What's new

I miss good ol’ PTV!

Uniqueness of PTV’s dramas’ is that they are not just all about entertainment……they played and somehow still playing a great role in educating common people via its dramas……..drama 88, drama 89 and so on were unmatchable….….it was no other than PTV who made dramas on fictions of Saadat Hasan Manto, Intezar Hussain etc. whom people mostly don’t know. If you even watch these one-episode dramas today, believe me, the first thing come up in you mind will be “its all about me.”…….i still remember “cat walk” who won the 10-year best female award, I think in 1998. Amar bail, Behlawa, Thore se zindage etc. etc. are just few examples.

I Still Think that PTV has some quality Dramas , But I miss a lot PTV Classic Era Dramas/ Shows.

I cannot forget Dramas like 'Ankahi, Parchaiyan, Duwaan, Alpha Bravo Charlie, Sunheray Din , Angan Terha , Guest House, Waris .........'

if you watch 'Khuda ki Bastee' that was telecast in 70s. you can't believe that in 70s PTV had such a Standard.

You know people cried when Rasool Baksh (Talat Hussain) in hawaein got hanged. :cry: and lot of girls cried when Dawood (Nabil) got killed in firefight in dhwan :cry: And i didn't eat dinner when Gul sher died in bosnia (ABC) :cry: :cry:

Even today PTV has those old-aunty faces as news readers; compare it to Express/Geo Naji Ashar/Aisha Bakhsh.......then you will realize why everyone is hooked to new private channels

Even today PTV has those old-aunty faces as news readers; compare it to Express/Geo Naji Ashar/Aisha Bakhsh.......then you will realize why everyone is hooked to new private channels
0.jpg

anigifs_172.gif

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I agree with night crawler on newscaster issue.

PTV used to have news caster wearing respectable scarf, and as the new privates of opened they filled with their disgusting stuff just to promote their channel..

PTV some times re telecast these dramas, and i have watched the drams like Ankahi, Parchaiyan, Dhoop Kinaray in last few years and they are too good.

Globilization and Information technology + Internet all combined to kill PTV. :angry:

PTV used to have news caster wearing respectable scarf, and as the new privates of opened they filled with their disgusting stuff just to promote their channel..

:agree:

PTV have Little old style of stuff, but it is better then new Private channels where cheap songs and Dances are part of news .

Back
Top Bottom