What's new

IMF warns of looming CPEC bill

CPEC, itself will generate generate excellent revenue streams for Pakistani State through transit fees. Billions of dollars worth.

Nest question will be, how come it will affect the Pakistan Industry, (to which you are eluding to)?
-- Power generation will have a very positive effect.
-- Infrastructure situation is already not bad in Pakistan: A container customs cleared from Karachi takes about 3 to 4 days to reach Islamabad in North, CPEC will not significantly improve that: There are already a number of Industrial Parks in Pakistan; When Nawaz Government started building motorways, there was lots of talk of industrial cities, textile cities etc. No significant thing happened. Because of two things;
-- Law and Order
-- Inept and corrupt leadership, toeing different line and agendas.
We all know that a country has to be stable, peaceful in order to progress and prosperous. 100% of our problems are due to our leaders, both civilians and military.

InshaAllah a great change in leadership will occur too. Before the present leadership Turkey's condition was at the worst. Few examples:
  • A terrible earthquake occurred. Israeli army reached at the site before the Turkish army for rescue ops.
  • President tossed the constitution booklet toward the PM at a top level official meeting. Such was the dis-harmony.
  • Worst financial meltdown occurred. Turkish folks became 60% poorer overnight due to devaluation. 40b $ was mugged at the braod daylight by the secular tutelage (civil + military + business folks - all proxies to the known capitals).
  • IMF sent the colonial finance minister who was answerable to none including PM. IMF conditions were so harsh that it amounted to capitulation. According to a top bureaucrat after one such working lunch meeting - I don't know whether the lunch has eaten me or I have eaten lunch.

InshaAllah a great change in leadership will occur too. Before the present leadership Turkey's condition was at the worst. Few examples:
  • A terrible earthquake occurred. Israeli army reached at the site before the Turkish army for rescue ops.
  • President tossed the constitution booklet toward the PM at a top level official meeting. Such was the dis-harmony.
  • Worst financial meltdown occurred. Turkish folks became 60% poorer overnight due to devaluation. 40b $ was mugged at the braod daylight by the secular tutelage (civil + military + business folks - all proxies to the known capitals).
  • IMF sent the colonial finance minister who was answerable to none including PM. IMF conditions were so harsh that it amounted to capitulation. According to a top bureaucrat after one such working lunch meeting - I don't know whether the lunch has eaten me or I have eaten lunch.

Pakistani economic base is very strong and deep, that is, its huge population, Agri-base, natural resources (coal, copper, iron ore, largest shale gas reserves in region etc.), free holding properties, unique geographical location, culture, history going back to first man on planet Earth, Hazrat Adam A.S... etc.
What it lacks is leadership. Both Civil and Military leader have been tried, shortfalls are apparent and significant.
And reason for lack of leadership is due slow progress in last 25-30 years, which resulted in dis-satisfied populace: And this dissatisfied populace was prone to manipulation by politicians who split them in various groups at odd with each other, further hampering progress, example is KalaBagh Dam.
If we could had been able to built 3 Dams (Kala-bagh, Diamer Basha, Bunji) and utilized the full potential of Thar Coal reserves, and Reko-dig/Sain-dek, let say 3 years ago, GDP of Pakistan now would have been double from current figure.

I want to inquire that what was the turning point in Turkey's history and how that was achieved?

there is no intention to allow India to use pakistan as transit for trade

As usual stories to put people in doubt. The reality is that Pakistan will remain geographically where it is now as well as China and China or Pakistan will not put them selves in trouble of any sort which will effect CPEC. The propaganda against Pakistan is on the Highest and the global powers will try to target China. So carry on PMLN. Keep building Pakistan and the fruit will be ready in next 3-5 years.
Disclosures from IMF or a similar organization are highly professional and should not be taken with a grain of salt. Anybody - who has an iota of understanding of economics - will take disclosures from IMF seriously, for personal knowledge at the least.

CPEC will be fruitful under the right conditions and decisions. No rocket science in this.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of transparency in dealings of PML(N) government with China vis-a-vis CPEC. People have the right to know what terms and conditions are involved. People have concerns, that should be addressed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom