What's new

How life is improving in India's poorest regions

Jean Dreze is not bias free while hailing the success of populist schemes. He's a pakka congressi. His own bias is in favor of such schemes and he's been part of some of these. His own bias should be noted.

The survey results are encouraging but nonetheless I dont see them mentioning even one of our North eastern states.Why are they regularly avoided by our government or just any media??
But still good to see that poverty stricken Orissa and Chattisgarh are faring well.

Jean Dreze is not bias free while hailing the success of populist schemes. He's a pakka congressi. His own bias is in favor of such schemes and he's been part of some of these. His own bias should be noted.

yeah..i did not like the part where he mentioned "welfare system"

The survey results are encouraging but nonetheless I dont see them mentioning even one of our North eastern states.Why are they regularly avoided by our government or just any media??
But still good to see that poverty stricken Orissa and Chattisgarh are faring well.

The North-East has always been in the fringes of the mainstream Indian imagination.

Whether it be culture, films and economic status.

Socially, the North-Easterners perform better than mainland indians. Gender equity, educational factors etc.

Socially, the North-Easterners perform better than mainland indians. Gender equity, educational factors etc.

Gender equality.....yes.
Compared to the north Indian states the north eastern states have more gender equality.
But quality of education ??I have my doubts.

Gender equality.....yes.
Compared to the north Indian states the north eastern states have more gender equality.
But quality of education ??I have my doubts.

There are more people who are educated. Quality in Education throughout India is a joke. Partly due to infrastructure, partly due to the culture where rote learning and group think is encouraged and individual flair is discouraged.

A lot of the blame goes to the center for actually not giving a damn about North-East.

Only now, have they actually started contemplated national highways linking the region.

:-)

North Eastern part of India continues to languish in the absence of proper infrastructure and adequate support systems.
With scanty institutions offering technical education in eight states of North Eastern India...that too with several constraints....hampered the creation of right human resource base for region’s economic development.
There are more people who are educated. Quality in Education throughout India is a joke. Partly due to infrastructure, partly due to the culture where rote learning and group think is encouraged and individual flair is discouraged.

A lot of the blame goes to the center for actually not giving a damn about North-East.

Only now, have they actually started contemplated national highways linking the region.

:-)
Partly true....
As far as technical education is concerned then some of the best technical and engineering minds of the world were trained
in India's renowned institutes of technology. Nohhh??

North Eastern part of India continues to languish in the absence of proper infrastructure and adequate support systems.
With scanty institutions offering technical education in eight states of North Eastern India...that too with several constraints....hampered the creation of right human resource base for region’s economic development.

Partly true....
As far as technical education is concerned then some of the best technical and engineering minds of the world were trained
in India's renowned institutes of technology. Nohhh??

In my argument, we need to improve our primary and secondary education by a lot.

The IIt's still only cater to a minor section of Indian society.

Primary and secondary education lays a solid foundation from where we can build.

The type of education that allows the citizens to dissect the existing cultural prejudices :)

Some states, like Tamil Nadu, have a good record of efficient and equitable public services across the board.
That's bullsh!t. I've been trying to get a patta for my land from the concerned government department for the past 5 years but I'm still at square one. Bribes! And I ain't gonna give any! Period!

You wanna build a house? No way unless you bribe the powers that be in the Municipality and various departments for the necessary sanctions.

And it says that Tamil Nadu has a good record of efficient and equitable public services across the board?? :pissed: Jeeez!

yeah,the situation is improving at a very fast rate in rural areas,i have experienced it myself......:-).

@Ravi Nair @levina @KRAIT N.E have only about 3%( read it somewhere, not sure though) seats share in the general assembly. isn't it obvious that our vote bank specific political parties will consider this as a small portion and their development will be their last priority?? just a thought :what:

:rofl: India's most advanced state is still 3rd world.

yes and you are still dog and cat meat eater who will mercilessly torture and ghastly kill a dog despite whatever progress you make.

we know you puny muslim boot0lickers, you will never ever malign, demonize or target non-Chinese Muslims. you will only indirectly target and backstab and be ungrateful to non-Muslims. your end is very near because you are allies of Muslims.everybody can see what is happening to the Muslim world.

The most important crucial factor that is never mentioned is that India's economy is ten times the size of that of Pakistan's for a population 6.5-7 times as large but the land is only three times as large. even China is two and half times bigger than India in size. this most important point is missed.

Last edited:
@Ravi Nair @levina @KRAIT N.E have only about 3%( read it somewhere, not sure though) seats share in the general assembly. isn't it obvious that our vote bank specific political parties will consider this as a small portion and their development will be their last priority?? just a thought :what:
24 seats out of 543 seats in Lok sabha are allotted to NE states.Assam enjoys 12 seats while states like Nagaland and Mizoram can send just 1 representative.
You are right vote bank politics at its best.:dirol:

Last edited:
24 seats out of 543 seats in Lok sabha are allotted to NE states.Assam enjoys 12 seats while states like Nagaland and Mizoram can send just 1 representative.
You are right vote bank politics at its best.:dirol:
North East is really beautiful and lovely Place. Truly a paradise unexplored. People over there are also very friendly. Every state has it's own unique trait but I must say Sikkim, Meghalaya and Arunachal are real heart stealer. Every person who see these state as underdeveloped is only b'coz our government in the center don't pay attention to these place because of the obvious stated reasons.:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom