Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
I am Indian, I dare anyone to prove otherwise : Adnan Sami

2005100600030201.jpg

adnan_sami.jpg

MUMBAI: Singer-composer Adnan Sami is none too pleased by attempts in the Pakistani media to club his case with that of Pakistani singer Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan who was arrested in Delhi airport earlier this month for carrying undeclared foreign currency.

Attempts have been made by the Pakistani media to get in touch with Adnan and his family in Pakistan and India.

Says Adnan angrily, "I don't know why the Pakistani media is bringing my name up in Rahat's context. I am doing just fine."

"Yes, I'm in a spot of trouble with the government over a foreign exchange issue. But you can't compare my problem with Rahat's. I had done everything according to official instruction. It was the authorities who did not read the fine print," he adds.

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was arrested at the Delhi airport Feb 13 for carrying undeclared foreign currency. He has since been released and returned to his country.

Adnan sidesteps the strong rumours that he is under renewed threat from a regional political party to leave India.

"There will be the party-poopers in every situation. You can't run away and hide just because some people want to get rid of you. Let me make it very clear that Mumbai is my city. This is where I now belong. And no one can drive me out," he said.

Reacting to rumours that he still maintains a Pakistani passport, Adnan sighs: "My application for an Indian passport has almost come through. I'll soon be an Indian citizen."

"Until then, yes, I do hold a Pakistani passport. Does that make me a Pakistani? We've an example of a very important and beloved leader (Sonia Gandhi) coming from Italy," he adds.

"How Italian would you consider this beloved leader who is dedicated to Indian politics?

Nationality is a state of mind. I am Indian. I dare anyone to prove otherwise," he says.

Please don't club me with Rahat: Adnan - The Economic Times

Paisa fainko tamasha dekho. ;)

I think he should be given indian nationality by now.

GOI isn't doing it as it'll be offensive to the pakistanis.

I'll say to him ,don't take too much of a tension,we are not dying to prove it otherwise.Be happy.:P

Lots of people change their nationality. By brother and sister have. Big deal.

Yeah ........ even then people don't rush to adopt enemy's citizenship. ;)

He's one individual (obviously no representative of Pakistanis like your use of "people" suggests) and obviously he doesn't consider India his enemy.

This is news how? considering how long he has lived in your country and invested money there. You should neutralize his Pakistani nationality and grant him Indian Nationality. Clearly if that is his desire than i respect it.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Lets see if i understand this correctly, some fat Pakistani guy claims he's an Indian?

Watch your mouth!

Okay, Lets see if i understand this correctly, some medium built Pakistani guy claims he's an Indian?

Well if we see it economic terms he is a indian citizen because his financial intrest is in india and he is living here for more than 2 years

I don't give damn about his nationality as long as he can make such songs.

This one was a classic ,brings back many memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom