What's new

I am ashamed of AID from us Arabs to Pakistan

Thanks spartan... i hope u know the difference between a Pakistani n a bengladeshi...

Also i was talking to my country men to empty their pockets instead of lookin at anyone else.

This is the 21st century even a brother doesnt listen to u in monetary issues.

Also id like to thank all who r contributing.
Thank u all brother.

I do know the difference brother, I was just saying that Arab leaders discriminate against countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh and other South Asian countries. I understand but we are brothers, we are supposed to help one another. Leaders of the Muslim world are supposed to provide relief, we need Muslim unity.

Finally some good news maybe?
-------------
Bangladesh announces US$ 2m in flood aid for Pakistan

Bangladesh government has decided to extend relief assistance and humanitarian aid to Pakistan for its flood victims.

Bangladesh’s relief assistance to Pakistan worth US$ 2 million would include tent, blanket, water purification tablets, mineral water, life saving medicine, vaccine, oral saline, hygiene kit, biscuit, packed dry food etc. Bangladesh will also send a medical team, said a release.

Bangladesh announces this commitment as an expression of solidarity with the people of Pakistan.

The recent floods and torrential rains in some parts of Pakistan have claimed more than 1,600 people, marooned another million and caused huge devastation.

Earlier, in a condolence message addressed to the Pakistani counterpart, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina expressed her deep sympathy to the government and the people of Pakistan on this human tragedy.

--------------
I personally think we should have given more. I mean, if Afghanistan was able to give US $1 million with all of its current issues, then I think Bangladesh should have been able to give around $3-5 million, am I right?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/69579-afghanistan-gives-1-mn-dollars-pakistan.html

Thank you BD. We needed those food and medical items for the flood affectees.

I personally think pakistan and its culture is more close to subcontinent than arabs.

Let me correct you here;
ARAB response has been slow but it is starting to come.
Saudi Arabia is launching a country wide drive to collect funds
Even the mobile operators, shopping malls are collecting funds.
The provincial governors them selves are over looking this operation.

Do not blame UAE please, they are in deep trouble them selves and were brought back from bankruptcy only in near past.

love and care are two ways; don't just expect to get it from arabia every time.
They have been waiting for and requesting some faithfulness for a lot time which our
capable leaders have not been.

Please do not just undermine any one on face value.
You have no efeing Idea how much the Saudi and UAE have done for Pakistan;
what you see in public is mere 20 % of what is beneath the surface.

a.k.a the mistakes of Pakistani government that you see are only 20% of what they actually are.

It's in the tough times that you find out who your true friends are. That truth is just the same for a state as it is for an individual. Pakistan should take notice right now who is willing to help, and who is noticeably quiet or just helping with a token amount.

Discrimination is everywhere saudis dont like egyptians, egyptians dont like iraqis,iraqis dont like others n the circle goes on!Its all coz of money few decades back saudis were begging karavans now they r livin on oil money!Money turns the world upside down.

But u cant say tht about a nation as a whole.

Also i was talking to my country men to empty their pockets instead of lookin at anyone else.

We have enormous potential!
One of the largest gas fields
Coal reserves.
6th largest gold mines.

Uranium,marble,Salt
Minerals!!

etc etc
This is the 21st century even a brother doesnt listen to u in monetary issues.

Also id like to thank all who r contributing.
Thank u all brothers.

Its time that Muslim Ummah should get united and do wot ever is possible to save lives of their brothers and sisters in Pakistan

Do not blame UAE please, they are in deep trouble them selves and were brought back from bankruptcy only in near past.

And what of the European and US financial crises? These governments also have to answer to their people, unlike the Gulf Monarchs, yet they are donating significant amounts.

Let me correct you here;
ARAB response has been slow but it is starting to come.
Saudi Arabia is launching a country wide drive to collect funds
Even the mobile operators, shopping malls are collecting funds.
The provincial governors them selves are over looking this operation.

love and care are two ways; don't just expect to get it from arabia every time.
They have been waiting for and requesting some faithfulness for a lot time which our
capable leaders have not been.

Please do not just undermine any one on face value.
You have no efeing Idea how much the Saudi and UAE have done for Pakistan;
what you see in public is mere 20 % of what is beneath the surface.

a.k.a the mistakes of Pakistani government that you see are only 20% of what they actually are.

I already know Saudi Arabia is donating besides the donations they are collecting, they have pledged 100 million. I know that they are all collecting funds. As far as UAE, you got a point on them but 5 million or so is not going to kill them. They have many wealthy people in UAE, I know they are capable of donating some cash. I hope you are right about AID being slow from Arab world but now coming in. What about the rest of the Arab countries though? Some have donated nothing as of now. I may have been harsh in this thread but the Arab world deserves this criticism (just not all Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia).

Finally some good news maybe?
-------------

Bangladesh government has decided to extend relief assistance and humanitarian aid to Pakistan for its flood victims.

Bangladesh’s relief assistance to Pakistan worth US$ 2 million would include tent, blanket, water purification tablets, mineral water, life saving medicine, vaccine, oral saline, hygiene kit, biscuit, packed dry food etc. Bangladesh will also send a medical team, said a release.

Bangladesh announces this commitment as an expression of solidarity with the people of Pakistan.

The recent floods and torrential rains in some parts of Pakistan have claimed more than 1,600 people, marooned another million and caused huge devastation.

Earlier, in a condolence message addressed to the Pakistani counterpart, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina expressed her deep sympathy to the government and the people of Pakistan on this human tragedy.

--------------
I personally think we should have given more. I mean, if Afghanistan was able to give US $1 million with all of its current issues, then I think Bangladesh should have been able to give around $3-5 million, am I right?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/current-events-social-issues/69579-afghanistan-gives-1-mn-dollars-pakistan.html

Yes. We are better shape than Afganistan and we could easily afford 3-4 millions but at least they fianally decided to extend the hands behalf of Bangladeshis to Pakistani brother and sister in need. :tup:

I wonder what took them so long.....:undecided:

It's in the tough times that you find out who your true friends are. That truth is just the same for a state as it is for an individual. Pakistan should take notice right now who is willing to help, and who is noticeably quiet or just helping with a token amount.

Suprisingly the US which we all love to Bash every now and then has provided the most AID both in terms of Money and Material and Logistics to carry the goods to the affectees.

The Saudi Gov has traditionally came out with huge AID in the Past but this time its kind of very disappointing.

pardon me if it's a noob question but where is the "all weather friend" with 2trillion in Forex??

i think they are themselves in trouble. but having a huge economy, they havent been much generous.

Suprisingly the US which we all love to Bash every now and then has provided the most AID both in terms of Money and Material and Logistics to carry the goods to the affectees.

The Saudi Gov has traditionally came out with huge AID in the Past but this time its kind of very disappointing.

i think saudis are now on top of the table with 100m dollars plus 20m dollars of public donation. but other arab countries especially the rich ones arent doing much or nothing.

Back
Top Bottom