What's new

IMI's RED SKY 2 Anti Drone System

DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Successful Demonstration of IMI's “Red Sky” System

"Red Sky" is a short-range air defense system that utilizes shoulder-launched missiles to intercept aerial targets automatically, using autonomic capabilities of scanning, tracking and dispatching

IsraelDefense | 17/02/2017

Send to a friend
A+A-Size
Share on
Share on

%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9D%20%D7%90%D7%93%D7%95%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9D%203.JPG

2333248-18.jpg

2333253-18.jpg

2333252-18.jpg

The Red Sky System (Photo: IMI Systems)

IMI Systems recently demonstrated the next generation of the integrated system for intercepting aerial threats and targets as well as neutralizing drones.

The “Red Sky” presentation successfully showcased to a gathering of senior officials from 14 countries, including military attaches and technology consultants, several scenarios of drones’ attacks alongside the detection, identification, automatic tracking, and neutralization.

"Red Sky" is a short-range air defense system that utilizes existing customers’ shoulder-launched missiles and is designed to intercept aerial targets automatically, using autonomic capabilities of scanning, tracking and dispatching.

Recently, the system's capabilities expanded to better cope with drones’ growing threat and protecting strategic sites, borders, and assets in urban environments.

The “Red Sky” system provides a comprehensive solution against drones’ threats, including detecting and identifying hostiles, automatic tracking as well as disrupting and neutralizing their abilities before carrying out their missions.

The system can be integrated into the defense array of sensitive facilities, including in urban areas, and can also be mounted on a vehicle and protect maneuvering forces against aircraft and drones.

Throughout last months, the system has undergone a series of tests and demonstrations conducted by one of the most advanced armies in the western world during the day, night and adverse weather conditions in many scenarios of drones attack.

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/28586

@Penguin @500 @Natan @Archdemon @GBU-28 @F-15I @mike2000 is back @Blue Marlin @Mountain Jew@Beny Karachun @Adir-M @Ilay @theman111

Israelis really mastering their multi layer defensive tech
Future layer defense in my opinion :

Arrow 3 - operational
Arrow 2 - operational
David Sling - operational
Iron Dome - operational
Barak 8 - operational
C Dome - operational?
Barak 1 - operational
Laser system (Iron Beam) - testing
Anti Drone system (Drone Guard/Red Sky 2) - testing

Also
Man Portable Air Defense Systems (MANPADS) are commonly used to protect mobile, deployed forces, or defend point targets and strategic sites. Although technically capable to intercept combat aircraft and helicopters, human factors critical limit the use of MANPADS to very short range. At Aero-India 2011 Israel Military Industries (IMI) is introducing the new and improved Red-Sky 2, which converts existing or new MANPADS into an integrated air defense system, centrally controlled and enhanced with passive (FLIR) and active (radar) sensors, and semi-automatic engagement features maximizing the probability of intercept with available assets. Red Sky 2 can be adapted to operate with all types of IR guided missiles – Igla type systems, Mistral or Stinger.

http://defense-update.com/20110211_red-sky-2.html

This is really interesting... I'm sure there's a lot Pakistani tech industry can learn & adapt from these systems. We have a budding startup culture here, but none is focused on weapons. That's a HUGEEE market... If I were at PAC, I would advise them to collaborate with universities and add defense tech subjects in select university curriculum. After that, I would help them setup a defense tech incubator. Within years we'll have a multi million $ revenue machine... Enough day dreaming :p

Back
Top Bottom