What's new

I have been Pakistan's best friend: Mullen

Mullen also said that earlier on he had worked on a plan with Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani to launch an offensive in North Waziristan which Mullen believed would take away a “key haven” from the Haqqani group. He said he was disappointed when the operation did not materialize,

And therefore, he took out his frustration with a baseless accusation.

Asim bhai your aqal is ghaas charring? Fox news has all the proof........................... they helped start 2 illegal wars and you think there is no peroof??

Well I was mesmerized by the magic show of the disappearing weapons of mass destruction that the USG was giving to the world!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Present proof to whom?

Public? He made statements in public...

Present it to an open session in congress...

My contention is, he'd present something when he has any proof. Already Pentagon has said he was overstating the facts.

Usually, best friends of Pakistan either die mysteriously or got retired in uncomfortable senario.

General. David Petreus and Richard Hallbrook are one such examples.

I can even count coach Bob Wollmer too.

Interesting part is, in-charge of Pakistan is Zardari, who's houses, finances and dear ones are all under the protection of US.

Most of the ministers who run and decide the future of Pakistan are not even Pakistani nationals and this include Pakistan's ambassador to US.

Where is the disconnect, i don't understand. Why all communication and blaming happens via media instead of through proper channel and what grievances of Pakistan has been rectified by friends of Pakistan?

Present proof to whom?

Why not to the UN ?? UN security council. Present the proof, have deliberations about its authenticity, if possible make a commission which probes the intel and allegations and when found to be true, UN should sanction armed action against by America to be legitimate and even involve in NATO just like for Libya and make Pakistan do the things which they want.

Friend or foe is immaterial -- Recall Wolfowitz and the neocon's idea of no rival's anywhere. It's isn't about Mullen, it's about ensuring US policy dominance over the interests of "others" (read Pakistan)

yep ha is friend but puppets of pakistan not public of pakistan .

I have been Pakistan's best friend: Mullen
Published: September 28, 2011
In an interview conducted by The Wall Street Journal, US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen explained what prompted him to review his outlook on Pakistan, and how his “partnership approach” had “fallen short and would be difficult to revive”.
(Read more: ISI must disengage from proxies, says Mullen)
“I am losing people, and I am just not going to stand for that,” Mullen told WSJ. “I have been Pakistan’s best friend. What does it say when I am at that point? What does it say about where we are?”
The report said that while Mullen earlier believed Pakistan was serious in its commitment to battle terrorism, the attack on the US embassy in Kabul on September 13 was a turning point. Mullen blamed Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for collaborating with the Haqqani network, the militant group the US blames for the Kabul attack. However, he believes that while the ISI may not control details of Haqqani’s operations, it provides the group “strategic support”.
“It is very clear they (Pakistan) have supported them,” Mullen said in the interview. “I don’t think the Haqqanis can be turned on and off like a light switch. But there are steps that could be taken to impact the Haqqanis over time.”
Mullen also said that earlier on he had worked on a plan with Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani to launch an offensive in North Waziristan which Mullen believed would take away a “key haven” from the Haqqani group. He said he was disappointed when the operation did not materialize, and in the events that followed, he refrained from his practice of limiting public criticism of Pakistan.
On September 22, Mullen bluntly said he believes the Haqqani network acts as a “veritable arm of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence Agency”. He went on to say that the Pakistani government, army and intelligence agency jeopardize the Pak-US partnership in the war on terror by “choosing to use violent extremism as an instrument of policy”.
Pakistan has condemned these allegations, maintaining that it is committed to fighting the war on terror as it has been the greatest victim of militancy.

my dear admiral - with friends like you, who needs enemies.

If friend like this... what about enemy thn ? lol :what:

The soft approach of US and the west towards pakistan + patronage + protection to balance India have brought them to this situation.

Mullen's U-Turn was very much expected.

Yeh Dosti Hum nahiiiii Thodengaaaa.....:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom