What's new

How India society is gonna develop if can't treat women equally?

@wanglaokan Women have always been oppressed in India, its a cultural thing.
You would be surprised to know that in India before independance there used to be a practice called SATI ( Sati (practice) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

When a husband died, his wife was forcibly thrown over his burning body because her mission in life was finished after her husbands death.

It was only banned during the British era in 19th century. Some Muslim rulers tried to abolish it but got such a violent response from Hindus that they were forced to back off.
No it was not cultural thing at all but yes some thekedaar in old days tried it to shove down in throats of ppl .... Later we only corrected that thru social enlightenment of ppl n btw no invader came here to rescue them ....
Now since you show genuine sympathy towards Indian can I bring topic how many women were raped by Muslim invaders ...? You know what happened with the daughters of raja dahir ? Do you wish me too paste here all those links about sex slave a cultural thing of some religion?
Rape is indeed a horrific crime n there can't be a approach of washing hands by giving some statistics with what rank India holds worldwide.... We must do whatever is to be done to stop this menace.....
Rape n such rapists has no place in my country n my society....

Still the ratio of rape is very low even in Delhi compared to other countries but high compared to India. Reason may be many. Perhaps the metro culture. However, Now we are fully focusing to reduce that and you will witness a sharp decline in near future.

In India, if you touch a girl without her permission than it is a rape. Look at Tarun Tejpal case. While getting down from 3rd floor to ground floor in lift together , a journalist girl charged his editor that he did some unacceptable gesture with her and editor is in jail for rape case.
I believe the new goverment will seriously address it, hope it will get fine. Why do you think the BBC is so indulged in resporting the rapes case in Dehi? Or didi they twist the facts in the documentary?

Look Guys,

Any rape is an evil act. It is a crime against the humanity. We must fight it out together to finish it. Rape happens everywhere and saying that your country has higher rape ration doesn't prove anything. Let us condemn that together.

No, that's the 'Should be China' in your mind. Not in the reality.
Really?....then why the Chinese govt. is afraid of publishing any kind of statistics concerning rapes and other crimes and doesn't let any other organisation do so??

Last edited:
I believe the new goverment will seriously address it, hope it will get fine. Why do you think the BBC is so indulged in resporting the rapes case in Dehi? Or didi they twist the facts in the documentary?

I have not seen the documentary so I can not say but to show a criminal justifying his act saying that good girls do not come out in night is rubbish. The idea of a criminal is not the thought of civil society. If one criminal says that good girls do not come out in night doesn't at all mean that it is either a situation in India or civil society believe that.

Do you think the women raped has responsibility because she did't have family members company hanging out in the night?

No I dont, I believe that women should and must have every right that men has in every field and also probably better then men.... What I want you to understand is Rape isnt typical Indian crime, it happens in every other place all over the world and in a much greater extent then here in India.... Rape is a crime and rapist are a disease of humanity, treat it like one.... Dont hype it with an Indian angle

Thanks

If you see the documentary, the lawyer for rapers said that He will burn her daughter in front of family members if she had pre-marital sex. How this kind of shit could come out of a lawyer's mouth without punished?

If you see the documentary, the lawyer for rapers said that He will burn her daughter in front of family members if she had pre-marital sex. How this kind of shit could come out of a lawyer's mouth without punished?

Yes his statement was there in indian media also and was highly criticized by our civil society with single voice.

The only way of change is education, and the people shall change their stubborn mind-set and removes those bad practice in the tradition.

The only way of change is education, and the people shall change their stubborn mind-set and removes those bad practice in the tradition.

Thats correct.... pre-maritial sex is still considerd bad in backward villages and few societies here... Education is the key for rapist mindset everywhere

新闻视频_最新新闻事件报道_最新新闻视频在线观看_新浪视频

When i saw the video, i get shocked. If a girl hang out after 6pm means she shall be raped by men with impunity, how can a society develop? RIP to the victim. This is absolutely a huge crime. I'm not here to flame bait or provoke, i just wanna talk how Indians percieve the rapes of girls in India. When i saw the mother sob, my heart is get worn up.

I think i appreciate India society is very traditional and conservative, but it does't justify the activity of rapes against women who shall have the human rights given by the consitutions.

If i were a girl, i think i won't dare to travel to India and hang out even in Dehli in the night. That make the girl a ideal prey for the rapers.

Why a girl can't hang out with her male friends or along in the night in Indian cuture?

A woman is safer in India compared to China, since India has lesser number of rapes per year compared to China both in absolute terms and number of incidents per 100,000 of population. But yes, even one rape is unfortunate. Btw, those convicts in Delhi rape case are facing death sentence.

when a boy is born, the family members are happy. When a girl born, they feel not that happy. Doesn't all the men given birth by his mom? If there is no woman, where those rapers come from.

It is a major problem in China too, Chinese parents also have a bias towards male child and female foeticide happens there. Do check.

Action is being taken against both the lawyers.

新闻视频_最新新闻事件报道_最新新闻视频在线观看_新浪视频

When i saw the video, i get shocked. If a girl hang out after 6pm means she shall be raped by men with impunity, how can a society develop? RIP to the victim. This is absolutely a huge crime. I'm not here to flame bait or provoke, i just wanna talk how Indians percieve the rapes of girls in India. When i saw the mother sob, my heart is get worn up.

India is trying to move into the 21st century

Raper are strongly contempted in China, no one will blame the victim.

Whats a raper ? o_O

Look Guys,

Any rape is an evil act. It is a crime against the humanity. We must fight it out together to finish it. Rape happens everywhere and saying that your country has higher rape ration doesn't prove anything. Let us condemn that together.

Thank you. Finally a sane comment.

Now lets just stop continuing this thread.

And how is this related to military matters anyways?!

Back
Top Bottom