What's new

How good are Russian Air Force Pilots

echo 1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys,

I have not seen a thread about Russian Air Force Pilots so I wanted to start one. Im sure we have all seen many videos about the Russian aircraft and how much they have accomplished but we never hear about how good their pilots. So this thread is meant to cover information regarding

1) Pilot training
2) Air to air tactics
3) Gear
and so on.

This is not a who is better then who thread but an information pool. Discuss and learn from each other.

dude don't be rude, i just ask a question, how u say ?? these are good, explain, don't be angry

Ok. :lol:, Well.!! i wasn't angry.

No one is saying they are good. The OP is actually asking "how good are they ?" . which is basically a Question, not a claim.

Nobody tries to mess with them. They are too good. You do not need to fight the war to prove that. If Your enemy will fear from you, you are good.

Common sense suggests if a country is manufacturing fighter aircrafts for over 70 years now, have fought both world wars, have consistently produced world class fighter planes and continues the legecy even now and is always feared by its adversaries to come up with a befitting answer to any technological or physical development of its adversaries...Hell yea it must have been producing equally good fighter pilots because a masterpiece fighter plane is not born out of a good engineer's mind alone...it is the brain child of a fighter pilot who demands for a certain product and when a raw product or a prototype is developed he put his life at risk to assess its pros and cons and then tell the engineers how close they came up to the pilot's dream...If i go by this notion then YES Russians must be hell of fighter pilots...

These guys have remained a mystery like no other. We have see what they are capable of, Syria was the center stage and they blew the world away. Also lets not forget the Korean and Vietnam war. In both wars they managed to surprise the west with their aircraft's and tactics. But I want to learn more about their tactics and how they they are using their aircraft. Specifically with their thrust-vector aircrafts

These guys have remained a mystery like no other. We have see what they are capable of, Syria was the center stage and they blew the world away. Also lets not forget the Korean and Vietnam war. In both wars they managed to surprise the west with their aircraft's and tactics. But I want to learn more about their tactics and how they they are using their aircraft. Specifically with their thrust-vector aircrafts
You are right sir?

Ok. :lol:, Well.!! i wasn't angry.

No one is saying they are good. The OP is actually asking "how good are they ?" . which is basically a Question, not a claim.
ok but i have no answer :yahoo:

ok but i have no answer :yahoo:

Doesn't matter. when i was you i.e; "a naive to PDF" . i used to think "yaar ye in logo ko itna sab kesy aata hay. mujhy to khak v nahe pata". But with passage of time, You learn things.

Doesn't matter. when i was you i.e; "a naive to PDF" . i used to think "yaar ye in logo ko itna sab kesy aata hay. mujhy to khak v nahe pata". But with passage of time, You learn things.
kuch aaie ya na aaie, hum musalman hain, Allah pr trust hi hmara sb kuch hai, agr hm apnai Allah pr trust krk kisi bhi jga jaie, yaqeenan kamayab ho gai, bhla germuslims ka muslims k sath kia muqabla.

How u can say Russian air force is good?
In Syria, Russia AF set up a forward command in few days at a small airstrip, move in 4 dozen aircraft, invite media to watch the whole thing, and begin combat operations with their air force that hadn't flown against an enemy in over 25 years.

Read about Russian Air Force in Syrian Campaign to get an idea.

The only pilots in the world who would drink loads of Vodka at night and would jump in the cockpit in the morning ...

Nobody tries to mess with them. They are too good. You do not need to fight the war to prove that. If Your enemy will fear from you, you are good.
We messed with them during Afghan was and shot down around 11 of their fighter aircrafts to zero. One of the pilot was colonel and later on became the assistant defence minister, unfortunately don't remember his name.

The F16 we lost was due to friendly firing and Russians never claimed either.

In Syria, Russia AF set up a forward command in few days at a small airstrip, move in 4 dozen aircraft, invite media to watch the whole thing, and begin combat operations with their air force that hadn't flown against an enemy in over 25 years.

Read about Russian Air Force in Syrian Campaign to get an idea.

Any airforce can bomb the rebels and isis and achieve success.Its impossible not to when your enemy has no SAMs.

Back
Top Bottom