What's new

Human rights violation in India

We get it. You don't hate India as much as we hate Japan and SKorea. Just trust me on that. Even we don't run news about how horrible Japan and SK are every single day.

India is the most human rights violation country than any one else, poverty and hunger is the mother of all human rights vioaltion

and the price u paid........????

Do you mean "one child policy"?
Yes. That was the price.

About one child policy.
That is a huge price. But with the growing Chinese economy, Family planning policy will be phased out.
2001, Chinese grassroots officials have a lot of mistakes on family planning. Yes, Some people forced abortion of pregnant women.
2010, Such incidents do not happen again. It allows the second child, Because we have the ability to feed more people now.And if the birth of a third child, No one will force miscarriage, But it will be fine.
New policy of family planning:
¼Æ»®ÉúÓý¶þÌ¥ÐÂÕþ²ß_°Ù¶ÈÖªµÀ

Chinese is not the devil. We also do not want to limit fertility.
But the reality is cruel. Sometimes, we need to know how to give up. We are also very sad, but no regrets.

Few things here:

Please don't de-rail the thread as it is about Human right violation in India, not poverty and lack of toilets etc in India.

Indian guys like Benny & DeletedUser, please don't spoil the fun for the OP.. Let him have him emotional m****rbation for the day.. :cheers:

Request all Indian posters not to reply to BS threads.

@DV..... the link site you have given has got another countries too..including your own.

Have you started a dedicated thread on them or are you just interested in India only.. Just asking out of curiosity.

I wrote at top of my 1st post:

Discussions should highlight human rights situation in New Delhi, Bhubaneshwar (Orissa), Kolkata (West Bengal), Guwahati (Assam), Ahmedabad (Gujarat) regions.

So this thread is dedicated to India (Jammu & Kashmir not included).

Request all Indian posters not to reply to BS threads.

By the way this is not BS thread, contribute your views over human violations in India & how India could minimize rate of various kind of HR violations.

Lemme help you here DV. Just 8 years ago my human rights were violated in New Delhi. I asked my dad for a Ferrari and he said "nope" which was a denial of my right to transport see :) But thanks for addressing the issue on my behalf .

Indian torture tactics may boost militancy - HRW

Wed Feb 2, 2011

(Reuters) - Abusive counter-terrorism tactics, such as torture, are routinely used by Indian police and may actually be boosting militancy in the country, a report by the New York-based Human Rights Watch (HRW) said on Wednesday.

According to the report, there is evidence of discrimination, harassment and stereotyping of Muslims by law enforcement authorities, leading to feelings of disquiet amongst the minority community in officially secular India.

"Allegations of torture are often used as propaganda for recruitment (by militant groups)," said HRW's South Asia director Meenakshi Ganguly.

"When torture happens, it is used to bring in other Muslims who are told that their community is under threat."

India remains vulnerable to militant attacks such as the November 2008 strike in Mumbai which killed 166 people. Earlier that year, a home-grown Islamist group set off bombs in three cities, including New Delhi.

The attacks have heightened suspicions that Muslims, who form 13 percent of India's 1.2 billion population, are involved or support militant attacks. Critics say these biases have led to the community unfairly being targeted in police probes.

The group said torture had become a common tool to gain information, mainly because police and intelligence agencies were overstretched and underequipped.

"The shortcomings of state police forces ... have resulted in ineffectual investigations and widespread abuses in counter-terrorism efforts. Police capacity to collect and analyse forensic evidence is minimal," said the report.

HRW said courts and human rights investigators often appeared uninterested or ineffectual in pursuing violations.

Indian authorities deny there is official complicity in such abuses, adding that those found guilty of such offences are convicted.

This is not the first time India has been in the spotlight over torture, despite the country's domestic laws and international commitments.

In 2005, the Red Cross told the U.S. embassy in New Delhi of widespread human rights violations by Indian security forces in restive Kashmir, according to a cable released by WikiLeaks and later confirmed by the humanitarian group.

(Reporting by C.J. Kuncheria, editing by Nita Bhalla and Sanjeev Miglani)

Indian torture tactics may boost militancy - HRW | Reuters

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom