What's new

IAF Chief: S-300 is En Route to Syria; Surprise War is Possible

selvan33

Reaction score
Country
India
IAF Chief: S-300 is En Route to Syria; Surprise War is Possible

IAF Commander, Major General Amir Eshel, spoke Wednesday about the IAF’s preparedness for a surprise war scenario with Syria, and said that the S-300 anti-aircraft system is on its way to Syria.

“A surprise war can come about through many scenarios at present,” he said at a conference of the Fisher Institute for National Security in Herzliya. Isolated incidents can escalate very quickly, he explained, and added that “we are committed to being ready in a matter of hours and to operate up to the end of the spectrum.”

“The Assad regime has invested a lot in order to attain the best aerial defense capabilities that it could buy,” he said. “We are talking about weapons from a completely different generation, nothing like what was there before.”

He noted, however, that, “There is no system that does not have a solution. The question is only — at what cost.”

“From the little money he has,” Maj. Gen. Eshel explained, “Assad has invested billions in buying the best weapons systems Russia can offer, including the S-300, which is en route to Syria. And he is not the only one; everybody is busy acquiring such capabilities.”

Merely possesing these systems will make Assad more belligerent, he warned. ”Any country that is given the wonder system — its name doesn’t matter — that will make it feel that it is protected, will allow itself to do things that it would not otherwise do, and for that reason it has strategic importance beyond the operational importance.”

“In order to unleash the IAF’s intense firepower, aerial supremacy must be attained,” he said.

“Should Syria collapse tomorrow, we may find ourselves ver quickly with this huge weapons arsenal scatterring and facing Israel. If, in the Second Lebanon War, we used only part of our abilities, in the next war we will have to give 100 percent, so that the operation will be fast and very powerful.”

IAF Chief: S-300 is En Route to Syria; Surprise War is Possible | idrw.org

The so called 'Rebels' are being supported by neighboring countries with the aim to destabilize internally. As soon as they realize its the right time, Israel would be invited to end the game with one bomb.

Neighboring countries get their wish to get rid of Shia Syria and Israel gets its wish to get a potential threat out of the way

They need ''Lebensraum''.

These people have suffered throughout history , first the egyptians , then arabs, then colonial powers and then nazis. Despite all this if the could make a mighty nation in so small a land that makes neighboring countries **** in their pants, then they are truly God's People.

PS: I'm a Indian"Baniya evil" Hindu.

These people have suffered throughout history , first the egyptians , then arabs, then colonial powers and then nazis. Despite all this if the could make a mighty nation in so small a land that makes neighboring countries **** in their pants, then they are truly God's People.

And your point was?
Dont tell be about history,i know what and how they suffered.
Try to read carefully before you comment.
PS;I'm a ''evil''Turk.

can you elaborate please hindu banya :D

Maybe India can award them the Andaman Islands as a mark of respect for this ancient civilisation so they may live happily ever after since they're definitely not wanted or welcome what they've currently occupied.

That particular question has been baffling me for a long time as well, and I've been itching to ask.... :P

@Archdemon: Yes, yes, please do answer @KingMamba93's question. :D

I noticed he understands urdu. :whistle:
That would be cool though. :woot: @Archdemon do let us know. :D

Baniyas don't know anything about God or his will. :pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom