What's new

In the militancy plagued valley, joining Indian Army is a new craze

Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: DNA INDIA

435609-kashmiri.jpg

For those who raise alarm over the radicalisation of youth and home grown militancy, this should come as a good news. Shunning taboos, hundreds of Kashmiri youth thronged the army recruitment rallies to become the proud soldiers in order to serve the country.

Such was the enthusiasm that more than 2,300 Kashmiri youth applied for less than 50 posts in different branches of the Indian Army. Over 1,500 candidates turned up for the 30 vacancies of soldiers at Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) Regimental Centre in the first phase of recruitment rally for Shopian and Srinagar districts.

In the second phase of recruitment to fill two vacancies of tradesmen, over 700 candidates appeared in the rally from almost all districts of Jammu and Kashmir with maximum representation from Baramulla, Bandipora and Anantnag districts.

“The army offers a lifetime opportunity of adventure, education, progression besides dignity and self-esteem to a soldier, as also to his family. The overwhelming response to the rally is but a reaffirmation of the Kashmiri youth’s growing aspirations to embrace the noble profession of soldering for the nation,” said Colonel NN Joshi, defence spokesman at Srinagar.

Given the huge craving among the youth to join the forces, Indian Army has planned several recruitment rallies across Jammu and Kashmir in coming months.

“Army is sensitive to the growing desire of Kashmiri youth and has started conducting recruitment in a phased manner. The rallies for recruitment into all categories of the army will be held in Sunjuwan in Jammu, Bandipora in Kashmir and Drass in Ladakh in the coming months,” said Colonel Joshi.

The huge response to army recruitment rallies comes in the backdrop of the reports of rising radicalisation of youth and home grown militancy in the valley. Figures reveal that over 60 local and highly educated youth joined the militancy in the last year alone sparking fears about the new breed of radicalised ultras overtaking the foreign counterparts in the valley.

In contrast, 242 young soldiers of the state passed out from JAKLI centre on Saturday after grueling training of eleven months. What was icing on the cake was the huge rush of people thronging the JAKLI centre on Saturday to watch the parade by the young soldiers.

Over 3,000 spectators including proud parents and relatives of the soldiers, veterans and other guests watched the parade of the young recruits turned soldiers.

Lieutenant General Satish Dua, General officer Commanding (GOC), in his address praised their contribution in encouraging more youth from J&K to come forward to join security forces. “He even highlighted the vital role played by their parents in motivating their children and wards to join this noble profession,” said Colonel Joshi.

:lol:I love these rush of articles, during Pathankot attack Kashmiris came out to stone indian soldiers and cheer the militants, the mosques on their loud speakers hailed the Mujahadeen and Azadi and Pakistan.

I think shell shocked indians can only live in denial with these articles

:lol:I love these rush of articles, during Pathankot attack Kashmiris came out to stone indian soldiers and cheer the militants, the mosques on their loud speakers hailed the Mujahadeen and Azadi and Pakistan.

That depends upon the area, Musalman allegiance is devided in Kashmir.Shias (no Hurriyat) in Kargil,Turtok and Laddakh are pro India and anti Pak to their bones while most pro pak Musalman lives in the valley districts.

In border (loc/international border) their allegiance devided,these Bakkarawal Gujjar musalman also join army and Police in large number.

Its because you are an absolute moron . Why let me list it down .

1. It was not during Pathankot attack you old git, read before whinging and wailing stupid things .It was during Parampore .
2. For every Nowhatta and Parampore there are dozens of Sri Nagar and Jammu's .

People like you reduce complex issues like Kashmir into Binary problem when it is not . Instead of being in black and white the issue is in 50 shades of grey .

1. It was not during Pathankot attack you old git, read before whinging and wailing stupid things .It was during Parampore .

People like you reduce complex issues like Kashmir into Binary problem when it is not . Instead of being in black and white the issue is in 50 shades of grey .

Does it really matter,,,

Your soldiers were stoned in kashmir by the people whilst they took on militants, the deaths of your soldiers was celebrated and the loud speakers mocked you whilst the operation was ongoing

Does it really matter,,,

Your soldiers were stoned in kashmir by the people whilst they took on militants, the deaths of your soldiers was celebrated and the loud speakers mocked you whilst the operation was ongoing

Looks like you are in mood to get humiliated by me . First you quote wrong facts and after being proven wrong you come up with one liner . I am not in a good mood today and looks like I found one to educate . Wait for half an hour . You will get response to this one liner as well . Need to attend something urgent now .

That's an extraordinary feat, considering that the distance between Pathankot and Kashmir is over 150 kilometers. Did they run all the way with stones in their hands? Must have been quite a spectacle on the NH-1-A.

People who can't locate Kashmir on a map, and can't tell if a city is in Kashmir or Punjab, are suddenly the spokespersons for Kashmiris. Not just Kashmiris, but for all muslims, going by his above post.

That's an extraordinary feat, considering that the distance between Pathankot and Kashmir is over 150 kilometers. Did they run all the way with stones in their hands?

People who can't locate Kashmir on a map, and can't tell if a city is in Kashmir or Punjab, are suddenly the spokespersons for Kashmiris. Not just Kashmiris, but for all muslims, going by his above post.

Are you denying muslims in kashmir stoned indian soldiers whilst supporting freedom fighters

Are you denying muslims in kashmir stoned indian soldiers whilst supporting freedom fighters

I am denying your ludicrous assertion that Kashmiris pelted stones during the Pathankot attack. If you don't even know whether major cities like Pathankot are in Kashmir or not, I don't think you should be speaking on behalf of Kashmiris.

Separatism in Kashmir has seen its crux, and it was 20 years ago. That day is over. Yes, there are parts of Kashmir where feelings of separatism still exists - but Kashmir as a whole is a state of 10 million people. The number of Kashmiris who are part of mainstream India is far, far greater than the ones wanting to separate.

Note that I am not arguing for or against separatism - I am just pointing out the reality, that it is a lost cause. Even if the entire Kashmir were to revolt, India is in a position to maintain dominance. The reality today is that most Kashmiris have moved on, and are more concerned with being part of India and enjoying the benefits, than trying for an unachievable separation.

And whether you like it or not, the levels of anti-Indian feelings in Kashmir today is miniscule compared to the 1980s and 90s. Credit for that goes to several agencies, and I don't just mean the army.

All muslims hate hindus,

Maybe in Pakistan . India is way different . We love our muslim brothers so do they love us . Before beat your chest and wail on top of your lungs more Muslims are killed every year in Pakistan than all the riots in India combined .

I am denying your ludicrous assertion that Kashmiris pelted stones during the Pathankot attack. If you don't even know whether major cities like Pathankot are in Kashmir or not, I don't think you should be speaking on behalf of Kashmiris.

Separatism in Kashmir has seen its crux, and it was 20 years ago. That day is over. Yes, there are parts of Kashmir where feelings of separatism still exists - but Kashmir as a whole is a state of 10 million people. The number of Kashmiris who are part of mainstream India is far, far greater than the ones wanting to separate.

Note that I am not arguing for or against separatism - I am just pointing out the reality, that it is a lost cause. Even if the entire Kashmir were to revolt, India is in a position to maintain dominance. The reality today is that most Kashmiris have moved on, and are more concerned with being part of India and enjoying the benefits, than trying for an unachievable separation.

And whether you like it or not, the levels of anti-Indian feelings in Kashmir today is miniscule compared to the 1980s and 90s. Credit for that goes to several agencies, and I don't just mean the army.

Muslims dont give up so easily especially when we have haq on our side.

Kashmir a Muslim majority state being occupied by a hindu majority state is unacceptable to us.

This is why regardless of the propaganda when the time came and indian soldiers were in a live operation against Mujahadeen

In a so called part of india, the people without prompting stoned indian soldiers, mocked their deaths, raised pro fighter slogans, the mosques of the faithfully on their loud speakers no less, at full blast hailed the fighters, and sang out pro freedom songs.

These people also benefit from indian subsidies but when the time came they are muslim first and could never side with a hindu soldier over a Muslim Mujahadeen

Maybe in Pakistan . India is way different . We love our muslim brothers so do they love us . Before beat your chest and wail on top of your lungs more Muslims are killed every year in Pakistan than all the riots in India combined .

Yet the same muslims stoned your soldiers and supported the fighters trying to kill indians

Kashmir a Muslim majority state being occupied by a hindu majority state is unacceptable to us.

What is unacceptable to you is your and your family's problem . Yaha rone se kuch nae hoga .

What is unacceptable to you is your and your family's problem . Yaha rone se kuch nae hoga .

Back
Top Bottom