What's new

How can we get the Iranian Air Force to buy new fighter jets?

IR5

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I get sad every time I open Wikipedia and see what IRIAF has for aircraft.
Iran has money, why not buy it because of poor purchasing strategy.

Therefore, I would start a campaign to get IRIAF to check on the matter anyway.
Do not think that I'm kidding, but the 1000 message to the armed forces should make a difference.

Even if it does not meet our requirements so it should think about it.
Now I'm not kidding, take me seriously.

Do not think that I'm kidding, but the 1000 message to the armed forces should make a difference.

It is not IRIAF's fault at all. Iran is sanctioned, and purchase of fighters is not possible, unless mullahs change their crazy behavior and became civilized.

Iran has the money and the human resources to buy and maintain sophisticated weapons.All to evident by the way Iranian have managed to keep their F-14s flying even after sanctions and stopping of support from OEM.
Maybe it's about how the Iranian leadership likes to keep their armed forces.Concentrating on ground and missile forces.
However if Iran wants,it can buy the latest Russian combat jets as Iran has quite good relations with Russia.
If the ties with the west improve,Most probably Iran can buy the best european equipment as it has all the money it needs.
The issue with Iranian Air force seems to be a lack of political will and consent more than anything else.

I do not think anything short term.
Sanctions may disappear this year because of rouhanis friendly policy.
I think we can get IRIAF to think about and have new aircraft for purchase as a priority.

I do not think anything short term.
Sanctions may disappear this year because of rouhanis friendly policy.
I think we can get IRIAF to think about and have new aircraft for purchase as a priority.
military sanctions are different from nuclear related sanctions. military sanctions are not going to be removed

We build our own . period .

except Saeghe no plan has reached its final production model . u shall wait

LolZ :lol:
Wrote wrong!
Correction!
MiG-35 was that..

I think the Mikoyan MiG-35 would be excellent for replacing light aircraft like the F-5 and Mikoyan MiG-29, while the Sukhoi Su-30 would have been perfect to replace the F-14 and F4.

It would give us a crushing air force.
That's what I want us to get up to those in power.

Last edited:
If you pay, you get everything you want.
No, you won't.
There are only 2 scenarios.
Either change your policies and avoid terrorism, ... then you may buy some fighter. second option is building your own aircrafts, which Iran can only make some crappy fighters, since Iran has not the technology. Mass-manufacture is another problem which Iran cannot handle it, since has not the heavy industry backbone. like the saegheh, azarakh which after all these years, has not been mass-produced.

So ..
How can we get our message to the IRIAF?
IRAF is not as professional as other major international air forces.

I'm sure in all cases that we can get those to think about in terms of armament policy.

Maybe China will be the one to help modernize the IRAF, should their prototype air systems succeed?

Russia wouldn't even deliver a defensive S-300 AA system due to political backroom agreements, so China seems like a likely future supplier, unless I am missing something, which happens.

not gonna happen as Iran parliament After Iraq-Iran War passed a law that if Air Force want new air planes they must build them themselves

The thing you guys are forgetting is islamic regime don't believe conventional army's power to stop an invasion in their eyes most effective way is religious para-military organizations :Islamic Regime Guards , Basij , Hezballoh etc. First for protecting regime itself from fellow citizens and second using insurgent tactics afterwards of an invasion thats why they don't give a damn about convetional army in their eyes its useless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom