What's new

Hoax? If Mars and other space missions were real, why is India unable to create lesser products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you explain that while India claims to travel such enormous distance in outer space but is unable to create products requiring much less ingenuity like

1. military arms and equipments

We indeed produce our arms and equipment. We import a lot as well.

2. mobile phones, computers

Its a question of scale and economics. Mobile Phones and Computers use semiconductor chips which require huge capital to produce. Plus unless you are producing them in bulk you are not going to make profit. Wonder why advanced countries like UK/France/Canada still rely on Taiwan and Japan for their chips and chipsets? Its not about capability, its about economics. Will you like to invest 30-40 billion dollars to setup a semiconductor fabrication unit in India or import 500 million dollars worth of chips? I guess later is certainly less risky and these are commodities so cann't exactly be denied.

3. better trains

We are indeed making better trains nows. Look at tejas express. Its a pity that it was damaged by the public in its very maiden run.

4. nuclear power plants

Huh? What makes you think we are not making our own nuclear power plants. Heck we have our own design called AHWR.
http://www.barc.gov.in/reactor/ahwr.html

Its one of the few Reactor designs which can burn Thorium. It is also much much safer design compared to HWRs and LWRs with lots of passive safety. Meaning, it will have much less chance of melting down like Fukushima.

Before this we had build quite a few of our own reactors and power plants. Look at BARC or NPCIL site to see that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madras_Atomic_Power_Station . --- Also called as Kalpakkam Power plant. It is indigenous power plant of India.

Besides Indians have mastered CANDU design and have quite a few CANDU design based power plants running in India.

5. online social network

India has her own fair share of 'online social network'. I remember Indian Rediffmail was quite in vogue in 2000s.

Currently, we have Hike Messenger of our own.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hike_Messenger

There is SPYKK
https://www.spykk.com/

BTW, On a related note, InMobi, one of the largest Mobile Ads network is an Indian company.

6. medicines

I do not even want to comment on this. If you don't know about Indian Pharma Industry, I give up!

7. softwares

Again, there are too many to list. But I will give you my favourites.

1. Kony Labs : One of the biggest MEAP platform called Kony.
2. Zoho : https://www.zoho.com/ A major Indian SaaS provider. All software is developed inhouse. Plus the way they developed is grand too. Most of their developers are not having a degree in CS. Most of them are locals from TN, often from very poor background. BTW, SalesForce offered to buy them and they refused. I have personally used their email calander, productivity apps, cloud storage etc and they are pretty good for small, medium scale businesses.

Was it a hoax? If Mangalyaan and Chandrayaan missions were real, why is India unable to create lesser products?

USA faked the moon-landing in 1969. Did India do the same about Mars and Lunar space missions?

How would you explain that while India claims to travel such enormous distance in outer space but is unable to create products requiring much less ingenuity like military arms and equipments, mobile phones, computers, better trains, nuclear power plants, online social network, medicines, softwares etc?

How would you explain why India is still dependent on crap Russian technology for military items and nuclear power plant? The agreement for Kudankulam nuclear power plant was signed in early 1990s. But then came the dismantling of Soviet Union and the project was suspended for at least a decade. Why couldn’t Indians finish it on their own?

All this gives rise to suspicion. Indians didn’t produce this little above said things. How the hell they achieved Mangalyaan and Chandrayaan?
@MagicMarker

What is there to comment ? The entire post is illogical and a rant

India was under embargo for the longest period in its recent history. Technology denial was the norm so we went about reinventing the wheel and that takes time.
Did you even read the post? It says that India is bad at everything else but still manages to send satellites to moon and mars. How is it possible?

I have never seen any Indian of extraordinary intelligence in real life. I have only heard or read about Indians of scientist's caliber in media television channels, newspapers, magazines, books etc but never in real life. I have been to many technological universities. But I have never seen any Indian worthy of being called a scientist.

It could be, looking at your intellect , Indian of extraordinary Intelligence stay away from your real life

Was it a hoax? If Mangalyaan and Chandrayaan missions were real, why is India unable to create lesser products?

USA faked the moon-landing in 1969. Did India do the same about Mars and Lunar space missions?

How would you explain that while India claims to travel such enormous distance in outer space but is unable to create products requiring much less ingenuity like military arms and equipments, mobile phones, computers, better trains, nuclear power plants, online social network, medicines, softwares etc?

How would you explain why India is still dependent on crap Russian technology for military items and nuclear power plant? The agreement for Kudankulam nuclear power plant was signed in early 1990s. But then came the dismantling of Soviet Union and the project was suspended for at least a decade. Why couldn’t Indians finish it on their own?

All this gives rise to suspicion. Indians didn’t produce this little above said things. How the hell they achieved Mangalyaan and Chandrayaan?
@vostok @Götterdämmerung

Look the Indian achievements in space should be admired, this is the only thing that India has actually delivered on.

The rest is just typical Indian bullshit Indian society is a disgrace when you scratch the surface it's pretty easy to see, Indians are known liars.

You know the old cliche "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" well if there was a gold medal then India would be champions of the galaxy.

But the sad thing is there are plenty of Indian fools who believe they can fool everyone all the time.

Last edited:

When I saw the report of plans to launch Chandrayaan-2 in Google news feed, this thread came to mind.

Moon landings were not fake, in fact you can see the landing site on your own using Google Earth.

The Indian missions, as I understand it, were developed over decades and the earlier spacecraft designs were built using Russian assistance. Its perfectly feasible, another difference is that the technology to travel to Mars has been around since the 50's, and the Soviets were doing Mars orbiter missions in the early 70's; Its not exactly cutting edge technology, perfectly achievable for a mid-sized space agency.
Then they shouldn't have called it Indian missions. They should have called it re-manufacture of Soviet/American inventions.

Then they shouldn't have called it Indian missions. They should have called it re-manufacture of Soviet/American inventions.

A mentally disabled person is still technically a person

You can name it supapowa missions for all I care, it wont change anything

@Hindustani78

A mentally disabled person is still technically a person
The analogy is incorrect. Following is the correct analogy:

There are many Western MNCs that produce great quality hardware. They outsource the manufacturing to China. Just because the manufacturing units are located in China, they aren't called Chinese products. The hardware is still called Western even if it is produced by Chinese workers in manufacturing units located in China.

@GURU DUTT

The analogy is incorrect. Following is the correct analogy:

There are many Western MNCs that produce great quality hardware. They outsource the manufacturing to China. Just because the manufacturing units are located in China, they aren't called Chinese products. The hardware is still called Western even if it is produced by Chinese workers in manufacturing units located in China.

@GURU DUTT
why and who tagged me here ?

Look the Indian achievements in space should be admired, this is the only thing that India has actually delivered on.

The rest is just typical Indian bullshit Indian society is a disgrace when you scratch the surface it's pretty easy to see, Indians are known liars.

You know the old cliche "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" well if there was a gold medal then India would be champions of the galaxy.

But the sad thing is there are plenty of Indian fools who believe they can fool everyone all the time.

Similarly for the space rockets of India....

about what ?
See OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom