What's new

Hero Indian Super League Grand Opening Ceremony

I'm supporting my NE brothers, lots of coverage in the UK about the ISL. Let's hope that Indians start taking an interest in football.

Kerala Blasters will steamroll the rest! :sniper:

Seriously, I wish all the best for the league... this is the biggest and best chance we had develop football in India and to give the IPL competition
I think we need more events like these.. football , cricket,badminton ,kabaddi,tennis etc etc, there is so much tv time .. eventually kids are going tp pick up a game or another or atleast get excited about sports as a whole.. Also I like the fact that Bollywood has come out to support these events , no doubt they have money in their mind but at least they are doing a good job in making sports popular ..
good luck to your team for the rest of the league.... but for tonight we've got the bragging rights:D

10213349871a0f3bd24ed3d9cc18853e.png

The washed up player League , Past Retirement player go for Secondary retirement

Pele was also available for Draft , how come he was overlooked ?

Or what about Brazilian Ronaldo ?

Legends like Del Piero and Anelka are playing. Not to mention that this is just the beginning. But I understand your reasons for trashing ISL. Good luck convincing Bangladesh cricket team to come visit your country.

FC Bangalore screwed it up...sunil chhetri and others are not playing in ISL.

delhi vs pune

ended in draw .. so many missed chances :disagree:

Crowd was less..thanks to NE people or numbers would be less in Delhi.

ISL sucks .... one can see the clear difference between Indian and european style of football.

I don't know how people are taking this league, but for me it is no less than a dream. Just like any other Kolkata kid, football runs in my vein and thanks to the culture in my school, I was able to play it to quite a level but didnt really continue professionally too far..I remember last playing for my para team organised by kolkata police. :p. anyways all I want to say is , I see this as a birth of something great happening here.. having been spent my childhood being inspired by players like Del Piero, Garcia, Ljunberg, Pires and ofcourse my real inspiration Nistelrooy, it is very emotional for me to witness this taking place in my country. I wish Bhutia could have been included since we have seen players coming back from retirement for this league. I am really emotional at this moment, cuz I have had a great attachment with this game. So far i have seen all the games and as a regular viewer of Indian football i can say the style of game is already different..I guess that because of the foreign club level coaches. Only thing dissapointed me so far is the quality of turf. Apart from salt lake stadium, kolkata, I didnt find the other two turfs impressive. But after the under 17 FIFA world cup in India I think we'll see a great change in the infrastructure. If Praful Patel is to be belived, we might also have a world cup of clubs in india very soon.. Imagine ManU, chealsea, Real, Barca, Juventus , etc competing here In India.

As far as my support is concerned, its always with my home team, :mps: Atletico de Kolkata. :mps:. he quality of game we showed was amazing and am very sure we'll be the winner of his first edition.

I am really excited for ISL though , this will really improve Indian football by leaps and bounds

Today's match was also great.. goalless but the match was worth watching.. Del Piero showed some of his magic moves and was selected the best player.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom