Hokuriku Shinkansen train unveiled

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
NSP0044140622.NSK.jpg

HAKUSAN, Ishikawa (Jiji Press)—West Japan Railway Co. unveiled Sunday train cars to be used for the Hokuriku Shinkansen high-speed rail line that will open next spring.
The brand-new Series W7 cars, shown to the media at a rail yard in Hakusan, Ishikawa Prefecture, have a streamline shape with blue and copper-colored lines on the body.

The cars have a Japanese-style interior. The inner wall of the “grand-class” car, equipped with wider seats than in other cars, has a red lacquer-like design.

The Hokuriku Shinkansen Line will come into service in a section between Nagano and Ishikawa’s Kanazawa, extending the existing Nagano Shinkansen Line. With a maximum speed of 260 kilometers per hour, the Hokuriku Shinkansen train will travel between Tokyo and Kanazawa in about two and a half hours.

Hokuriku Shinkansen train unveiled - The Japan News

NSP0044140622.NSK.jpg

The cars have a Japanese-style interior. The inner wall of the “grand-class” car, equipped with wider seats than in other cars, has a red lacquer-like design.

The Hokuriku Shinkansen Line will come into service in a section between Nagano and Ishikawa’s Kanazawa, extending the existing Nagano Shinkansen Line. With a maximum speed of 260 kilometers per hour, the Hokuriku Shinkansen train will travel between Tokyo and Kanazawa in about two and a half hours.

Hokuriku Shinkansen train unveiled - The Japan News
Does Japan high-speed train running over 300 km/hour in any commercial line?

In China commercial lines, there'r usually 250 km/hour, i didn't see any 300km/hour CRH yet.
13_3.jpg

Only in test running CRH reached >300km/hour, obviously CRH reduce max speed in commercial line.
A22.jpg

20100110_7212b6b4e77ab319ef3f0Wp3x4wwdBg5.jpg

Last edited:
Interior:

fvKDc1C.jpg

dsc01806wp.jpg
That's nice but can you tell me the cost of traveling per km? It could be the same as the air fare if not more. Third world countries won't be able to afford this luxury. It may not be viable out here.

That's nice but can you tell me the cost of traveling per km? It could be the same as the air fare if not more. Third world countries won't be able to afford this luxury. It may not be viable out here.

It's affordable, in my opinion. The price ranges but a one way fare should be around 12,000 yen ($127)to 24,000 yen ($235).

Frequency is usually every 10-20 minutes.

Good looking train! I dd not experienced Shinkansen since my holiday were limited to the Kansai region, but all Japanese trains were spot-on in service & schedule. I look forward to it when I go back to Japan for another holiday.

Back
Top Bottom