @nair @kurup @wolfschanzze @AugenBlick @Srinivas @jamahir and others

@levina Ji,

Good to hear from you. Hope you don't mind an honest assessment of what you posted. my apologies in advance.

This article should talk about a sunken settlement and not a "civilization". A settlement and a Civilization are two different things. if you all can prove that sunken settlement was part of a network of other stone age cities then we can move towards bigger impact of this settlement. Otherwise it will remain propaganda and not legitimate science.

There are two major issues with this writeup.

1. Ice age did not gobble up coastal cities. It encouraged coastal cities as the water levels in the oceans dropped.
2. harrappan civilization is in true sense a civilization that spanned multiple cities along Sindh River in modern day Pakistan. But the rest of the Indian subcontinent remained in dark ages aka stone ages. This is evident from Ganga valley being a non-player in human advancements until 1000s of years later.

So if there was a stone age settlement in Tamilnado, it should not be touted and trumpeted as "Civilization".

Peace.

Let me show you a few more artefacts which were discovered on the western coastline.

1) The tiny bead with a hole.
View attachment 230117
Spacer bead.

2) Polished and shiny object:
View attachment 230119
Pointing tool.

3) the deer with carving on both sides:
View attachment 230123
View attachment 230121
For lips and spouts, perhaps.

4) This object looks as if it was put through a lathe. :)
View attachment 230120
I think if it was a horizontal lathe one would expect the grooves to be symmetrical. Something that small in diameter you could do between your fingers, perhaps.

5) Another polished object:
View attachment 230124
No idea.

I agree. However, I suspect the archaeological record of this site isn't yet complete

Peninsular India is still sucking by ocean water .Within a century current coastal line will again reduce.

From this we can assume that we have had an advanced civilizatiin during the Ice Age .And it was vanished with the end of the Ice age.

We need more study to verify this.Govt should fund for this effort.

Can't we do reclamation like the Chinese are doing

@levina Ji,

Good to hear from you. Hope you don't mind an honest assessment of what you posted. my apologies in advance.

This article should talk about a sunken settlement and not a "civilization". A settlement and a Civilization are two different things. if you all can prove that sunken settlement was part of a network of other stone age cities then we can move towards bigger impact of this settlement. Otherwise it will remain propaganda and not legitimate science.

There are two major issues with this writeup.

1. Ice age did not gobble up coastal cities. It encouraged coastal cities as the water levels in the oceans dropped.
2. harrappan civilization is in true sense a civilization that spanned multiple cities along Sindh River in modern day Pakistan. But the rest of the Indian subcontinent remained in dark ages aka stone ages. This is evident from Ganga valley being a non-player in human advancements until 1000s of years later.

So if there was a stone age settlement in Tamilnado, it should not be touted and trumpeted as "Civilization".

Peace.

Settlement with perfectly planned building structure .
I dont know .
Historians like you know more than

1)
I've corrected the sentence now, I had forgotten to add the word melt down to the sentence. But I guess you missed this line in the OP...
which is the end of ice age, the period when the last of the three pulses of melt water was released).

2)
This article should talk about a sunken settlement and not a "civilization". A settlement and a Civilization are two different things. if you all can prove that sunken settlement was part of a network of other stone age cities then we can move towards bigger impact of this settlement
You missed the point once again, both the sites in Gulf of Cambay and on the coast of TN did show similarities, and the fact that both the sites were miles apart prove that it was part of a civilisation.
1.png

3)
You gotta be kidding me.
I've shown you so much proof and yet you 're in denial mode???

Last edited:
@levina

apologies for replying this late... through the day, whenever i was on pdf, i was posting or replying to currents events which affect the immediate future... please do not mind that i put the far past on second priority... i didn't visit even the "what are you listening" thread today. :-)

i have some basic questions...

1. what was the impact or influence or extent of the ice age upon south asia as a whole??

2. where else were the thread's settlement's effects found inland??

3. the "citadel" picture does not bear resemblance to any structure ( in india ) of the last 2000 years at least... indeed scale or shape of "the citadel" resembles more a egyptian or maybe a saharan structure.

Last edited:

1. what was the impact or influence or extent of the ice age upon south asia as a whole??
upload_2015-6-17_8-51-27.png

2. where else were the thread's settlement's effects found inland??
The work is not complete yet.
Archeology depends on accidental discoveries like that found on the western coast and near TN.

3. the "citadel" picture does not bear resemblance to any structure ( in india ) of the last 2000 years at least... indeed scale or shape of "the citadel" resembles more a egyptian or maybe a saharan structure.
2000 years???
It is very unfortunate that ppl remember the more recent Egyptians/Sumerian civilisations while putting India on a backburner.
Let me introduce you to citadels which were built during the Harappan period(5000-1900BC) like the one built at Dholavira, Gujarat.
Dholavira-the_citadel.jpg

2-jpg.217434

Updating:
The structures which I was talking were dated back to 9000BCE, and then I came across this article
The Scientific Dating of the Ramayana | IndiaFactsIndiaFacts

View attachment 272264

Excited!!!

Sorry but I stopped reading after the open display of bigotry it first few paragraphs. Christian Free-loaders - The usage of that term is no non specific in that the article that it can be safely assumed to cover all of Christians making no distinction between those of are free loaders and those who are not.

This what is everything wrong with Far right in India - the stereotyping they employ, their binary sense of morality and straight out vilification of anyone does not belong to sub-set.

Regards

Sorry but I stopped reading after the open display of bigotry it first few paragraphs. Christian Free-loaders - The usage of that term is no non specific in that the article that it can be safely assumed to cover all of Christians making no distinction between those of are free loaders and those who are not.

This what is everything wrong with Far right in India - the stereotyping they employ, their binary sense of morality and straight out vilification of anyone does not belong to sub-set.

Regards
I have used the article for something more important- the astronomical dating was all that I was looking for.
We can keep religion out of this thread...pls.

11000 year back? I think Indus river civilization was more advance than any civilization until Ottomons.

Back
Top Bottom