What's new

How many people are going to get job from cpec?

Well.wisher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi .
Please tell me number of people getting job in pakistan through cpec ?
Someone told me that it's 7 lakh and 25000 from balochistan?

no one can give you the exact figure. If CPEC becomes successfully the jobs will keep on increasing. new projects will be started . however, it will flood pak with chinese goods which will hamper the growth of domestic industry. the ultimate winner in this whole equation is china that is why cpec is a huge pain in a*s of usa and india. the indian efforts of independent baluchistan have got serious set back with cpec in raheel sharif.:pakistan::china:

Dont you think it would have pain for India if Pakistan is going to benefit from it. Though I agree with you we are going to make peanuts and most of the things are beneficial for China. It is their labor who is working out there. What kind of job are we talking about here btw ? Meager labor ? China is a business man, they will sulk us out and will not give anything in return. Sorry to say but this is the truth and I have high regards for China friendship and the way they are growing.
it is not chinese fault. every country looks after her interests. china will never sacrifice for pak and vice versa.our own corruption and incompetence are the root causes of so many failed projects e.g . saindak and riko diq.

Nobody is going into details of such statistics and this will create some issue in coming days for provincial governments. And will result in small conflict between them & union government, which will further question the deal signed between the state & Chinese govt.

There are few channels who are attempting to discuss this issue but they are labelled anti-national and pro-Indian, which should not happen. :coffee:

Nobody is going into details of such statistics and this will create some issue in coming days for provincial governments. And will result in small conflict between them & union government, which will further question the deal signed between the state & Chinese govt.

There are few channels who are attempting to discuss this issue but they are labelled anti-national and pro-Indian, which should not happen. :coffee:

Exactly .
I'm also suspecting that why are such details not shared with the public .
In one of interview cm balochistan said that it's going to create 25000 jobs for balochistan.

Which I think is very very very less if compared to 7 lakh .

And I don't know 7 lakh is authentic or not .

Hi .
The figures are always estimated

The government 'hopes' 700,000 direct jobs will be created. Many economists estimates mimimum of 2 million direct and indirect jobs will be created

Direct jobs are like: Thousands of workers will be required in running of power plants, thousands of workers for transportation of coal from Karachi to rest of the country, thousands of jobs for Gwadar port and many thousand for loading and unloading of containers. In average size port, even if the entire city of Gwadar starts loading and unloading containers, you need more people to do this job alone

Indirect jobs: The demand of cement industry will rise for example and they will increase their capacity to meet the requirement and create jobs which has got nothing to do with CPEC directly but interlinked

Please don't worry, Balochistan will get significant jobs as about 60% of cpec project is linked with Balochistan alone. So many industries will thrive such as the hospitality industry but it is too early to give appropximate figure for total number of jobs

Hi .
Isn't a better question, "How many Pakistanis are starting new businesses because of cpec?" Because it's usually new small businesses that drive economic growth and the feeling of personal independence and achievement most.

Just wrong estimates. may be 200,000 at max.

BTW welcome back.

Last edited:
Of course Whole Pakistan .
Hypothetically speaking

If you are extracting 6.5 million tons of coal per annum from thar coal project, you need thousands of people to extract coal. In average coal power project you probabaly create 30% jobs for power project, 30% for transportation and another 30-40% for mining so you are talking aboit thousands of jobs from each project.

Then we talk about Gwadar port, International Airport and the planned city of Gwadar. Many Airports in the world alone creates 30,000 - 40,000 direct and 120,000 indirect jobs so I guess even if Gwadar is just 20% of larger Airports, expect minimum of 20% jobs... Thats mimimum of half million jobs in total we are talking about and millions of indirect jobs as is evident from the project. There will be plenty of industrial parks, free zones and factories established along the route for both domestic and International trade and will create huge number of jobs

Hypothetically speaking

If you are extracting 6.5 million tons of coal per annum from thar coal project, you need thousands of people to extract coal. In average coal power project you probabaly create 30% jobs for power project, 30% for transportation and another 30-40% for mining so you are talking aboit thousands of jobs from each project.

Then we talk about Gwadar port, International Airport and the planned city of Gwadar. Many Airports in the world alone creates 30,000 - 40,000 direct and 120,000 indirect jobs so I guess even if Gwadar is just 20% of larger Airports, expect minimum of 20% jobs... Thats mimimum of half million jobs in total we are talking about and millions of indirect jobs as is evident from the project. There will be plenty of industrial parks, free zones and factories established along the route for both domestic and International trade and will create huge number of jobs

Well. i was talking about 200,000 direct Jobs. and even i agree that this CPEC portfolio will create some 350-400k Jobs. but i don't think that all those jobs will be available for Pakistani Citizens.

Why ?

As the main management will be that of "company" which in-actual is investing in a particular project here. so deduct atleast 5 % Jobs.
then, many "posts, duties" require very skilled and professional labor. which Pakistan (at this time) lack. deduct another 25-30% Jobs.

As per my thought, for now and coming 10 years, only 50-60% of Jobs will be available for Pakistani Citizens out of the total Jobs created by CPEC.
and Ofcourse this ratio will change with Passage of time. Hope for 80% atleast in 2028 and onward. But still i doubt this figure of 700k direct jobs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom