What's new

IDEAS 2016 Karachi Pakistan

I gave my cnic copy to friend today, fingers crossed......Inshallah i will get my Pass for the expo.....just pray for me please.......if it comes through we will create a lost of questions thaty we are going to ask from Delegattion / Vendors
If you manage to get pass I would ask lot of questions . By the way any update on Gun trials ?

Guys IDEAS is only two months away now so what are your expectations ??? What new weapons we can expect and major announcements and future plans and procurements

Guys IDEAS is only two months away now so what are your expectations ??? What new weapons we can expect and major announcements and future plans and procurements

Nothing Much just same old stuff..

Block II JF-17 can be there..

Expect something to be shown related to SPH. However i am not sure if IDEAS will be the time to look forward for "announcements" being made.

Sadly no I have to stay with my mother
Trust me, it is MUCH better! The thing you are doing is much more important than visiting the exhibition so stay put and enjoy your life. It is just an exhibition and do not expect "announcements" or "official confirmation" . There will be a few products and few suppliers to keep an eye on but all that will be shared here anyway.
'

our leaders in armed forces seem too much insistent on buying foreign made equipment at the cost of local products. This is not the first time it is happening in our history. examples are Pakistan looking for Altay tank instead of rolling out more and improved Al Khalids, PAF persons saying JF 17 not that good and looking for second hand crap. Navy instead of making more agosta 90 Bs which they bought under transfer of technology has not made any submarine since then.

Some things run in NATION's psyche. I am afraid armed forces personnel are also Pakistan nationals and unless a system is devised to check the procurement decisions, we will keep on killing our industry for the sake of foreign made equipment whatever the ulterior motives behind it which i dont want to comprehend. Take pride in Made in Pakistan brand, O fellow Countrymen! Please.

Hi,

Taking pride in weapons system that you have built is fine---. But a weapons systems is built to fight " an enemy " & " the enemy's resources " and NOT your resources---.

Be it a JF17---or an AlKahlid tank---they are not the highest tier equipment in their class---that is why the Altay and other aircraft are being looked at---.

There is another reason for that as well---there is too much equipment that is already obsolete that needs to be replaced and neither the production of the JF17 and nor that of the AlKhalid is fast enough to fill in the massive hole that has been created.

As for the navy---the agosta was a much needed building experience---in order for them to build another one---they had to get parts from the French---. So---for the navy to develop further---you had to order the scorpene 10 years ago.

600 Al khalids in 24 years. I was in class 5 back then. What do I call this? Negligence or incompetence or strategic indecision. Time is luxury, we can ill afford. I voice my concerns as sometimes you get impression of showing lethargy towards self reliance. ToT is welcome, but in all matters speed and consistency is the key which is found lacking.
first AK rolled out of factory in 2001. Yr talking abt its prototypes.

Back
Top Bottom