How do Muslim population in Islamic countries want women to dress- study

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
o-HIJAB-570.jpg

original.jpg

A visit to any Muslim-majority country will quickly reveal the variations that exist when it comes to appropriate female attire. But what do most residents consider most appropriate?

The University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research conducted a study in seven Muslim-majority countries which asked the question "Which one of these women is dressed most appropriately for public places?"

Female Muslim Dress Survey Reveals Wide Range Of Preferences On Hijab, Burqa, Niqab, And More

Last edited:
the medieval society considers Cattles,Land and Women-Children as "Properties" and clearly properties are belongings of a Man. so, from their archaic view of freedom, women even allowed to get food and be alive is great enough. I am talking about the pure barbarian society which existed in the present Israel-Arabian geographical region. the religion obviously will contain the traits of the uncivilized people there. this enforcement(muslims will deny ofcourse!) of dress code on women is just an extension of showing the ownership on them. they are second or third class with the primary use which everyone knows.

Last edited:
If truly reflective of the larger society as a whole - Most unfortunate !

Thankfully most of what they 'want' doesn't translate into what is there at least in the case of Pakistan where an overwhelming percentage of the women, based on anecdotal evidence, are at 5 with the rest being perhaps equitably if not equally divided between 6 on one side & 1-4 on the other !

the medieval society considers Cattles,Land and Women-Children as "Properties" and clearly properties are belongings of a Man. so, from their archaic view of freedom, women even allowed to get food and be alive is great enough. I am talking about the pure barbarian society which existed in the present Israel-Arabian geographical region. the religion obviously will contain the traits of the uncivilized people there.

Its just a view on clothes and one must stick to that. A lot of other examples can be given in other cultures who have nothing to do from that area.

many muslims have an argument that civilized people need to dress up; its the uncivilized that shed clothes. this is a valid argument.

But the strange thing is in Pakistan. Pakistani women used to dress like the lady at number 5, even that is not considered ok by a majority.

Last edited:
Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... hmmm.... :disagree:

Would have been interesting to know what Iran would have voted for.

If truly reflective of the larger society as a whole - Most unfortunate !

Thankfully most of what they 'want' doesn't translate into what is there at least in the case of Pakistan where an overwhelming percentage of the women, based on anecdotal evidence, are at 5 with the rest being perhaps equitably if not equally divided between 6 on one side & 1-4 on the other !
Its just a view on clothes and one must stick to that. A lot of other examples can be given in other cultures who have nothing to do from that area.

many muslims have an argument that civilized people need to dress up; its the uncivilized that shed clothes. this is a valid argument.

But the strange thing is in Pakistan. Pakistani women used to dress like the lady at number 5, even that is not considered ok by a majority.

added new image
original.jpg

The second image study is not what I expected from pakistan.

If you ever watched Imran Khan and Pak cricket in the heydays, you would have see the women in the stands( beautiful girls, western attires) and now even the Iraqis are higher than pakistan in allowing women to choose their own clothes.

The older pakistani's will know what I mean... the country is trending more towards being like KSA in it culture wars.

And this is relevant to what I posted in what way ?

Clearly dismissing of your anecdotal evidence.

Clearly dismissing of your anecdotal evidence.

First off I see that 'anecdotal evidence' with my own two eyes when I visit different cities of this country !

Secondly they're talking about 'what should be' not what 'is' !

And Thirdly - I'd very much like to know what the sample size was so please do post the link of each of those charts !

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... hmmm.... :disagree:

What do you mean by :disagree: How is it your business anyway. Don't you think women getting raped in india on daily basis a big issue that should be looked into instead of agree or disagree on muslim dress code.

First off I see that 'anecdotal evidence' with my own two eyes when I visit different cities of this country !

And Thirdly - I'd very much like to know what the sample size was so please do post the link of each of those charts !

the sample size for Pakistan is around 3500.

anecdotal evidence is just your perception

and the link has data samples- you can simply move your mouse over it and press the left click button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom