Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran refuses to hold Taliban talks on his own
APP and DAWN.COM
Published 2014-01-17 20:44:08
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Friday expressed his reluctance to hold peace talks with Taliban saying he lacks authority to do so.

Speaking at a press conference, Khan said he cannot hold talks with Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) as neither his party is in power at the centre nor he has any authority over the services.

“What powers we have because of which we are being asked to hold talks?” he asked referring to the government’s proposal that Imran Khan and other leaders should hold talks with Taliban.

He said the All Parties Conference (APC) held on September 9 gave mandate to the government to hold talks with the militants. The US drone attack (that killed former TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud) sabotaged these talks, he remarked.

The PTI chief said the United States got isolated due to resolution of the United Nations General Assembly against the drone attacks.

He asked the government to hold another APC to tell political leaders what efforts had been made for negotiations with Taliban in the previous weeks.

The PTI chief said Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak wanted to meet with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to discuss issues of the province which was the most affected due to terrorist attacks.

Blaming the government for the resignation of former Nadra chief Tariq Malik, he said Malik was removed by the government’s undue pressure, preventing him to make poll rigging public.

He alleged that the former Nadra chief was removed in the wake of the issue of thumb impressions’ verification being raised by the PTI.

The cricketer-turned-politician urged the Supreme Court to reveal ‘actual reasons’ behind Tariq Malik’s resignation.

The PTI chief threatened to take to the streets if his party’s reservations were not addressed by the government.

Same old story.

- PTI cried that line losses were due to PESCO (under centre thus PMLN's fault) and openly dared the govt to give the control to PTI which will run it better. Once the govt agreed to the proposal and agreed to transfer PESCO under provincial control PTI backtracked making the most ludicrous claims that PTI didn't only want distribution (i.e. PESCO) but generation also knowing full well that Govt won't be able to transfer that at this time.

- PTI cried that PMLN was deliberately delaying the dialogue with TTP, IK made great suggestions like opening a TTP office in KPK. The great sage (IK) reasoned that once an office for TTP is established Pakistani authorities could easily check after every bomb blast if TTP was behind it or someone else - I kid you not that was his statement. Now that PMLN govt has agreed to allow other political parties to come in and play their role another U-Turn is taken by PTI.

- If PTI accepts it and does go for a dialogue, it will easily be able to point any reluctance from govt's side - whats stopping PTI from playing a positive role when it was championing the dialogue cause? PTI has nothing to lose, it can make public any attempt by PMLN (or army) to sabotage the process - playing politics at this critical junction speaks volumes about the short sightedness of PTI.

He cant.

He is not in federal govt, does not control foreign policy, borders or army.

What is so stupid about it?

Its PMLN actually which has the stated determination to talk. They got the mandate too. They are not creating map for talks, which only means this 'talks' thing is just a lie. So why dont you guys go after PMLN? It can conduct military operation or it can talk. Its doing neither but strangely no criticism there.

what the **** is wrong with this country, a man readily explains the correct reason that he cant do something he get grilled, if the country or the central government so desperately wants IK to conduct the negotiations then it must pass a bill in the parliament authorizing him to do so or just STFU and sit on their behinds like they have

Retards, everywhere on this thread. What authority IK has to hold peace talks on his own, anyone care of explain for once? He has no authority to do any sort of agreement or settlement with them because he don't posses any power in govt then how can he proceed with dialogue with TTP on his own? This idea is the stupidest thing I've heard since this new govt took over..

Retards, everywhere on this thread. What authority IK has to hold peace talks on his own, anyone care of explain for once? He has no authority to do any sort of agreement or settlement with them because he don't posses any power in govt then how can he proceed with dialogue with TTP on his own? This idea is the stupidest thing I've heard since this new govt took over..

He will head the dialogue with blessing of federation, any agreement he reaches with TTP can be made public and thus PMLN can be blamed if it doesn't accept it. Stop it with these lame excuses please.

dude the govt itself has said that he should negotiate with the govt, now what does tht imply? it means he will represent the federal on the negotiations

Well, that's right that PML-N haven't done anything till now, but It would have been better if IK had asked for full authority and mandate and had accepted this difficult task to prove that he is sincere & committed and can lead the nation out of crises, but he escaped the challenge which shows that his aim is just premiership like other heads of political parties.

He will head the dialogue with blessing of federation, any agreement he reaches with TTP can be made public and thus PMLN can be blamed if it doesn't accept it. Stop it with these lame excuses please.

He should never do that. This can be a move by PMLN but he must not take the bait.

This way, talks are going to fail 100% as PMLN will apparently back the move but will back out or just not give the right support needed from federal govt.

PMLN will also be in a position to say we did try but talks did not succeed, but Imran and PTI will lose credibility. The dollar funded media and 'liberal' will have their field day against PTI.

Before you all Imranites, Nawazites, Munawwarites, and yeah them Altafites get your panties in a bunch

Please list what you are willing to give to TTP.

And if you have any forking idea as to what TTP f-heads want from this nation of ours

Then only then, we should and could and would be able to talk sensibly instead of this $hit shoveling.

I am sick and tired about this talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk $hit.

Thank you

Oh yeah. Pardon my french too,.

Before you all Imranites, Nawazites, Munawwarites, and yeah them Altafites get your panties in a bunch

Please list what you are willing to give to TTP.

And if you have any forking idea as to what TTP f-heads want from this nation of ours

Then only then, we should and could and would be able to talk sensibly instead of this $hit shoveling.

I am sick and tired about this talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk, talk-don't-talk $hit.

Thank you

Oh yeah. Pardon my french too,.

FATA was already out of folds of mainstream and had their own system - it wouldn't matter much if TTP is allowed the system of their choice in FATA, it can't be much worse then the current system.

Back
Top Bottom