What's new

In Pakistan, tolerant Islamic voices are being silenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy everything you read as fact. This article is very much anti Saudi. Anti wahabi (whatever they think that is).
Fact is sufi practices are not the practice of our beloved prophet pbnh. He didn't dance sing or all the other funny stuff they do BUT NO WAY CAN YOU BOMB THEM OR HARM THEM IN THE WAY THESE DUMB TERRORISTS DID.

What was wong in this act?

Are you suggesting it was wise to blow up this centuries old statue ?

I would agree to a fair extent.

It's a useless rock that holds zero significance.

Killing someone is not the same as destroying a stupid rock.

:lol:
Didn't know rocks can inflict curses.

you do not respect other cultures/traditions/religions yet you demand everyone respect your culture/traditions/religion
so much wrong in that! the root of many evils!
@Syed.Ali.Haider @Nilgiri

Last edited:
need to limit saudi influence in pakistan enough of this destructive love affair -lets not forget what their doing in yemen ! pakistan is multi-ethnic and diverse in terms of islam it will soon have largest shia population in the world and so can't have this talibani attitude. We need to look to the more progressive and tolerant muslims countries like turkey,malaysia,indonesia or jordan who generally have a far more positive reputations. It's islamic duty for the state to protect all it's citizens and give all religions tolerance an equality.
also you guys playing down the destruction those buddha statues just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not precious to others. I really didn't agree with some of what it said thanks for proving the article's point I wonder what you'd say if it was mosque why do muslims still complain about babri masjid just a building right ? shame on you !

you do not respect other cultures/traditions/religions yet you demand everyone resepct your culture/traditions/religion
so much wrong in that! the root of many evils!
@Syed.Ali.Haider @Nilgiri

I bet that person would be in arms braying for blood if someone said anything even remotely derogatory about the Hijr-e-Aswad.

need to limit saudi influence in pakistan enough of this destructive love affair -lets not forget what their doing in yemen ! pakistan is multi-ethnic and diverse in terms of islam it will soon have largest shia population in the world and so can't have this talibani attitude. We need to look to the more progressive and tolerant muslims countries like turkey,malaysia,indonesia or jordan who generally have a far more positive reputations. It's islamic duty for the state to protect all it's citizens and give all religions tolerance an equality.
also you guys supporting the blowing up of those buddha statues I really didn't agree with some of what it said thanks for proving the article's point I wonder what you'd say if it was mosque why do muslims still complain about babri masjid just a building right ? shame on you !

I have many Saudi friends. One thing all Saudis and Arabs in.General are good at is not associating anything or anyone with Allah. No darbars. No peers etc. Their sheikhs generally give good advice from quran and sunnah. Pakistan.lacks this. If we simply returned to quran and hadith and ignore the mullah bullcrap pakistan will automatically be against terrorism.
I do not agree with shrine bombings or hurting anyone or anyone's religious places.I do not want to see shrines in pakistan either but if one has to eradicate them then it should be done through education and enlightenment not through bombs.

isnt that exactly what the OP was afraid of?

As I said above, the issue is even more basic than what the OP says:

The problem is even more basic than that. Even before a discussion of moderate or puritanical Islam can take place, the question that needs to be answered is whether Islam is a religion that demands total control as a "complete way of life" including political control, or does it belong in the personal domain only without taking over matters of State.

What a disgusting person you are to want a genocide of some random people just because their government is stupid.

By that logic, India should be nuked too. In fact, so should the vast majority of the world.
figure of speech, regime change and dismantling the clergy would be much preferable.

Doesn't it make you angry, the ideology that drives people to commit such horrible acts of jihad like this recent Sehwan incident ? Sadly it won't be the last, and the next one could happen anywhere on earth, nobody's safe from these saudi brainwashed crazies.

A black meteorite begs to differ! :rofl:
We don't worship the black stone, but it is a great significance to Muslims. It was sent to mark the place of worship and also to serve as a cornerstone.

“Demolishing the Kaaba completely is much easier upon Allah Almighty than shedding the blood of a single Believing Muslim.” ~ Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Reactions: Max
The Pakistani founder, Jinnah, had been grateful that such deep seated politico-religious segregations didn't exist in the newly founded country. He provided an example of how Britain had gone though a complete socio- political change in order to remove the political religious aspect from society. In this way, people could move forward and focus on things more important than how another person worships.
You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed -- that has nothing to do with the business of the State. As you know, history shows that in England conditions, some time ago, were much worse than those prevailing in India today. The Roman Catholics and the Protestants persecuted each other. Even now there are some States in existence where there are discriminations made and bars imposed against a particular class. Thank God, we are not starting in those days. We are starting in the days where there is no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another. We are starting with this fundamental principle: that we are all citizens, and equal citizens, of one State. The people of England in [the] course of time had to face the realities of the situation, and had to discharge the responsibilities and burdens placed upon them by the government of their country; and they went through that fire step by step. Today, you might say with justice that Roman Catholics and Protestants do not exist; what exists now is that every man is a citizen, an equal citizen of Great Britain, and they are all members of the Nation.
source
Unfortunately, it seems like Jinnah couldn't predict Pakistan to go backwards in this fundamental social aspect.

As I said above, the issue is even more basic than what the OP says:

where are people like you in Pakistan? why are the "puritans" so much more vocal and powerful while thoughts like yours go unnoticed or worse - even punished?

here is a guy on the forum who has no problem of Taliban destroying a sacred monument, even if it wasn't sacred, its a testament of Human achievement - something akin to the pyramids - and he has no problem with it being demolished because it doesn't belong to his "belief" structure. so intolerant of it even being there!

and one word against a certain religion will invite a ban, a thorough walk through by a lot of people on the "phobia" I have about that particular religion, about how intolerant the west is about Islam, how victimized they are made to feel.

Wasn't there a hadith in which a famous prophet suggested a group of sick people to drink camel milk and camel urine? :rofl:
Yes he did, but it has nothing to do with religion. It is of great medicinal value for certain illnesses, has been used far before Islam and continues to this day. Also has never been limited to the Middle East. Don't be childish about it.

where are people like you in Pakistan? why are the "puritans" so much more vocal and powerful while thoughts like yours go unnoticed or worse - even punished?

here is a guy on the forum who has no problem of Taliban destroying a sacred monument, even if it wasn't sacred, its a testament of Human achievement - something akin to the pyramids - and he has no problem with it being demolished because it doesn't belong to his "belief" structure. so intolerant of it even being there!

and one word against a certain religion will invite a ban, a thorough walk through by a lot of people on the "phobia" I have about that particular religion, about how intolerant the west is about Islam, how victimized they are made to feel.

People like me have had to take one of four choices: conform, isolate, leave, or die. I left. Those who cannot leave either learn to shut up and hide, or be persecuted and killed. (I am not exactly popular here on PDF. :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom