What's new

How Effective Is China's New Anti-Stealth Radar System, Really?

Pakistan needs anti-stealth systems like these, especially after that abbottabad stealth helicopter infiltration fiasco.

I am amazed at people who still believe that the Abbottabad operation was without the prior knowledge and approval of PakMil.

I am amazed at people who still believe that the Abbottabad operation was without the prior knowledge and approval of PakMil.
4eb234c65a613d6ca143e7eca27a3eb7.jpg

Sorry but Americans do literally everything they want in your country without approval of Pakistan, not to mention this mission never took place.

Sorry but Americans do literally everything they want in your country without approval of Pakistan, not to mention this mission never took place.

Had that been the case, the 'Americans' would not have had to pay for Raymond Davis's release!! Only the first part of your statement is correct, if read with 'with fair compensation as per the GoP standards'.

Denial of your weakness makes defeat certain. Pakistan's borders are susceptible to terrain following stealth helicopters and that must change. Wether classified systems/methods are in place now to counter that threat cannot be known, but what can be determined is that stealth infiltrators are a threat and deployment of such anti-stealth systems is a step closer to filling that gap in the defense matrix.

Denial of your weakness makes defeat certain. Pakistan's borders are susceptible to terrain following stealth helicopters and that must change. Wether classified systems/methods are in place now to counter that threat cannot be known, but what can be determined is that stealth infiltrators are a threat and deployment of such anti-stealth systems is a step closer to filling that gap in the defense matrix.

That we cannot yet detect stealth, I have no doubt of it. However, it does not take a miracle child to put 2 and 2 together in case an operation is conducted by US special forces in a town that is hardly a few clicks from a garrison from which the security forces would respond to the threat instantaneously and at the highest priority. Even more important are the transcripts of interrogations and interviews of the residents of that town where the consensus is that military had laid a siege on the town a few hours before any operation and that everyone was ordered to remain indoors, that a curfew was in effect and that electricity, phone and mobile phone towers were switched off.

The super power can do anything it wants as long as it stays in the air, but the moment it lands boots on the ground, it is almost fair play, almost. That is one mistake that the US will never commit, that is ground combat because that would not only expose its weakness against a well trained, professional and committed Army but also take away any and all excuses that any GoP would have to remain allied to the US.

That we cannot yet detect stealth, I have no doubt of it. However, it does not take a miracle child to put 2 and 2 together in case an operation is conducted by US special forces in a town that is hardly a few clicks from a garrison from which the security forces would respond to the threat instantaneously and at the highest priority. Even more important are the transcripts of interrogations and interviews of the residents of that town where the consensus is that military had laid a siege on the town a few hours before any operation and that everyone was ordered to remain indoors, that a curfew was in effect and that electricity, phone and mobile phone towers were switched off.

The super power can do anything it wants as long as it stays in the air, but the moment it lands boots on the ground, it is almost fair play, almost. That is one mistake that the US will never commit, that is ground combat because that would not only expose its weakness against a well trained, professional and committed Army but also take away any and all excuses that any GoP would have to remain allied to the US.

Look, I'm not debating wether the infiltration was by consent or not. That would be off-topic. I don't think it was and it is very shameful that a foreign country can come and go into our country at will and bomb it's citizens at will. Pakistan needs to grow a pair and develop indigenous counter measures to stealth, as well as asserting political will (start by hanging the spineless cowards like Nawaz, Zardari, Bilawal, Fazlu etc). Pakistan has a Vera passive anti-stealth system on lease for testing. I say reverse-engineer the bloody thing, and start manufacturing them. If not, then get ToT from China for the system mentioned in the thread and start manufacturing.

Look, I'm not debating wether the infiltration was by consent or not. That would be off-topic. I don't think it was and it is very shameful that a foreign country can come and go into our country at will and bomb it's citizens at will. Pakistan needs to grow a pair and develop indigenous counter measures to stealth, as well as asserting political will (start by hanging the spineless cowards like Nawaz, Zardari, Bilawal, Fazlu etc). Pakistan has a Vera passive anti-stealth system on lease for testing. I say reverse-engineer the bloody thing, and start manufacturing them. If not, then get ToT from China for the system mentioned in the thread and start manufacturing.

My friend, I seriously doubt even the Chinese, Russians, Germans or French can detect US stealth helos flying under radar coverage or with their ECM/ECCM suites shielding them from radars as well as terrain hugging and other techniques etc., the US is just decades ahead of us all and there is no shame in admitting the truth.

Fact is, as I stated earlier, the US can most likely do a lot of things in the air and from the air in almost every part of the world. It is after all the sole super power, by a big margin.

My friend, I seriously doubt even the Chinese, Russians, Germans or French can detect US stealth helos flying under radar coverage or with their ECM/ECCM suites shielding them from radars as well as terrain hugging and other techniques etc., the US is just decades ahead of us all and there is no shame in admitting the truth.

Fact is, as I stated earlier, the US can most likely do a lot of things in the air and from the air in almost every part of the world. It is after all the sole super power, by a big margin.
That is one stupid and funny claim.

Stealth helicopters do not exist to such a combat relevant RCS not to mention that you somehow think a helicopter can stay stealth when using ECM activaley which any 1960s old ADS will immidiatley catch on since you are emiting constantly electromagnetic waves.

NoE flights render most ADS systems operating in Pulse Doppler Radar regimes, useless or uneffective while low altitude radars mounted on high extractable masts like Russia and China use specifically designed to track low altitude flying aircrafts and Cruise Missiles with lowered RCS included will without doubt see anything as big and with the big RCS helicopters have due their design and the angles they have regardless if Stealth or not will reflect radar waves far better than LO Cruise Missiles.

If any country has the ability to track any kind of aircraft then it is the russians which have far more radars operating in different regimes as anyone else.

Further they are the only today operating combat relevant EMP vehicles.

Электромагнитное оружие: в чем российская армия опередила конкурентов - ВПК.name

Up to 300km EMP that can turn of any fine electronics.

Fact is that you clearly have no idea about US capabilities which were screwed with their "Air superiority" by little Serbia with 1970s technology. The entire Air campaign was rendered useless by tactics deployed by Serbians, almost no casualties among military and especially among SAM and ADS units, which the US after that started bombing civilians.

As effective as the Chinese would like to believe. It is all in the mind. And yes, Pakistan should spend her hard earned money on this Chinese system.

Hi,

Pak does not have to worry about the stealth aircraft---the su 30 is a very visible aircraft as well as Mig29 ----. As for the Chinese tech---there would be more concern if they had a2a or a to surface to air missiles that could lock onto the stealth aircraft---

Hi,

Pak does not have to worry about the stealth aircraft---the su 30 is a very visible aircraft as well as Mig29 ----. As for the Chinese tech---there would be more concern if they had a2a or a to surface to air missiles that could lock onto the stealth aircraft---
You clearly don't understand how missiles work. Stealth only lowers RCS, missiles are guided by radars of AWACS and ground radars for SAMs and they can lockon any target. "Stealth" are mainly shaped to scatter radars against other aircrafts but have problems against ground based radars not to mention VHF bandwidth or L-band radars.

So what the difference between this Chinese passive system and the RWR radar warning receiver?. can some one shed some light please.

You clearly don't understand how missiles work. Stealth only lowers RCS, missiles are guided by radars of AWACS and ground radars for SAMs and they can lockon any target. "Stealth" are mainly shaped to scatter radars against other aircrafts but have problems against ground based radars not to mention VHF bandwidth or L-band radars.
From what I read, YOU are the ignorant one, friend. That VHF or 'long wavelengths' arguments have been debunked a long time ago. None of the smart people on this forum take that seriously anymore. But if you want to debate, I think that with 18yrs of aviation experience, in and out of the USAF, I can provide the readers some entertainment in debunking you. So pick a subject.

So what the difference between this Chinese passive system and the RWR radar warning receiver?. can some one shed some light please.
In principles of radar operations -- none.

Last edited:
That is one stupid and funny claim.

It is not a claim, it is an astute observation after extensive research. And I find the choice of your words quite amusing especially since the US stealth Helos have no known history of being tracked by radars. I, then, wonder what prompted you to be so factual, and 'authoritative' on the subject.

Stealth helicopters do not exist to such a combat relevant RCS not to mention that you somehow think a helicopter can stay stealth when using ECM activaley which any 1960s old ADS will immidiatley catch on since you are emiting constantly electromagnetic waves.

NoE flights render most ADS systems operating in Pulse Doppler Radar regimes, useless or uneffective while low altitude radars mounted on high extractable masts like Russia and China use specifically designed to track low altitude flying aircrafts and Cruise Missiles with lowered RCS included will without doubt see anything as big and with the big RCS helicopters have due their design and the angles they have regardless if Stealth or not will reflect radar waves far better than LO Cruise Missiles.

If any country has the ability to track any kind of aircraft then it is the russians which have far more radars operating in different regimes as anyone else.

Further they are the only today operating combat relevant EMP vehicles.

Электромагнитное оружие: в чем российская армия опередила конкурентов - ВПК.name

Up to 300km EMP that can turn of any fine electronics.

Fact is that you clearly have no idea about US capabilities which were screwed with their "Air superiority" by little Serbia with 1970s technology. The entire Air campaign was rendered useless by tactics deployed by Serbians, almost no casualties among military and especially among SAM and ADS units, which the US after that started bombing civilians.

You might wanna read up more on the US stealth technology. Stealth does not only consist of physical attributes, it is a combination of them along with electronic countermeasures etc., that protect the vehicle from detection. I was once reading up an account of an F-15/F-16 pilot who was up against the F-22 and he said that even though he could physically see the jet in front of him, his radar could not see or target it. That is the power of electronic countermeasures.

Actually, I am hoping that you understand that stealth does not mean that the vehicle is absolutely hidden from radars, what it actually means is that at the operational range of the Jet to engage the threat, the stealth vehicle is of such low RCS, due to physical + electronic features, that it is 'hidden' from the radars up to a certain point.

Back
Top Bottom