What's new

High-speed rail used to transport troops for first time

grey boy 2

Reaction score
Country
China
High-speed rail used to transport troops for first time - People's Daily Online July 19, 2011

On July 16, a white G224 train started at Qingdao station, where its passengers were transferred to a high-speed train at Jinan station, which then headed to Shanghai. These were no ordinary passengers. They were hundreds of officers and servicemen of the first army unit to travel by high speed rail

U2142P27T162D302F3855DT20090512104119.jpg

The troops were assembled at the appointed areas of rail station and got on from the front and the back of the train. The whole boarding process was finished within three minutes. The train arrived in Shanghai at 1:34 p.m., four hours faster than the normal bullet train.

The use of high-speed rail in military transportation keeps pace with the development of railway, and it is also a successful trial to boost the efficiency of military deployment, said Yang Tonghai, a political commissar of the Jinan military region.

By People's Daily Online

Another first in the world by China, Keep up the good work big Bro:china:
And this thing will really take the military logistics to a new height, a great leap forward to China, simply unmatched by any other military.

doesn't seem a very good way to transport troops due to the constraints on space, as an example of military logistics its laughable. Those can't carry much equipment and at all.

Maybe to a base with its own resources, but fully armed troops? naww.

Another first in the world by China, Keep up the good work big Bro:china:
And this thing will really take the military logistics to a new height, a great leap forward to China, simply unmatched by any other military.

love is blind indeed

confession of a fresh Chinese female green card holder

why i have to go to US? we r such people do every thing to go to the US, even by cheating, fake marriage, what all these for? those who pay 80 grand for illegal immigration to US, what r they do this for? just for a stable job, a comfortable environment, a affordable house, a low spending on commodity and food, free schooling, dont have to afraid of unemployment, affordable medical system, have pension when u r old.

I start reading at 9, start planing my career at 18. start writing poem and practical training at 20. 21 become a teacher. go to shanghai with my saving when im 23. start working on gain attention to become a internet celebrity at 24. go to US at 25 by my saving and popularity both my internet celebrity career brought me. who want to be the second one, from a completely nobody, a penniless guy, now has been walked through so much, its tough.

i like high speed tarins so much, just seein them is so pleasant to eyes!!

even love the tern 'high speed'

doesn't seem a very good way to transport troops due to the constraints on space, as an example of military logistics its laughable. Those can't carry much equipment and at all.

The soldiers gear could be carried as a luggage for ordinary passenger.

Is there any difference between the civilian and military version of high speed rail? maybe the military version is more crowded?

heard there a line considering connection to Europe through central Asia, and another to Singapore, when will this high speed rail be connected to Pakistan?

a bold guess, 2020?

And you think putting them on trucks one at a time (and with limited fuel) is any better?

Please don't be stupid and think that these will be used to transport troops during combat between battlefields. These are for peacetime training.

Back
Top Bottom