What's new

How they killed our factories

I have had a pretty mixed experience when it comes to Chinese goods. As long as its a reputed brand - fine, otherwise I stay away from them like poison.
Today's electronics just don't last - all are manufactured in China. It does not matter much either as technology advances so fast these days. But I still have older and functioning non Chinese goods that are 10+years.

Tell me about it....
Few weeks back at IKEA I picked up a "Made in china" pan.Hubby objected and predicted like a Nostradamus that it wont last a week.But...you know me...I am stubborn.:ashamed:
My reasoning was IKEA's products atleast last 6months.But a week later when the "non stick" layer of the pan peeled off ,my hubby was proved right.:(
I guess its the predatory prices that works for the Chinese products....and compared to Indian products the Chinese products are sold at 10-70 percent lower prices.
Our govt better buck up and do something....though its already a lil late.
Talking about the Korean products....KIA motors is what comes to my mind.Just recently I spotted one of their cars which looks exactly like a Lexus...gosh I was really confused for a moment.:girl_wacko:

And while Govt. is strict about regulations for Indian manufacturers, they are lenient on Chinese products. Take the example of BEE ratings, it is mandatory for branded electronics products, but most branded Chinese products sold at Big Bazaar doesn't have them. Japanese & Koreans products follow the rules, but Chinese are cutting cost by violating basic norms and Govt. is silent about it.

And be careful about Chinese stainless steel kitchen utensils like pan, pot, or knife, heavy lead content has been found in many of them.

I have a Chinese cell-phone that has lasted 7 years ! :unsure:

Maybe the Pan didn't like you that much because of your rather brutal use of it in beating the kids, the in-laws & the neighbors into submission ! :undecided:

Or maybe your Hubby, just so he'd be proved right, damaged the pan so that he could then do a Victory Dance proving himself right & proving you wrong ! :ashamed:
:rofl: How do you do this???

But cell phone that lasted 7 years??wow!!! Seems nobody ever calls you:whistle:

Armstrong said:
Or maybe you should realize that when it comes to China - You Get What You Pay; which is to say they've got every grade of quality proportionate to its price available ! :agree:

Right!!!
Now I am thinking of suing the Swedish company IKEA instead. After all they duped me too with their brand name on the Chinese pan.

I have a Chinese cell-phone that has lasted 7 years ! :unsure:

Maybe the Pan didn't like you that much because of your rather brutal use of it in beating the kids, the in-laws & the neighbors into submission ! :undecided:

Or maybe your Hubby, just so he'd be proved right, damaged the pan so that he could then do a Victory Dance proving himself right & proving you wrong ! :ashamed:

Or maybe you should realize that when it comes to China - You Get What You Pay; which is to say they've got every grade of quality proportionate to its price available ! :agree:

They are yet to reach that level of quality control, Chinese products have faced many scandal & bad reputation in US and European markets, these markets are not cheap.

DRAY said:
And while Govt. is strict about regulations for Indian manufacturers, they are lenient on Chinese products. Take the example of BEE ratings, it is mandatory for branded electronics products, but most branded Chinese products sold at Big Bazaar doesn't have them. Japanese & Koreans products follow the rules, but Chinese are cutting cost by violating basic norms and Govt. is silent about it.
I bet our Govt officials are getting paid
for being lenient and silent.

DRAY said:
And be careful about Chinese stainless steel kitchen utensils like pan, pot, or knife, heavy lead content has been found in many of them.
Nooo I dont even buy chinese toys.....but whenever I have made exception I have regretted it later.

They are yet to reach that level of quality control, Chinese products have faced many scandal & bad reputation in US and European markets, these markets are not cheap.

I dunno; my own Uncle imports from China on a regular basis & he gets some really....really high-quality products !

I dunno; my own Uncle imports from China on a regular basis & he gets some really....really high-quality products !

Maybe, but the point of the of the main article was something deeper, is it possible to manufacture the items in Pakistan that your uncle is importing? Then people of Pakistan get jobs, and national wealth doesn't go out to ensure profits for foreign companies.

Back
Top Bottom