Raja Lal Singh, Punjab
bsl48761.jpg

Gulab singh, Kashmir
bsl48762.jpg

Kangra fort
bsl48763.jpg

Rope bridge. Passage of the river Chinab near Nasuman, Banihal pass
bsl48764.jpg

Festival at Purmandal, Jammu, Alpine Punjab. Secredas Hardwar for Hindus. Building built by Gulab Singh
bsl48765.jpg

Udhampore, Jammu
bsl48766.jpg

Hill fort of Gulab Singh, lies on the left bank of Chinab on the road to Jammu
bsl48767.jpg

Jammu, fort in the background across river Tawi
bsl48768.jpg

Bijbeara. Boatman on the river Jehlum, Kashmir
bsl48769.jpg

Fort of Shupayan, Kashmir
bsl48770.jpg

City of Kashmir, Mosque of Shah Hamdar, Hari Parbat fort in the rear. River Jehlum. Boatman, Kashmir
bsl48771.jpg

Hari Parbat fort across Dal Lake, Srinagar, Kashmir
bsl48772.jpg

Sheikh Imam-u-din, Runjur Singh and Dewan Dina Nath
bsl48774.jpg

Wonderful Pics. Thanks for sharing.

@ Kinetic

I hope you don't mind my asking this ... any special reason for posting this picture or you just came across it ?

Khudadad khan 1915
Khudadad_khan_vc1915.jpg

Wonderful Pics. Thanks for sharing

Welcome.

@ Kinetic

I hope you don't mind my asking this ... any special reason for posting this picture or you just came across it ?

Sorry, I didn't get you. What special about this image? This is also very old image like many of other I posted???

Sorry, I didn't get you. What special about this image? This is also very old image like many of other I posted???

No worries. I guess you just came across it. Thanks anyway.

old Karachi is so beautiful :hitwall:

Does anyone have any pictures of Mumbai University. I think back in the day it was next to the coast. Later the land was reclaimed.

Actually the seashore was where present day Churchgate station stands and ran along present day Queens Rd. And where the Taj Wellington Mews stands on Wodehouse Road was the terminus of the railway line. Marine Drive is entirely reclaimed from the sea. Later, Cuffe Parade, Nariman Point were reclaimed.

Last edited:
LAHORI GATE 1930s
LohariGateLahorein1930-1.jpg

Bhagat Singh's house
05022010556.jpg

Hiran Minar is set in peaceful environs near Lahore in Sheikhupura, Pakistan. It was constructed by Emperor Jehangir as a monument to Mansraj, one of his pet deers.

The structure consists of a large, almost-square water tank with an octagonal pavilion in its center, built during the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan; a causeway with its own gateway connects the pavilion with the mainland and a 100-foot-high minar, or minaret.

At the center of each side of the tank, a brick ramp slopes down to the water, providing access for royal animals and wild game. The minar itself was built by Emperor Jahangir in 1606 to honor the memory of a pet hunting antelope named Mansraj.

2695893501_360a85df8b.jpg

2695857595_4f42c0a978.jpg

Patiala wala Kila
dsc00790um0.jpg

maharaja Ranjit Singh da ik army chief Col. Alexander Gardner
Colonel Gardner (1785-1877), was born in America, the son of an emigrant Scots doctor. After a period wandering through Europe and Asia he settled in the service of Ranjit Singh as a Colonel of Artillery. He served on campaigns in Bannu against the Afghans, 1835, commanded the Jammu Artillery.
col-alexander-gardner.jpg

Maharaja Ranjeet Singh's Tomb, Lahore, Punjab; a photo by Samuel Bourne, 1860's*
bourne1860s.jpg

Newspaper showing Headline of Bhagat singh,Rajguru ,Sukhdev Execution...
book8.jpg

Caxton Hall was also the scene of the assassination of Michael O’Dwyer by Udham Singh on March 13 1940. Tipperary-born O’Dwyer had been the Lieutenant Governor of the Punjab at the time of the infamous Amritsar massacre of 1919. Brigadier General O’Dyer, with O’Dwyer’s full connivance, ordered soldiers to open fire on a crowd of 20,000 Indian Independence supporters.

It was said that over 1,500 rounds of ammunition were used in just 15 seconds. The obvious result of which meant hundreds of protesters died in cold blood. Unfortunately for O’Dwyer, one of the victims was Udham Singh’s brother.
udham_singh_center_leaving_caxton_hall_after_arrest_mar_14_1940.jpg

The day after the massacre the Brigadier received a telegram from Governor O’Dwyer which said:

“Your action correct. Lieutenant Governor approves.”

I wonder if the saying “revenge is a dish best served cold” exists in the Sikh language. It probably does, because over twenty years after the massacre, Singh pulled out a Smith and Wesson revolver at a meeting in Caxton Hall and fired six shots, two of which hit the former Punjab Governor, killing him instantly.

At his trial, Singh, not overly contrite, explained to the judge:
“I did it because I had a grudge against him, he deserved it.”

Bhagat Singh in Lahore College...Standing 4th from right side
2497519810072499519S425x425Q85.jpg

undPun1947.jpg

The last national hockey championship of undivided India was held in Bombay in 1947. Punjab won the title for the second year in a row, beating Bombay by a solitary goal in the final, which was played at the packed Bombay Hockey Association ground near Dhobi Talao. It was the first week of April 1947 when the Punjab team returned to Lahore to receive the ovation of the home supporters at the railway station

Hoogly( Calcutta) 1915
201336image009.jpg

Chennai Market (Kothaval Chawadi) 1939
201336image010.jpg

Lahore 1864
201336image011.jpg

Chennai Library 1913 (college studensama)
201336image012.jpg

Chennai Marina beech 1913
201336image013.jpg

Mumbai 1894
201336image014.jpg

[/B]VT Station Mumbai 1894
201336image015.jpg

Mylapore-chennai -1939
201336image016.jpg

Punjab Public Library, Lahore Pakistan 1880

PunjabPublicLibraryLahorePakistan18.jpg

The tomb of Baloch folk hero, Mir Chakar Khan Rind is at Satghara in Okara District, Punjab, Pakistan.
SatgharaisasmalltowninOkaraDistrict.jpg

Amritsar "kisee bazar" (June 1901)
Historical&

Bhagat Singh's Aunty (Chachi) From left Mata Hukam Kaur ,Mata Vidya Wati (Mother) I think she is 2nd from right.
800px-From_left_Mata_Hukam_Kaur_Cha.jpg

FAMILY OF FREEDOM fighters. (From left) Bhagat Singh's father Kishan Singh; grandfather Sardar Arjun Singh; and uncle Ajit Singh who was involved with the Gaddar movement and exiled from India for 40 years.
20071102500301402.jpg

S.Swaran Singh (Uncle of Sardar Bhagat Singh), He died at the age of 23 due to severe torture by the British Rule in 1910.
Swaransingh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom