What's new

IAF to HAL: Build Swiss trainer aircraft, don't develop your own

It's not up to the IAF to grow the pvt aerospace industry in India. They are merely customers, they want good quality and timely delivery.

It is up to the MoD and GoI to formulate polices that promote pvt sector investment in this arena.

IAF has not fought a war in the last 40 years. One thinks they would have utilised this time productively in trying to develop the Indian Aerospace Industry for their own selfish need.

But NO. Any ideas why ? :disagree: ........have they been so busy defending our borders for the last 40 years ? :coffee:

I guess we poor civilians have to do that in the hope that IF and WHEN there is war (which I have not seen in my lifetime), IAF will do a smashing job. :rolleyes:

Pilatus PC7 is sold o US for roughly 3.9 million dollars, which translates to 24cr rupees.... now do you see why IAF wants to hardsell this and why HAL wants to offset another hole in the defence budget... you be the judge.....

And here lies the rub. HAL had access to the unit price Pilatus were selling their PC-7 MK.2s to the IAF and still, STILL had the the audacity to quote a price HIGHER than the PC-7 MK.2 for a machine that would ADD complications to the logistics of the IAF. I mean we are talking about a BTT here so there is very limited scope for improvements over the PC-7 MK.2 say in terms of capability. This machine is for a very specific role, the ONLY way it would make sense to pursue the HTT-40 is if it was cheaper and by some margin over the competition- but this simply isn't the case.

Like you point out, the IAF is in charge of how it spends its own budget and to ask them to spend more on machines that deliver similar levels of performance is counter intuitive.

Effing PSUs! Unless they operate in a protected environment where they have a monopoly their heads explode!

IAF has not fought a war in the last 40 years. One thinks they would have utilised this time productively in trying to develop the Indian Aerospace Industry for their own selfish need.

But NO. Any ideas why ? :disagree: ........have they been so busy defending our borders for the last 40 years ? :coffee:

I guess we poor civilians have to do that in the hope that IF and WHEN there is war (which I have not seen in my lifetime), IAF will do a smashing job. :rolleyes:

Like I said, it is NOT the IAF's bloody job to be nurturing industry. They are solely a fighting arm charged with the protection of India's skies, that is their SOLE remit.

If you want to grow industry you need to talk to the government and industry NOT the customers.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom