What's new

In Huawei's Bid to Crack Market, U.S. Sees a Threat From China Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll worry about karma the same way I'll worry about that big purple hippopotamus in the sky.

Karma is not a bad system if you strip out all the "supernatural" elements, and just think about it in terms of causality.

But then again, you could just call it causality.

Karma is not a bad system if you strip out all the "supernatural" elements, and just think about it in terms of causality.

But then again, you could just call it causality.

Mystic causality that is impervious to logic yet appeals to our personal sense of fairness.

Not when it is in direct conflict with US concerns about national security.....or in conflict with their interests...pretty much.

Their concerns are being addressed. Complete investigation privileges are granted. If they do not use it then the the whole world will know they are BSing

Their concerns are being addressed. Complete investigation privileges are granted. If they do not use it then the the whole world will know they are BSing

And yet, that is all coming out of it....as if the world doesnt know already. On a lighter note though, i didnt realise huawei simply wanted access to the "crack market" (read title). In that case, the US should really consider. The prices are high ever since recession hit the markets.

So pretty much China wants the world to be communist. Where any IP is a public property any every one has a right to access, irrespective of the patent holders desire? It will stagnate the development of technology if anything, why would anyone bother doing anything if there is no incentive for them?

unlike you, china doesn't care about the type of government in other countries.

I wasn't talking about the type of government. Communism is not just a way of governance. You are a Chinese you should know better.

I rest my case. Thank you . All hail mighty china! "credibility- and "accountability" are sooo overrated. And other "governments"?! Who cares?!

So its pretty much like China wants you to sell its IPs to it, at the price which China thinks is right. If you don't want to sell or or want to sell it at a higher price, it will steal it and reverse engineer it. After having done that, when the Chinese companies aren't allowed access to other countries certain sectors it will also have a sulk about it. This is what I have gathered so far from this thread.

this is a non-issue in this case. if Huawei steals patented technology while in america they will be taken to court.

yeah right, just ask Google.

Huawei is arm extension of PLA, which had worst record with Intelectual property, and more over is "suspected by many as an enabler of Chinese cyber warfare. It is not about Gloablization, Lenovo bought IBM computer business, so there already is substantial investment from China.

american government uses hackers too. it is up to companies to protect their networks.

The US doesn't deny China tech on profitability basis, it deny China crucial technology (that they would readily export to other western countries) because China's development is a direct threat to its global hegemony. There's not really a nice way to say it.
You got it right there... :tup: It will go for some more time before the acceptance settles in... being patient is the key.

I wasn't talking about the type of government. Communism is not just a way of governance. You are a Chinese you should know better.

ok i get what you're trying to say now. ya china needs to step up protection of IPs. however, your view is overly simplistic. IP patents aren't necessary good for innovation. infact, more often then not they stifle innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom