What's new

In final lap, ISRO's Mars spacecraft to burn 240 kgs-fuel to slowdown, enter Martian orbit

Oh the irony, the posts of a troll stands while for us..
Thx.

I have deleted more than a dozen posts along with reported posts on this thread and have issued warnings. If you can't see cessation of trolling after intervention then my friend you seriously need to see a doc for cataract. Mods are not something ubiquitous, numerous threads simultaneously remain in progress. It's not possible for a mod to scout each and every thread, post and poster. Only thing that definitely draws the mod's attention is the report which is reported but unfortunately reporting is too tough for people like you, what you find more appropriate is to indulge in trolling with the troll. Report the post if you want a mod to act, if you can't please keep your mouth shut. Keep that sarcasm to you, it is of no use here.

I am going to clean up this entire thread, don't complain if you get a warning or threadban for your troll and off-topic posts.

Last edited:
Almost everyone spoke through his/her hat... Open for further discussions.

I have deleted more than a dozen posts along with reported posts on this thread and have issued warnings. If you can't see cessation of trolling after intervention then my friend you seriously need to see a doc for cataract. Mods are not something ubiquitous, numerous threads simultaneously remain in progress. It's not possible for a mod to scout each and every thread, post and poster. Only thing that definitely draws the mod's attention is the report which is reported but unfortunately reporting is too tough for people like you, what you find more appropriate is to indulge in trolling with the troll. Report the post if you want a mod to act, if you can't please keep your mouth shut. Keep that sarcasm to you, it is of no use here.

I am going to clean up this entire thread, don't complain if you get a warning or threadban for your troll and off-topic posts.

Thanks for the cleanup. But u will find no reason to issue me warnings or thread ban me.

Thanks for the cleanup. But u will find no reason to issue me warnings or thread ban me.

I'll find one somewhere else, I have full faith in you... JK

Please have your say on topic on hand.

Mm, I wonder what they'll use the rest of the 50kg for.

It is travelling at a speed of 1.2 million kilometers per day. .......wow!

Mm, I wonder what they'll use the rest of the 50kg for.

well the trickiest part is getting captured by Mars Orbit.

If it fails that, there will be a mini troll fest on the Indian space threads.

In final lap, ISRO's Mars spacecraft to burn 240 kgs-fuel to slowdown, enter Martian orbit
Avinash Nair | Ahmedabad | Published: Aug 02 2014, 18:41 IST

M_Id_477856_Mars_mission.jpg

In it's final lap, India's Mars Orbiter spacecraft will burn a bulk of the 290 kilograms of fuel left in its fuel-tanks, when it slows down and performs a crucial manoeuvre to enter the Martian orbit next month, ISRO officials said here today. Once placed in the orbit, the spacecraft is scheduled to scan and study the atmosphere of red-planet for a period of six months.

"It is currently about 163 million kilometers away from Mars. It is travelling at a speed of 1.2 million kilometers per day. It is on schedule and on target. Originally we were planning to have a corrective manoeuvre on August 19. But in the current situation, we don't think it is necessary. So the next (trajectory) correction is scheduled for September 14 and on September 24, the orbiter is supposed to reach Mars and perform the manoeuvre to orbit the red planet," said A S Kiran Kumar, director Space Applications Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) while explaining the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) spacecraft will undergo a final trajectory correction on September 14, before it goes ahead and performs this crucial manoeuvre ten days later to enter the Martian orbit.

"We have 290 kilograms of fuel left, and we will require about 240 kilograms for the manoeuvre to enter the Mars orbit. The process will involve reducing the velocity of the spacecraft and allowing it to get captured by Mars' (gravity)," Kiran Kumar told The Indian Express at the sidelines of a conference on "Intellectual Property Rights in Electronics, IT and ICT organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Government of Gujarat here on Saturday.

The veteran scientist who is a crucial part of the MOM said the orbiter will be slowed down by reducing its velocity by one kilometer per second roughly from it's current velocity.

"The liquid apogee motors that were used to push the spacecraft out of the earth's orbit, will be reoriented and fired, thus slowing down the spacecraft. It is a one time opportunity and has to be done precisely," Kiran Kumar said about the 440 Newton apogee motor on board the MOM spacecraft that will have to be restarted after 300 days since it was last fired during the Trans-Mars Injection phase.

ISRO officials point out that there is "no scope of error" during this nail-biting manoeuvre that will help tag India as the first Asian country to successfully reach Mars in
it's maiden attempt.

"There is no scope for error," he said adding that all the commands will be fed in to the spacecraft three days in advance (before the manoeuvre on September 24) and the manoeuvre is expected to happen using the autonomous features of the spacecraft at 7:30 am on September 24. "In the previous activities, all the mechanisms and functionalities have got tested for this crucial manoeuvre," he added.

The MOM spacecraft that was launched on November 5, 2013, initially carried over 850 kilograms of fuel.

In final lap, ISRO's Mars spacecraft to burn 240 kgs-fuel to slowdown, enter Martian orbit - Financial Express

If somebody has follow the news closely, Last month one Planned trajectory correction was not required and another trajectory correction was done for just 3 second. Now scientist says that one more correction will not be required in August. A great savings in fuel. Had we had GSLV MK 2 operational, we would have much more fuel left in our aircraft. It is a great job by ISRO scientist. I am awaiting for 24th September 2014. Best of Luck ISRO.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom