What's new

How to sink an AirCraft Carrier

pak-yes

Reaction score
I was just wondering what is the necessary technology and the best way to sink an aricraft carrier.Is the Air attacks good or is the sub warfare more good to sink an aircraft carrier.

Air attack no way. Its a aircraft carrier. Means you will encounter some of the best aircraft if you want aerial attack. I will consider subs. but the thing is aircraft carrier don't usually travel alone. So first you'll have to takecare of destroyer, cruisers etc.

If a Carrier Group move in littoral Waters, I think a Attack with a Group of Stealth FAC like Onuk MRTP-33/44 can reach Succes.

No idea but if you have seen movie pearl harbour,then there you have seen carriers sanks by Aircrafts bombing.so i think Aircrafts are the only way to sink them.

In my dictionary, only a multiple weapons platform based brute force kind of strategy will help in destroying a carrier. With single weapon, very very hard with all the defensive measures around.

A nuclear tipped cruise missile (or a volley of) should be able to do it.

Attack through sumbarines, air crafts and ships at the same time with anti ship cruise missiles.That should do it.

:azn:i think cruise missiles can destroy an aircraft carrier! like Babur cruise or Ra'ad....:pakistan:

:azn:i think cruise missiles can destroy an aircraft carrier! like Babur cruise or Ra'ad....:pakistan:

Nops, they can't. They have no chance to get passed through the defense coverage of the CBG.

Nops, they can't. They have no chance to get passed through the defense coverage of the CBG.
They certainly can if they are nuclear tipped. P-500 Bazalt and P-700 Granit are example of such nuclear tipped anti-ship cruise missiles.

Last edited:
They certainly can if they are nuclear tipped. P-500 Bazalt and P-700 Granit are example of such nuclear tipped anti-ship cruise missiles.

Well whether its nuclear tipped or not, problem is nowadays with advanced radar systems and AWACS in the skies the launching platform and the weapon itself would get detected from hundreds of miles away, enough time to take counter measures. CBGs operate hundreds of miles away from shores, so targeting it with land based platform would be difficult, and for any sea based platform, it will have to come close and launch such that it doesn't gets detected and the CBG get very minimum time to react to the approaching missile.

But still a good system can still have a chance to target it.

3M-54 Klub (SS-N-27) variants are regarded as one of the most capable AshM, which can be used for this type of operation.

But still lot of other factors to consider making such strike successful.

Best option with higher chances of success, a multi platform multi weapon brute kind of attack.

Well whether its nuclear tipped or not, problem is nowadays with advanced radar systems and AWACS in the skies the launching platform and the weapon itself would get detected from hundreds of miles away, enough time to take counter measures. CBGs operate hundreds of miles away from shores, so targeting it with land based platform would be difficult, and for any sea based platform, it will have to come close and launch such that it doesn't gets detected and the CBG get very minimum time to react to the approaching missile.

But still a good system can still have a chance to target it.

3M-54 Klub (SS-N-27) variants are regarded as one of the most capable AshM, which can be used for this type of operation.

But still lot of other factors to consider making such strike successful.

Best option with higher chances of success, a multi platform multi weapon brute kind of attack.
Correct, however, most of these anti-Ship cruise missiles work along with the other complex electronic measure and counter measure platforms in the air and on the surface. These missiles also receive mid-flight correction from the satellites, Tu-95 even the choppers. This is where the speed of these supersonic missiles also comes handy.

^^^ I agree with PATRIOT.We should fire missile from under sea.Sir taimi what you have to say about this.?

Back
Top Bottom