What's new

I love Pakistani TV serials, Indian shows are boring: Paresh Rawal

That's sad. Most of the Pakistanis I know always speak Urdu, even, when I speak Punjabi with them, they speak for few moments and go back to Urdu again. We (Sikhs) are declining breed due to emigration/declining birth rates, so really worried about Punjabi language in longer run.

I share your concern, there are some revivalist movements working to restore and reinvigorate the Punjabi language in Pakistan but they are being met with limited success. I envy you (the Sikhs) for keeping this language, our culture and traditions alive and I am sure as long as the Sikhs don't abandon this language and our traditions, they will survive.

Dramas are now mostly boring ! Watching Nat Geo is better than watching the same stuff over and over.Plus unnecessary use of glamour has also brought the moral level of dramas down to the bottom.

I share your concern, there are some revivalist movements working to restore and reinvigorate the Punjabi language in Pakistan but they are being met with limited success. I envy you (the Sikhs) for keeping this language, our culture and traditions alive and I am sure as long as the Sikhs don't abandon this language and our traditions, they will survive.

Sikhs will never abandon Punjabi, it is in our DNA. On a lighter note, you have no idea how bad we are at speaking Hindi, and can't speak English, even if we try. If you ever see pendu (village) folks speaking Hindi, you'll die of laughter. My dads used to give instructions to UP guys who come to Punjab for labour, and even thinking about that is giving me giggles :)

after hum paanch ...she started entertaining aunties only
Thanks to Ekta kapoor.

Frankly speaking not sure what she watches now .... and I think Pakistani Channels are not allowed in India :(

@Levina and other Indian fellows, have you guys seen any Pakistani serials on Indian channels, if yes, please share the channel name and shows that you are aware of being broadcast in India. Thanks.
So far I've watched only one TV series which was suggested to me by a Pakistani member @Leader almost two years back. I think it was called Season Mango, based on the life of 3 students living in Canada (2 Pakistanis and 1 Indian). I liked it.

@InPak loaded the trailer.

I guess I am old then.. I used to watch these on Doordarshan

Chandarkanta
Shaktiman
Vikram aur betaal
Sawabhiman
Alif laila
Chitrahar songs

i'm with you bro....youre not old ...im 29 and my chldhood in chennai india was governed by these shows...also would like to add shanti to it...i used to have the biggest crush on mandira bedi those days ...actuallly i still do ...but today it is split between mandira bedi:wub::wub::wub:and gul panag:wub::wub::wub:

@Levina and other Indian fellows, have you guys seen any Pakistani serials on Indian channels, if yes, please share the channel name and shows that you are aware of being broadcast in India. Thanks.
an all hindi channel Zindagi was launched recently which basically was aimed at auring Pakistani urdu dramas. but i think due to indo pak tension the project received a blow

The strained relationship of India and Pakistan has taken its toll on the entertainment industries of either side of the border as well. While some came out in the support of the self imposed ban on Pakistani artists in India, others aren’t still too certain about its implication.

Bollywood veteran actor Paresh Rawal has expressed his desire to work in Pakistani dramas and lauded how well framed the shows are.

According to Hindustan Times, the Hera Pheri actor said, “Yes, I would love to work in Pakistani films and shows. I love all Pakistani TV serials like Humsafar, the way they act, the story, the writing, the language… it’s all good. I feel our shows are boring.”

I’d love to work in Pakistan if the offer is right: Huma Qureshi

Rawal recently made headlines in the news for his controversial comments against author Arundhati Roy where he suggested that she should be tied to an army jeep to discourage stone-pelters in Kashmir.

The 67-year-old actor believes cinema and cricket bring the two countries closer.

“I believe that artists and cricketers don’t come and throw bombs. They are not terrorists, rather they bridge the gap between the two countries. But when the mood is not good why rake up issues at that time? It is better to stay with your country,” he says.

He also asserted that the ban on Pakistani artists should not be have been imposed in the first place.

“There should be no ban on anyone or anything. Even in Hindi Medium there was a Pakistani actress but nothing happened as the mood is good in the country,” he says.

His statement comes after Bollywood diva Vidya Balan praised Saba Qamar’s Bollywood debut, Hindi Medium.

Vidya Balan all praise for Saba Qamar in ‘Hindi Medium’

“Watched Hindi Medium today and took your number from Zeenat. Just wanted to tell you that you were amazing in the film. It’s a character one could dislike so easily for being pushy but you humanized her and make her believable and likable! Really, wow!” wrote Vidya.

Another actor, Huma Qureshi, too, confessed that she is open to working in Pakistan if the offer is right. Talking to The Express Tribune, the Gangs of Wasseypur star said, “I would love to work in a Pakistani project, if it’s the right offer.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1429310/love-pakistani-tv-serials-shows-boring-paresh-rawal/
upload_2017-6-7_16-33-5.png

Actor-politician Paresh Rawal desires to work in Pakistani films and shows
Indian shows are boring
07-Jun-17 by Web Desk

Shares

NEW DELHI: Emphasising that cricketers and artists are not the ones who throw bombs, renowned actor-politician Paresh Rawal said that he would love to work in Pakistani films and shows.

Rawal said to work in Pakistani shows because of scripting of the shows and films.

Rawal said, “Yes, I would like to work in Pakistani films and shows. I love all Pakistani TV serials like ‘Humsafar’, the way they act, the story, the writing, the language...it’s all good. I feel our shows are boring”.

Not long ago, Rawal was in the news for his controversial remarks against Indian author and activist Arundhati Roy where he recommended tying her to an army jeep to dissuade stone pelters in Kashmir. The actor says that cinema and cricket act as a bridge between two countries.

He stated that artists and cricketers act as bridge between the two countries so there is need to soften the pitch using artists.

He says, “I believe that artists and cricketers don’t come and throw bombs. They are not terrorists rather they bridge the gaps between the two countries. But when the mood is not good why rake up issues at that time? It is better to stay with your country”.

The actor further maintained that he’s not fine with the ban on Pakistani artists. “There should be no ban on anyone or anything. Even in ‘Hindi Medium’ there was a Pakistani actress but nothing happened as the mood is good in the country,” he said.
http://dailytimes.com.pk/features/0...m_campaign=postfity&utm_content=postfity63e5b
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
same guy said
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Paresh Rawal doesn't regret tweet on Arundhati Roy, says he was 'sending message of peace'
IndiaPTIJun, 05 2017 12:41:42 IST
#Army#Arundhati roy#Indian army#Jammu and kashmir#Kashmir#Paresh rawal#Theysaidit

Paresh Rawal. Image courtesy: CNN-News18

Many termed the tweet as "offensive" and said it "incited violence". The 67-year-old actor's tweet came after the Pakistani media reported remarks by Roy criticising the army's action in Kashmir. The report later turned out to be untrue. But Rawal said he isn't sorry even if the report on Roy is "fake news". He went on to say that even if she was "tied" to an army jeep, no stone-pelter would attack her as she supported their ideology.

"I expected this kind of reaction from liberal minded people. I just want to know when Arundhati Roy was talking about army people, why no one said anything? If she is right, then even I am right. If she regrets making the comments, then I also regret. Agreed that this is fake news, but what about the comments that she made on 2002 Godhra riots? If you have freedom of expression, then even I have it," Rawal told PTI.

He said one can openly criticise politicians including Prime Minister Narendra Modi but why target the army? "If you have the guts then talk about Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal chief minister). Four people will come and beat you up. You talk about those people (army) who don't hit back at you for your remarks. These people (referring to Roy) go and talk at international seminars and forums where they get funding, get awards... you get respect so you talk nonsense," he said.

The national award-winning actor said he fails to understand why Roy is playing the "woman card" following his comments of tying her to the jeep. "When we talk about it (referring to his tweet of tying her to the jeep), then you say 'I am woman'. Are you not a woman when you make such comments? I am not at all apologetic about it, as it pertains to my country, my army," he added.

The actor rather insisted his remark on Roy was a message of peace. "Even if hypothetically Arundhati was tied, no one would have pelted stones, as she is their well-wisher, she endorses the ideology. I have rather passed on a message of peace. Who will beat her up? So there is no violence," he adds.

Roy, an award-winning writer, has been a trenchant critic of the BJP and the army's action in insurgency-hit areas. Rawal alleged that critics like Roy chose to remain silent when at least 2,500 soldiers suffered severe injuries in stone pelting incidents.

"Why don't you talk about human rights then? Don't they (soldiers) have a family? The death of a soldier is tangible. You can see that but your views and expression are intangible. All you say is Hindus have committed atrocities all over the country including in Mizoram, Manipur and Nagaland and have occupied everything. My son, who is studying in America, is asking me 'is it all occupied?' Imagine what implication it has for young minds. They doubt you. It demoralises the army. I am happy a debate has started and I would have regretted if violence would have started. My aim was not that. It wouldn't have happened also," he added.

After the controversy over his tweet, Rawal had said there was pressure on him to delete it or his Twitter account will be blocked. When asked what upsets him as a politician, he said it "is unaccountability and lack of humanity while dealing with a situation".

http://www.firstpost.com/india/pare...-he-was-sending-message-of-peace-3512627.html
Itni jaldi bhool gaye babu bhai ko :D ?
Par ye samajh nahi ati kiya ye kehney sey desh drohi bana hay desh bakht :D

The strained relationship of India and Pakistan has taken its toll on the entertainment industries of either side of the border as well. While some came out in the support of the self imposed ban on Pakistani artists in India, others aren’t still too certain about its implication.

Bollywood veteran actor Paresh Rawal has expressed his desire to work in Pakistani dramas and lauded how well framed the shows are.

According to Hindustan Times, the Hera Pheri actor said, “Yes, I would love to work in Pakistani films and shows. I love all Pakistani TV serials like Humsafar, the way they act, the story, the writing, the language… it’s all good. I feel our shows are boring.”

I’d love to work in Pakistan if the offer is right: Huma Qureshi

Rawal recently made headlines in the news for his controversial comments against author Arundhati Roy where he suggested that she should be tied to an army jeep to discourage stone-pelters in Kashmir.

The 67-year-old actor believes cinema and cricket bring the two countries closer.

“I believe that artists and cricketers don’t come and throw bombs. They are not terrorists, rather they bridge the gap between the two countries. But when the mood is not good why rake up issues at that time? It is better to stay with your country,” he says.

He also asserted that the ban on Pakistani artists should not be have been imposed in the first place.

“There should be no ban on anyone or anything. Even in Hindi Medium there was a Pakistani actress but nothing happened as the mood is good in the country,” he says.

His statement comes after Bollywood diva Vidya Balan praised Saba Qamar’s Bollywood debut, Hindi Medium.

Vidya Balan all praise for Saba Qamar in ‘Hindi Medium’

“Watched Hindi Medium today and took your number from Zeenat. Just wanted to tell you that you were amazing in the film. It’s a character one could dislike so easily for being pushy but you humanized her and make her believable and likable! Really, wow!” wrote Vidya.

Another actor, Huma Qureshi, too, confessed that she is open to working in Pakistan if the offer is right. Talking to The Express Tribune, the Gangs of Wasseypur star said, “I would love to work in a Pakistani project, if it’s the right offer.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1429310/love-pakistani-tv-serials-shows-boring-paresh-rawal/

My wife also see some Pakistani serials and she says that they are based on some nice family stories.

I used to think Nargis Fakhri was pretty fly, but she turned out to be a really basic bitch (pardon the crass expression) in how she dealt with rumours that she was dating Imran Abbas.

https://article.wn.com/view/2017/04/20/Nargis_Fakhri_responds_to_rumours_of_dating_Pakistani_actor_/
https://reviewit.pk/imran-abbas-finally-opens-up-about-his-picture-with-nargis-fakhri/
She is a horrible actress she only has looks to go for her
We appreciate talent be it Bangladeshi/Afghnaistani or Nepali.
Kabhi duriyan barhatey ho to phir qareeb ho jatey ho
Ye to ham ko batao bakhordar key tum kiya chahtey ho :D ?
KATRINA kaif
Good looks,good dancing but meh acting
How does Paresh Rawal gets to watch Pak serials? Which channel shows serials like Humsafar and how can I see it?
Youtube currently best drama to watch is Sami which is a social issue based drama

Back
Top Bottom