What's new

If the F/A 18 Super Hornet Wins the MMRCA

wow India is getting some fancy 'murican hardware, congrats to India and :usflag: we can use the $$$$$$ :partay:
We'll ur country men will get some employment,
Unemployment % would come down a bit in US..
so say thanks to india not congrats

last time when u heard abt sub deals,last time when u heard abt pakfa,last time when u heard abt billion dollar deals with u.s,last time when u heard abt 4 aircraft carriers launching. and this list goes on.......,thise things have taken place since few yrs back may be 2-3 yrs.
we are not taking this to attack china,atleast we shud have enough to protect our self.with pakistan case we had enough and have enough and will have more than enough.

Refer to my last 2 posts you did not pick it well.
Deals are something else when you have something to eat and is in your mouth chewing it up we'll talk. Thread is mrca specific and its impact so lets stick to it. when the factory is installed and the last one is rolled out...

show me 4 aircraft carriers floating around in indian ocean tagged made in india or imported in india so far there is only 1, like lca from 80's till 2010 yet not a single one inducted.

I agree with Sancho, I criticize the Rafale just to wind him up. The Rafale is still a good choice if the French offer co- development and get into a risk/reward/technology sharing agreement with India. If India agrees to fund and mature key technologies - make no mistake it will be more expensive and risky but it will immensely benefit both countries and is a symbiotic relationship. This is also the one area where the US offering is weak, although ToT compliant it still means that US technology cannot benefit other programs like LCA or MCA unless a separate agreement is reached.

No madam literally impossible to go for another co development.. we are having big one with Russia :tup:... and we are already developing LCA.. why will we go for Rafael?? further AMCA is already in pipeline ... we are not US :D to do uplift of other countries industry..

Secondly as you have mentioned on TOT part by US.. that is the place where most of the deals will be screwed up... For sure india will select US products but US will reject it.. and naturally we will go for Europeans... i hope it is Eurofighter :bounce:

Mate, beware of our territory or these all IAF Aircrafts willl be on ground:D

No offense...but Is Kuwait large enough to atleast park the entire Indian Air Force inventory.? :lol:

#1. The Strength :IAF vs PAF
The existing imbalance in favour of India will further be widened and in the process of bridging that gap more strain will be put on the Pak economy which will be a repeat of what the USA did to the USSR.

IAF vs PLAAF

The defensive capabilities on the Eastern Front will be further enhanced thus making it more unpalatable for the Chinese to indulge in any unwarranted intrusions.

Though the edge will remain with the Chinese because of their insurmountable numerical superiority.

The Edge : INDIA vs PAKISTAN

Same as Point 1

#3. The Relations of : Pakistan ( Getting F16s ) & USA ( Supplying F18s to INDIA )

Though I would like it on the contrary , this deal wont put a seal on US' further F-16 deals with Pakistan.They will provide them if they see it necessary.

#4. The Asian Power Projection

I think it would be more precisely a power projection in the IOR and SE Asia.Not the whole Asia.

But IAF would be the best in Technology with PAKFA,Hornets and Sukhois.

#5. INDO - US Relations

Would be definitely given a boost,but will that transalate into tangible strategic gains for India should be waited and watched.

#6. INDIA - Russia, France and EU Relations.

Russia we have enough to keep them happy for next few decades - PAKFA,additional Flankers, Maybe Amur class subs, JV in Brahmos , Nuke deals, some frigates etc.

France maybe slightly dis-appointed and may even sell the avionics suite to JF 17 but this maybe countered by the Nuke deal (which France has the best technology),Mirage upgrade,Scorpenes etc.

EU - has never been much of a partner and we dont loose much here.

Last edited:
My point is why should we go FOR US ONLY ? ? Ok i undrstand engine will be common so is the maintence and logistic but Even Rafale is not bad or i must say more then Hornet in many areas.. They also be easy to maintain because of previous experience with m2k..please some gurus shed some light in comparision.

How is that mambo jumbo even related to the post??? rendered speechless?.....anyways, the fact remains the same, all your grandiloquence about "Pakistan doesn't remain a worthy opponent anymore & blah blah" only abase your subjective delusions when you & your fellows are still tempted to think of Pakistan as not being a worthy adversary??? LOL, Get the point...... Then again don't bother...
Fine not to bother.we will conclude the topic, Pakistan is actually a worthy opponent.:cheers:

No offense...but Is Kuwait large enough to atleast park the entire Indian Air Force inventory.? :lol:

The existing imbalance in favour of India will further be widened and in the process of bridging that gap more strain will be put on the Pak economy which will be a repeat of what the USA did to the USSR.

The defensive capabilities on the Eastern Front will be further enhanced thus making it more unpalatable for the Chinese to indulge in any unwarranted intrusions.

Though the edge will remain with the Chinese because of their insurmountable numerical superiority.

Same as Point 1

Though I would like it on the contrary , this deal wont put a seal on US' further F-16 deals with Pakistan.They will provide them if they see it necessary.

I think it would be more precisely a power projection in the IOR and SE Asia.Not the whole Asia.

But IAF would be the best in Technology with PAKFA,Hornets and Sukhois.

Would be definitely given a boost,but will that transalate into tangible strategic gains for India should be waited and watched.

Russia we have enough to keep them happy for next few decades - PAKFA,additional Flankers, Maybe Amur class subs, JV in Brahmos , Nuke deals, some frigates etc.

France maybe slightly dis-appointed and may even sell the avionics suite to JF 17 but this maybe countered by the Nuke deal (which France has the best technology),Mirage upgrade,Scorpenes etc.

EU - has never been much of a partner and we dont loose much here.

sir! Eu is our partner and we cant ignore them . What if gipen Ng is with neighbour af ? ? They already sold sum AWACS ND GRIPEN WILL BE THE TRUE GAME CHANGER ..WE ALREADY brought SO MUCH from US ,now why not try sumthing cheap and economical like Gripen NG with high end like rafale... A split order sir.

NG is a good choice.
But its not going to be seen in PAF:

1. THEY R GOING FOR J10:
2. AMERICAN ENGINE

NG is a good choice.
But its not going to be seen in PAF:

1. THEY R GOING FOR J10:
2. AMERICAN ENGINE

NG is a good choice.. but it will becomes a Tejas killer.. hence no no for NG... For NG it is better to go for 18E/F ... either way both have only american hardware... Further 18E/F can complement MKI effectively than NG as we know MKI will be our Frontline beast...

Guys, please dont jump into any conclusion now.

Rafale, EF, Gripen, F-18, F-16 are still in the competition.
just because engine went to GE doesnt mean that MRCA will go to F-18 or Gripen.

There could be better deals that can be put accross by companies now to counter and compensate this loss. You never know, let all the country chiefs finish their visit. We will get a clear picture then.

As of now we need to celebrate for Tejas getting its long due engine finally

:cheers:

As of now we need to celebrate for Tejas getting its long due engine finally

:cheers:

Sirjee we have to wait for celebration .. First Let GE get permission from US for TOT... then we will celebrate ... I guess the challenge lies there only.. so a total of 6 months is given for them.. we have to wait till six months... :undecided:... but i guess this will go the same way as Tejas consultancy ..:whistle:... just my opinion ..

Sirjee we have to wait for celebration .. First Let GE get permission from US for TOT... then we will celebrate ... I guess the challenge lies there only.. so a total of 6 months is given for them.. we have to wait till six months... :undecided:... but i guess this will go the same way as Tejas consultancy ..:whistle:... just my opinion ..
Agree with you, but you r sounding a litle pssemistic.

Dont worry now, the engine is already in place, as told by Eurojet chief, if GE fails to give the required TOT then the engine bid will come to us and he has apprehended about GE meeting all policies of TOT.

Ring a bell?. but dont wander away:)....But celebrate.

Agree with you, but you r sounding a litle pssemistic.

Dont worry now, the engine is already in place, as told by Eurojet chief, if GE fails to give the required TOT then the engine bid will come to us and he has apprehended about GE meeting all policies of TOT.

Ring a bell?. but dont wander away:)....But celebrate.

Yeah i am pssemistic on US as regard to there policies.. As far as celebration is concerned we should do it when there is a light seen at the end of tunnel (i.e.) when agreement is signed not when the winner is announced... Let see what happens... I guess there is a waste of time... The bidders should have parallely got a gohead from the government when the winners are finally announced.. this is sick .. first We give to US... after 6 months they will say no then we go to Europe and they will take another 3 months and it will take a year to sign the contract.... so again a delay... :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom