What's new

IMF agrees to extend the stalled bailout programme by up to one year and increase the loan size to $8 billion

One achievement by Imran is that he had dethroned the army in dominance hierarchy among its core support group in the population. I see that in PDF. Imran's words are clearly taken over ISPR statements :pop:

What these Estab. people wanted to achieve resulted in exactly opposite to it, the Imran Khan factor. Gross and grave miscalculation due to egocentric hindsight.

Estab. and Fauj has lost the prestige and pride(undue) amongst the people of Pakistan which was kind of propelled by too much 'Patriotic' vibes associated with Pak Fauj.

Actually it is more about loosing the unbridled and 'no questioned asked' power which the Army had the privilege, the undue advantage earlier.

So this is good in the longer run. Power is and should be with the 220 million people. Elite capture be it by military or by any group must end.

It started to look like our neighbor here...

One achievement by Imran is that he had dethroned the army in dominance hierarchy among its core support group in the population. I see that in PDF. Imran's words are clearly taken over ISPR statements :pop:
But is that a good thing though?

His words & his supporters' words are aimed solely at getting him back into power somehow. That means that he wants army to re-install him. How is that a good thing? If anything, it means that he & his supporters have learned absolutely nothing from the whole fiasco. They are ignoring the actual issue willfully. Such hypocrisy does not lead to any positive.

Also, do understand that PDF does not reflect the diversity of opinions in the general population.

But is that a good thing though?

His words & his supporters' words are aimed solely at getting him back into power somehow. That means that he wants army to re-install him. How is that a good thing?
You wanted democracy. This is how it works in South Asia. Even Trump's Republican party is similar in US. :D

It would be interesting to see how this develops after Imran's retirement

When all the economic indicators was turning positive after initial two years of bad economic conditions on account of huge loan repayment, and the 20 billion USD CAD which was reduced to 1-2 billion USD by the PTI govt. the PTI government was thrown out by the conspirators and local abettors...such a shameless and disgraceful act by them.

They didn't care about the country and people, but acts as Mafia cartels. Now they are back to loot and plunder the country and leave the mess for the new govt. Alas!! Can't believe what has happened.

Speaking to reporters in Lahore, Chaudhry said the PTI-led government freed Pakistan of loans worth $32 billion in the last three years, and had it not been for Prime Minister Imran Khan, the country "would have defaulted".

He told the reporters that today, even after paying off huge amounts in loans, Pakistan’s economic situation is still stable and growing.

Lmao at all the Immy sycophants railing against this bailout. Every government in our modern history has taken IMF bailouts, they all had no choice, including this one and including the last one.

It would be interesting to see how this develops after Imran's retirement

It won’t be his son, nephew, grandson taking over the party. Part of the reason many including myself support him and PTI.

The rest are like Bhutto/Sharif Jr… Jr Jr… Jr Jr Jr… sickening.

Lmao at all the Immy sycophants railing against this bailout. Every government in our modern history has taken IMF bailouts, they all had no choice, including this one and including the last one.
Nope. Just letting the anti bunch have a taste of your own medicine. Of course, it’s all necessary, just that Bughze Imran didn’t allow a bunch of people here to see that a couple of months ago.

Funny how it’s all clear to them now but 2-3 months ago It Ali’s tan was being sold to IMF.

One achievement by Imran is that he has dethroned the army in dominance hierarchy among its core support group in the population. I see that in PDF. Imran's words are clearly taken over ISPR statements :pop:

That is the power truth for you

Mian Saanp did drama of "civilian supremacy" to save his corruption while sitting in London but simply failed to generate similar kind of support simply because of this lack of truth in his narrative

It won’t be his son, nephew, grandson taking over the party. Part of the reason many including myself support him and PTI.

The rest are like Bhutto/Sharif Jr… Jr Jr… Jr Jr Jr… sickening.
But who will you support after Imran? This party will likely fizzle without a populist face that is popular. :undecided:

But who will you support after Imran? This party will likely fizzle without a populist face that is popular. :undecided:
No. I support it because there is genuine upward mobility and chance for current second/third tier leaders to rise and lead the party.

There are many MNAs and even ministers in PTI who just 5 years ago were student or community leaders.

Something that won’t ever happen in the other private inc. that masquerade as political parties.

have to disagree.
It depends on the election cycle.
Since we have elections here not selections.
Deflection means I hit a nerve I guess.

I had this question before, what was debt to GDP before GDP was rebased? Since then, I've noticed that even the new finance minister made the same connection in a Twitter thread that was posted here.

As for debt servicing, you had mentioned that 90% of loans were used for this in an earlier thread. That erodes the sheen of this achievement.

My intention is not to be a mere contrarian. I only raise the simple question to connect the perceived increase in Pakistani economic output with macro economic reform from PTI. Thus far, only real answer has been the monetary move to deregulate currency. This seems to be an IMF requirement that the current administration is likely to continue. So in that sphere at least, the current administration can be assumed to be as effective as the last one.
What exactly do you mean by macro economic reform, if I may be so bold to ask? I’ve heard a lot of people say Marco economic reform and not know what it actually means.

Last edited:
That is the power truth for you

Mian Saanp did drama of "civilian supremacy" to save his corruption while sitting in London but simply failed to generate similar kind of support simply because of this lack of truth in his narrative
Pakistan's politics will become more interesting when Nawaz returns home. You will be terribly annoyed if he pulls off a win using PDM :D

When all the economic indicators was turning positive after initial two years of bad economic conditions on account of huge loan repayment, and the 20 billion USD CAD which was reduced to 1-2 billion USD by the PTI govt. the PTI government was thrown out by the conspirators and local abettors...such a shameless and disgraceful act by them.

They didn't care about the country and people, but acts as Mafia cartels. Now they are back to loot and plunder the country and leave the mess for the new govt. Alas!! Can't believe what has happened.

Speaking to reporters in Lahore, Chaudhry said the PTI-led government freed Pakistan of loans worth $32 billion in the last three years, and had it not been for Prime Minister Imran Khan, the country "would have defaulted".

He told the reporters that today, even after paying off huge amounts in loans, Pakistan’s economic situation is still stable and growing.

Freed pakistan from 32 billion loans by borrowing 45 billion in three and half years...... Oil was 30 dollars a barrel in corona crisis . The reality is we are not where we were even in 2017.

Let the economics get straight (GOP and world bank figures)

Economic situation 2018 (Approx)
GDP : 315 billion dollars
Loans Domestic and Foriegn : 75 billion dollars
Rupee to dollar : 116
Growth rate : 5.7 %

The PTI comes to power first two years
Economic situation 2020
GDP : 263 billion ( shrinkage of Approx 20% )
Loans Domestic and Foriegn : 97 billion dollars
Rupee to dollar : 165
Growth rate : 0.5 % with lowest oil prices in history during corona crisis.

After 3.5 years in power
Economic situation March 2022
GDP : 275 billion
Loans Domestic and Foriegn : 120 billion dollars
Rupee to dollar : 185
Growth rate : 4 %

So much for the claims of growth and debt repayments made by PTI and its followers.... Figures dont lie :-):-)...

What exactly do you mean by macro economic reform, if I may be so bold to ask? I’ve heard a lot of people say Marco economic reform and not know what it actually means.
Macro = Big
Macro Economics = Economics measured by national indices like GDP, unemployment, inflation etc. There is a lot more to it, but I'm not going to write an essay.
Macro Economic reforms are reforms that have an impact on these macro economic indices. In NA, the signing of NAFTA can be a macro economic reform. For India - abolishment of license raj, disinvestment and tax law changes that allows for FDI etc. are in the category.

For Pakistan, you'll have to state policy changes on that scale which have impacted the national economic indices. Many here have advertised GDP numbers as proof for Imran's 'policies' without stating actual policy. Only policy that has been touted repeatedly is the near market exchange rate of PKR. There could be plenty of alternate explanations for the bump in GDP (like rebasing) and growth (like pandemic rebound). They are not taken into account. My only knowledge of Pakistani economy is what is posted here. I've not seen much of real policy (from Imran) that has impacted the macro economy of Pakistan.

PS: These are not questions that PTI supporters are expected to answer random people on the internet like me. But it would be good if these questions are raised for them to know that they are relevant.

There is ALWAYS a choice. It is just that following that choice of not going to the IMF requires bigger cojones than are available in all of Pakistan.

There is ALWAYS a choice. It is just that following that choice of not going to the IMF requires bigger cojones than are available in all of Pakistan.

They never dropped after birth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom