What's new

Imran Khan’s vision for peace

I understand that the foot soldiers are usually people who want revenge for whatever grievances they may have with Pakistan but again isn't the 40000 deaths at the hands of these foot soldiers enough for society to realize that there is no longer room for negotiations.

NWA didn't kill 40,000 Pakistanis.

In my opinion he does not sound practical, a dangeroud sign if he is going to lead pakistan. how many peace deals pakistan signed with taliban in Swat? Its just silly to disregard that the taliban come from the tribes and are supported by the tribes and they have a calling that transcends the boundaries of pakistan.

A leaders job is not just to take the easiest sounding decision. The easiest decision would be to surrender to Taliban and the violence and war will stop completely. But is that the right decision?

In my opinion he does not sound practical, a dangeroud sign if he is going to lead pakistan. how many peace deals pakistan signed with taliban in Swat? Its just silly to disregard that the taliban come from the tribes and are supported by the tribes and they have a calling that transcends the boundaries of pakistan.

A leaders job is not just to take the easiest sounding decision. The easiest decision would be to surrender to Taliban and the violence and war will stop completely. But is that the right decision?

The problem with the Swat deal was you were signing over governance to them. Becuase you were afraid to do an op there.

We have already done an op where TTP used to be and beaten the crap out of them and their tribal supporters.

Now the option given to them is, lets not fight any further, we won't come to kill you, but you have to stop fighting too. If they agree, which they should, its a good offer, then that'll be an end to 40% of all terrorism problems.

The rest would still have to be dealt with.

Imran Khan has said hes conditionally open to operations and conditionally open to negotiations.

Obama doesn't target militants... His own aides said hes asked to target all military age males who are travelling together, doing jumping jacks together, going for a jog, are holding a stick looking like a gun... They can all be shot at with missiles.
Source, please.

I don't wish to go off topic but we discussed this to death when the Obama aides leaked all his shenanigans out.
In the Washington Post article I believe was the original source it said Obama personally approved all drone strikes. I think only when the story hit Pakistan was the "all males over 14" added.

In the Washington Post article I believe was the original source it said Obama personally approved all drone strikes. I think only when the story hit Pakistan was the "all males over 14" added.

Wth man...

I didn't say "all males over 14".

Sometimes you hit more sixes than Chris Gayle (cricketing reference).

Its been discussed to death. I said all military age males. Its been done, dig out the old threads if you wish to discuss this or just go read up on this a little more before you think you can even begin to argue this.

Don't forget Baitullah Mehsud. But maybe there were kids near from him....

Nobody asked America to do that... So its also a wrongful killing. In Pakistan state can only execute a Pakistani after giving that Pakistani a fair trial.

Without a fair trial sentencing them to death they are all wrongful killings.

Its been discussed to death. I said all military age males. Its been done, dig out the old threads if you wish to discuss this or just go read up on this a little more before you think you can even begin to argue this.
You are mostly correct. Source was NYT: link. Note that it counted all military age males "within a strike zone" not all males, period. As this article and a second one detail, since the first days of the Obama Administration target definition has tightened up and the yield of the munitions used has declined, leading to fewer civilian casualties.

Nobody asked America to do that... So its also a wrongful killing. In Pakistan state can only execute a Pakistani after giving that Pakistani a fair trial.

Without a fair trial sentencing them to death they are all wrongful killings.

But Pakistan Army can stop this drones strikes if they wanted. I think a F-16 can shoot a drone.

IK is doing his Pakhtoon qaum a great injustice by not denouncing taliban and letting pakhtoon people live directly under the wrath of the wretched taliban.

I realize this isn't about any one group but a matter of entire nation but something has to be said. This girl Malala isn't punjabi or sindhi or baloch, she is pathan. She was attacked for seeking education as a female by a violent terrorist outfit known as TTP who are mostly Pathans.

She was attacked in a Pakhtoon part of the country. Not in Punjab or Sindh where boys and girls are actively seeking education. It's no secret that Pakhtoon are way behind the rest of the country in education and every other social area.

Knowing all that Imran Khan is bent on talking to these wretched beings and further pushing the Pakhtoon people into a dark abyss of illiteracy. What is plan for them? polio infected or ak-47 bearing lot?

IK is doing his Pakhtoon qaum a great injustice by not denouncing taliban and letting pakhtoon people live directly under the wrath of the wretched taliban.

I realize this isn't about any one group but a matter of entire nation but something has to be said. This girl Malala isn't punjabi or sindhi or baloch, she is pathan. She was attacked for seeking education as a female by a violent terrorist outfit known as TTP who are mostly Pathans.

She was attacked in a Pakhtoon part of the country. Not in Punjab or Sindh where boys and girls are actively seeking education. It's no secret that Pakhtoon are way behind the rest of the country in education and every other social area.

Knowing all that Imran Khan is bent on talking to these wretched beings and further pushing the Pakhtoon people into a dark abyss of illiteracy. What is plan for them? polio infected or ak-47 bearing lot?

Imran Khan has a University for girls and boys (co-education) which is meeting UK standard in that region. Any universities by MQM PML PPP ANP , who are in power????? for north west of Pakistan

To every one in the west this is Imran khan :coffee:
NAMAL | Namal College, Pakistan – an associate college of University of Bradford, UK

So who do you think can bring peace in Pakistan? Zardari, Altaf, or Nawaz Sharif??

I think yes Altaf hussain could be a good choice for pakistan but he is not anti Indian so he will not be considered a choice n pakistan...

Back
Top Bottom