What's new

Hellenic Coast Guard BUSTED by Turkish Coast Guard

First you need to have some info about the subject.

Aegean dispute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Current Territorial waters (6 miles).

432px-Aegean_6_nm.svg.png

Greece wants to extend it's terrotorial waters to 12 miles.

432px-Aegean_12_nm.svg.png

As you can see, by declearing 12 miles of territorial waters, Greece will cut Turkey's access to it's southern seas ( Mediterranean)

This is unacceptable by Turkish side and we are going to accept 12 miles as "Casus Belli" and go war against Greece.

Are Greek Islands represented in Blue? If yes how are they so close to Turkeye?

@T-123456

Are Greek Islands represented in Blue? If yes how are they so close to Turkeye?

@T-123456

its so close because those islands were occupied by italy during Tripoli campaign , Italy agreed to leave islands but due to WWI came out,and italy and ottoman gone into different sides,italy left that idea. Until end of WWII islands stayed as italy lands but since Italy was on side of loosers in Paris peace negotiations those lands considered to be given to Greece.

Turkey also had been invited to Paris ( joined war in the end, on side of Allies )but Ismet inonu thought its not good if countries havent been into war looking for profits in end of it ,and havent joined to negotiations.It was like our mistake totally leaving islands to greece, we exactly allowed them to get it.

How pity greece taken all islands due to population majority was greek.
But later, gone a new agreement by demilitirazing close islands to turkey, keeping them clean from missiles and soldiers .

The dispute is rather dependent on greeks, they are claiming shore zone to be double of in agreements of international sea zone,even their this claim violated Turkey's zone in many places .
They just claims anyway,there cant be things going over than claim,due to its totally illegal and wont be recognized by turkey .

that didn't change anything after all we are all turk :cheers:
True brother

its so close because those islands were occupied by italy during Tripoli campaign , Italy agreed to leave islands but due to WWI came out,and italy and ottoman gone into different sides,italy left that idea. Until end of WWII islands stayed as italy lands but since Italy was on side of loosers in Paris peace negotiations those lands considered to be given to Greece.

Turkey also had been invited to Paris ( joined war in the end, on side of Allies )but Ismet inonu thought its not good if countries havent been into war looking for profits in end of it ,and havent joined to negotiations.It was like our mistake totally leaving islands to greece, we exactly allowed them to get it.

But later, gone a new agreement by demilitirazing close islands to turkey, keeping them clean from missiles and soldiers .

The dispute is rather dependent on greeks, they are claiming shore zone to be double of in agreements of international sea zone,even their this claim violated Turkey's zone in many places .
They just claims anyway,there cant be things going over than claim,due to its totally illegal and wont be recognized by turkey .
I always told so Inönü was an idiot i dont understand why so many respect him eventhough he fucked all up after Atatürks death

Thanks for explaining but i think those Islands should be part of Turkeye legally. Turkeye really have a heart to accept islands so close to it's mainland.

True brother

I always told so Inönü was an idiot i dont understand why so many respect him eventhough he fucked all up after Atatürks death

In politics he was surely idiot i dont reject but as a soldier he is so professional , he got many succesfull campaign during war of independence specially against greek armies on west line. This is the point differs him from Ataturk , Inonu is a great commander but Ataturk also got perfect political intelligence beside soldier one.

Thanks for explaining but i think those Islands should be part of Turkeye legally. Turkeye really have a heart to accept islands so close to it's mainland.

After those long time we cant claim any right on those islands,its too late but what we can do is just keeping them clean of military ,and not letting greece to increase their territorial water (i dont think this will be allowed in international environment as well). By this way ,it wont make sense even those islands belongs to greece eventhough it disturbs me as a Turkish citizen,having greek islands just a little away from homeland .

In politics he was surely idiot i dont reject but as a soldier he is so professional , he got many succesfull campaign during war of independence specially against greek armies on west line. This is the point differs him from Ataturk , Inonu is a great commander but Ataturk also got perfect political intelligence beside soldier one.

After those long time we cant claim any right on those islands,its too late but what we can do is just keeping them clean of military ,and not letting greece to increase their territorial water (i dont think this will be allowed in international environment as well). By this way ,it wont make sense even those islands belongs to greece eventhough it disturbs me as a Turkish citizen,having greek islands just a little away from homeland .
He was the one who closed the borders for Ahiska Turks because he thought we were communist so he is responsible for many dead Ahiskas

He was the one who closed the borders for Ahiska Turks because he thought we were communist so he is responsible for many dead Ahiskas

So sorry to hear this, and i told you he was idiot in politics , at least i think so (he was too slow to decide also,until he decides to join WWII,the was was over already somebody tells he did it intentionally to not join war,anyway this is not matter now ). i dont think he has done it during his commander times ,but done it during his president times .and in his president time all is matter is political intelligence which he is too low in that.

So sorry to hear this, and i told you he was idiot in politics , at least i think so (he was too slow to decide also,until he decides to join WWII,the was was over already somebody tells he did it intentionally to not join war,anyway this is not matter now ). i dont think he has done it during his commander times ,but done it during his president times .and in his president time all is matter is political intelligence which he is too low in that.

You would have wanted Turkey to join that epic clusterfuck,destroyer of nations that WW2 was ? o_O

Actuallly, he intentionally kept Turkey away from the war. We would have been dragged into it had there not been a clear determination for neutrality, due to the pressures from the both sides. He was definitely not an idiot and he deserves respect.

You would have wanted Turkey to join that epic clusterfuck,destroyer of nations that WW2 was ? o_O

Somehow i really will turkey had joined , when i look all the nations joined to war with their decision got too many industrial developments but when i think it would be devestating for us and just would suffer us more than WWI .

Actuallly, he intentionally kept Turkey away from the war. We would have been dragged into it had there not been a clear determination for neutrality, due to the pressures from the both sides. He was definitely not an idiot and he deserves respect.
In Politics he was just not good, ok we dont have right to insult him but he had too many fails in political, when compared political victories after independence war. He was a great soldier, but definetely a bad politician

In Politics he was just not good, ok we dont have right to insult him but he had too many fails in political, when compared political victories after independence war. He was a great soldier, but definetely a bad politician

Mind giving some examples?

Mind giving some examples?
Trying to be only "man" after Ataturk passed away , replacing his picture on money was quite impressing?
12 islands ,the biggest one
Strategi failures on WWI , supported germany clearly while trying to busy England n french
Let england n french to check our military
Keeping one political party till 1946 like a dictatorship ( dont mention about trials, he tried hard to keep one political party, finally let it due to pressures by european country )
Accepting marshall aids and turning turkey into hands of USA
And some more else? Just 12 islands are quite impressive
Oh in Lozan agreement, there is a quotation from a dealer on conference, mentions about him , telling " inonu hold me and pulled in a room, asked some drinks to be served , after he had some couples of glass he begin to talk too many, meanwhile he mentioned about he feels ok with musul stays of england's"
Lets say this ,he wasnt good enough in politics :) but a great soldier .
The 2nd biggest he has done was i guess not following Ataturk's way in development.

And lets not turn this into political discussion , i am just telling inonu wasnt good in politics IMO .

Trying to be only "man" after Ataturk passed away , replacing his picture on money was quite impressing?
12 islands ,the biggest one
Strategi failures on WWI , supported germany clearly while trying to busy England n french
Let england n french to check our military
Keeping one political party till 1946 like a dictatorship ( dont mention about trials, he tried hard to keep one political party, finally let it due to pressures by european country )
Accepting marshall aids and turning turkey into hands of USA
And some more else? Just 12 islands are quite impressive
Oh in Lozan agreement, there is a quotation from a dealer on conference, mentions about him , telling " inonu hold me and pulled in a room, asked some drinks to be served , after he had some couples of glass he begin to talk too many, meanwhile he mentioned about he feels ok with musul stays of england's"
Lets say this ,he wasnt good enough in politics :) but a great soldier .
The 2nd biggest he has done was i guess not following Ataturk's way in development.

And lets not turn this into political discussion , i am just telling inonu wasnt good in politics IMO .

I would suggest you to watch Demirkırat. It is a great documentary which covers pretty much all these subjects.

He was obviously not a political genius, but he doesn't deserve to be called as an idiot.

I would suggest you to watch Demirkırat. It is a great documentary which covers pretty much all these subjects.

He was obviously not a political genius, but he doesn't deserve to be called as an idiot.

You are right about insulting on him, it was a mistake but , still he didnt do logical things during his leadership . Specially trying to replace ataturk with himself and putting himself into competing with him seemed illogical ( can be said stupid too ), and those 12 islands really a hurt , was a stupid decision done by him.
And thanks for suggestion, i am going check those documenteries.

Back
Top Bottom