What's new

I’m An Indian Muslim And Here’s Why I’m Scared Of Living In India

The Muslims of India chose to stay in India and didn't believe in Pakistan. So why on earth would they lose your trust. As for cheering Pakistan, every Indian Muslim I have met has been a fanatical follower of the Indian cricket team.
Oh and riots are a two way street.

It's true, when I was a kid I wondered why there were crackers bursting in a particular Muslim area in Mumbai..someone would say that because Pakistan won a match against India. .and those were the days when India and Pakistan played a lot against each other in dubai and dawood used to sit in the stalls.

The affinity many over the top Muslims (razakars, deobandi) and the latest (salafi, wahaabi) lay more with the middle east rather than India...and that behaviour is not unusual, as you might from experiences in Britain or even the Al bakistanis back home. Many of the over the edge Indian Muslims are more Arab than the Arabs themselves. While there is a vast majority of them that are sane and love the land.

If you ever visit India, do ping me. When I am not banned of course.
Apki mehmaan nawazi dekhtey hoye is janam mein to sambhav nahi :D

1. You have come across a very small affluent section abroad.
2. Dislike for India does not have to translate into love for Pakistan. :)
Indian Muslims try to act more catholic than the pope but end up like Zakir Naik in the end :D

Loving religion does not promotes hatred towards the country they live in.There are millions of muslims living around the world and contributing in Computers, Engineering, Arts, Biotechnology, Farming, as doctors or pharmacists,in defense related field etc.One of your ex-president was a muslim who contributed well and helped India to become nuclear technology if I remember well or else you can correct me.If he kept his religion first then why on earth he would have contributed a hindu majority country knowing that India has hostile past with Pakistan and may support any non-muslim country against any muslim country?
There are so many muslim doctors and scientists are working to make India shine.There are so many muslims staying there and tolerating all BS b/c they love India since they are born here.I am very disappointed.I have colleague who is hindu and I make sure not to eat beef as well as not to let know that I am eating beef.Other muslim colleagues also help people around.I remember that few years back when I was completing my masters, one of the hindu students shifted her topic of interest.She was junior to me so I used to help her to understand some fundamental concepts of health sciences.During my teaching career, I made a strict rule where muslims, non muslim students were not allowed to throw remarks at each other.I felt so good when Hindu or christian students used to look at me for help.I favor morally minorities today b/c I know if I don't help them today where they will go? Where my hindu friends recognized as minority will go if we disown them and will not give them moral support? They will never go to India b/c they are Pakistanis and same goes with Indian muslims.
One more thing, muslims are instructed as per religion to "migrate" if government is not just with them rather than blowing themselves up or planning any 9/11.God has created the world and he is knows with what humans are going through.Support your minorities and help them even as if you are facing your fellow hindu.Do justice.
regards

It is not my case to disagree with you in entirety. From your perspective, you do have valid points and I can concede to most of them.

I am non-religious, so my opinion on the subject is not based on preference or dislike for one religion over the other. My personal view is that the sooner we loose the albatross of religion, the better off we will be.

Having said that, not all such cults that call themselves religion are the same. Some are relatively benign and the only major harm they do is to obstruct the process of critical thinking among humans. Then there are the ones that are violent and barbaric by nature, and by nature I am referring to the fruits of their existence.

AFAIK, discussing religion is not allowed on PDF, which is a good thing. So I don't want to make it into a this vs that issue. All I ask is that you use the same level of critical thinking that you would reserve for serious subjects and answer a simple question - if all organized religions, which is the one that asks for the most extraordinary concessions of those who do not follow that particular religion? And having answered that question, ask a further question - is it rational to expect people to feel comfortable around such a religion when they know that the appeal for minority rights will only last until the minority becomes a majority?

Again, you can either answer it in terms of politically correct generalizations, anecdotal references or emotion. But that wouldn't be a correct way to go about it, as you are well aware. The correct way would be to stop denying what we see all around us, stop blaming others and attribute responsibility for actions.

Indian Muslims are safer and having freedom more than any country on earth.At least you are not killed here because you are shia .Ahemedis considered as Muslims.Kadians considered as Muslims.Women have more rights as per constitution. You get scholarship and loan preference because you are Muslim. Even Hindus displaced in many part of India and staying as refugee but not a single Indian Muslim refugee any where world.1 crore Bangladeshi muslim,Afghan Muslims,Syrian Muslims all leaving happily here.Some comie medias will shout because they are not getting anything against the govt hence some pity things which are nothing but highlighted big.Vande matarm..

They come from a diverse range when it comes to social class, aside the poor obviously. I haven't met anyone who dislikes India and Pakistan at the same time. What are they, a limited run? :-)
Kashmiris (some of them).

I actually happen to be really good friends with a few of them. Affluent, well connected, well traveled, well to do highly educated etc ones but kind of anti both India and Pakistan. Can't put a number of what percentage of Kashmiris feel that way but they tell me there's a lot of them and that there should be a plebiscite with the 3rd option and that it'd be a landslide.. who knows though.

Indian Muslims online act like hating Pakistan is like the ultimate desh bakhti seriously even their leaders justify their desh bakhti by doing anti Pakistan propaganda

Indian Muslims are safer and having freedom more than any country on earth.At least you are not killed here because you are shia .

Yup, killed and gangraped over beef. Labelled as terrorists and thrown in jail or killed in fake encounters.

Widespread discrimination.

Living in ghettos.

Mass riots were thousands are made homeless,killed,looted and women raped.

Ahemedis considered as Muslims.Kadians considered as Muslims.Women have more rights as per constitution.
What rights are those? Lol

Offering money to kidnap Muslim women,marry them and convert em?

You get scholarship and loan preference because you are Muslim.

And yet the poorest community.

Literally no representation in any field.

Even Hindus displaced in many part of India and staying as refugee but not a single Indian Muslim refugee any where world.
Go to Muzzafarnagar, thousands are staying in tents after riots.
1 crore Bangladeshi muslim,Afghan Muslims,Syrian Muslims all leaving happily here
10,000 afghans.
Indian bangali Muslims labelled as Bangladeshis.
Syrians lol.. how many ? 200,500?

Indian Muslims online act like hating Pakistan is like the ultimate desh bakhti seriously even their leaders justify their desh bakhti by doing anti Pakistan propaganda
Believe it or not, but a lot of them really are anti Pakistan when it comes to security issues, border skirmishes, as well as on on lesser important stuff like sports competitions etc.

PDF is not exactly a good dipstick to measure Indian society. This is a very big and very diverse country and there's all sorts of all sorts, in their tens of millions. A military stuff oriented forum like this also attracts (for obvious reasons) the more jingoistic lot, and as with most places, in India too that means the right of centre/belonging to the majority demographic group from those countries.

There are quite a few Indian muslims (legit ones, not fakers like "Adil Minhas" and other trolls) here on the forum, we got Christians, Buddhists, Surds, all sorts representing us here.

Not the case with Pakistanis though, practically no Pak Hindus/Christians etc here, we do have the odd ahmadiyya, but the Pakistani members, even "moderate" ones, in my observation at least, gang up on them and declare them non muslims when a related thread/topic comes up.

Not the case with Pakistanis though, practically no Pak Hindus/Christians etc here, we do have the odd ahmadiyya, but the Pakistani members, even "moderate" ones, in my observation at least, gang up on them and declare them non muslims when a related thread/topic comes up.
Well i have real life Christian friends but they are not part of pdf :D
@Sher Shah Awan
Arey mein ney kab terey opar gang up kiya :-( ?

There are quite a few Indian muslims (legit ones, not fakers like "Adil Minhas" and other trolls) here on the forum, we got Christians, Buddhists, Surds, all sorts representing us here.
Just go to facebook and Indian media and see the language Muslims use for Pakistan hatred for no reason at all
Believe it or not, but a lot of them really are anti Pakistan when it comes to security issues, border skirmishes, as well as on on lesser important stuff like sports competitions etc.
Its not just security issues but just blind hatred for no reason at all maybe they are trying to prove something

PDF is not exactly a good dipstick to measure Indian society. This is a very big and very diverse country and there's all sorts of all sorts, in their tens of millions. A military stuff oriented forum like this also attracts (for obvious reasons) the more jingoistic lot, and as with most places, in India too that means the right of centre/belonging to the majority demographic group from those countries.

Non Muslims makeup roughly 3-5% of our population and live mainly in rural areas while pdf has mostly the urban crowd and osp,s you wont find them here but despite a lot of legit issues they still love their country
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/purp...rable-and-compassionate-lieut-sehrish.497778/

Well i have real life Christian friends but they are not part of pdf :D
@Sher Shah Awan
Arey mein ney kab terey opar gang up kiya :-( ?
Good, glad to hear that. Good to hang out with different people from different backgrounds, isn't it ? :)

hah, ok, team Pakistan PDF puts 1 on the board.

Still only 1 though :P

but, like I said, this place is probably not a good barometer to gauge Pakistani society just as it isn't an effective one to measure Indian society.

Just go to facebook and Indian media and see the language Muslims use for Pakistan hatred for no reason at all
I'm not on facebook, people do say all sorts of stuff online though. :P

Its not just security issues but just blind hatred for no reason at all maybe they are trying to prove something
That's an allegation that gets thrown at Indian muslims a lot, but again, no way to quantify it.

There could be an element of that (proving patriotism) but then there could also be that some are genuinely fiercely patriotic, we should try and not generalize.

Non Muslims makeup roughly 3-5% of our population and live mainly in rural areas while pdf has mostly the urban crowd and osp,s you wont find them here but despite a lot of legit issues they still love their country
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/purp...rable-and-compassionate-lieut-sehrish.497778/

I don't see a reason why an Indian Muslim would like Pakistan, they have a legitimate reason for hatred when most non Muslims look at them suspiciously due to a lot of pakistani induced interference in India. They have all the more reason to hate Pakistan for all the issues, be it in Bangladesh, kashmir or Afghanistan have a link to Pakistan, and there's no love lost for Pakistan in Bangladesh and Afghanistan either.

It is not my case to disagree with you in entirety. From your perspective, you do have valid points and I can concede to most of them.

I am non-religious, so my opinion on the subject is not based on preference or dislike for one religion over the other. My personal view is that the sooner we loose the albatross of religion, the better off we will be.

Having said that, not all such cults that call themselves religion are the same. Some are relatively benign and the only major harm they do is to obstruct the process of critical thinking among humans. Then there are the ones that are violent and barbaric by nature, and by nature I am referring to the fruits of their existence.

AFAIK, discussing religion is not allowed on PDF, which is a good thing. So I don't want to make it into a this vs that issue. All I ask is that you use the same level of critical thinking that you would reserve for serious subjects and answer a simple question - if all organized religions, which is the one that asks for the most extraordinary concessions of those who do not follow that particular religion? And having answered that question, ask a further question - is it rational to expect people to feel comfortable around such a religion when they know that the appeal for minority rights will only last until the minority becomes a majority?

Again, you can either answer it in terms of politically correct generalizations, anecdotal references or emotion. But that wouldn't be a correct way to go about it, as you are well aware. The correct way would be to stop denying what we see all around us, stop blaming others and attribute responsibility for actions.
I will answer your question when your content will show relevance to my post.Be realistic man.You cannot get rid of all religions whether they are following true God or selling satanic business.You have to learn to live with them peacefully at least to such extent that you provide them with justice and they live here recognizing themselves as citizen of whatever country or state.Move towards development, introduce positive and engaging govt funded projects and try to annihilate all those terrifying mindsets promoting terrorism and terrorizing subjects of govt's regime as well challenging it's writ at the same time.
However annihilation does not always mean to "Kill" or to shoot.Change their orientation with by introducing something that promotes constructive bussiness. You kill extremism at once when you smile, step forward, take interest in other's perspective and become a good listener.Live a noble life as you will die tomorrow.Once again take care of minorities and let them live a healthy life and same goes with Pakistan.

regards

Still only 1 though :P
He an Ahmadi Pakistan we also had some Atheists here i stood up for them and their right to speak freely
but, like I said, this place is probably not a good barometer to gauge Pakistani society just as it isn't an effective one to measure Indian society.
This place is more of a representative of urban Pakistani youth
I'm not on facebook, people do say all sorts of stuff online though. :P
Itney sarey log same baat boltey hain fake hain ya real opinions but hate koot koot key bhara hay they start spewing hatred without any provocation :D
That's an allegation that gets thrown at Indian muslims a lot, but again, no way to quantify it.
My online interaction at different platforms and observation of your media kind of gives me a glimpse :D

Indian Muslims try to act more catholic than the pope but end up like Zakir Naik in the end
I be damned.

muslim should know very well where muslims loyalties lie..majority of muslims place their religion above their country.
Right, ask Modi bhai to conduct a 'loyalty test' for Muslims. Don't forget to bring RSS Sagha invigilators.:coffee:

Muslims are the largest group in India albeit spread across various states (20 carore or may be more in numbers). They are a strong minority compared to Christians who are targeted in eastern states, churches vandalized and converted to Hinduism under Sanghparivar organizations. Muslims are may be a first line of defense for other minorities be it Christians or Sikhs. The most unfortunate is Hindu Dalits who are treated as sub humans by the privileged forward castes.

Back
Top Bottom