What's new

HELINA tested on ALH Rudra.

DarK-LorD

BANNED
Reaction score
HELINA tested on ALH Rudra.

India's Integrated Guided Missile Development Program got another boost last week when the HELINA Anti- Tank missile was successful tested on the ALH Rudra. It was an separation test which was 100% success. This was the first test in which an Indian missile was tested form an Indian platform. A full test will follow soon.

HELINA is an Anti-Tank IIR (Imaging Infra-red) guided missile with 7-8 Kms ranges. Its developed from the land based NAG ant-tank missile.

HELINA tested on ALH Rudra | Angle of Attack | Defence Aviation

GREAT news!!I am looking forward to when a LCH will launch a HELINA with a mmw seeker(when operational) towards a T 90 and blowing it to the sky.
REGARDS. . . . . . . .

You do mean Alkhalid eh Troll:devil:

Oh come on man!!You know I'm not a troll!!You probably didn't get me right.Let me clear it for you:
The HELINA needs a realistic target to prove its true capability and what can be better than a T 90S??T 72 or Vijayanta won't do because PA and PLA both have got better tanks.The T 90S matches most closely with the T 80UDs of PA and Type 96G of PLA.So by testing HELINA against the T 90S,we can get the most realistic performance against a T 80UD as both use same kind of armor and heavy ERA and I don't think that we are gonna get a T 80UD or an Al Khalid as a testing target any time soon.Hope I made myself clear this time.
REGARDS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

helina-launcher-2.jpg

India is eyeing Javelin and the Spike, to hell with Helina - this way Sonia can get kickbacks - Helina BTW is Helo mounted NAG version - and NAG is yet to be commisioned.

Oh come on man!!You know I'm not a troll!!You probably didn't get me right.Let me clear it for you:
The HELINA needs a realistic target to prove its true capability and what can be better than a T 90S??T 72 or Vijayanta won't do because PA and PLA both have got better tanks.The T 90S matches most closely with the T 80UDs of PA and Type 96G of PLA.So by testing HELINA against the T 90S,we can get the most realistic performance against a T 80UD as both use same kind of armor and heavy ERA and I don't think that we are gonna get a T 80UD or an Al Khalid as a testing target any time soon.Hope I made myself clear this time.

would be better to test it against the arjun - if you are trying to make a world class anti tank missile then you should test it against the best armour available- if it can penetrate the arjun then we know that the other tanks dont stand a chance

Congratulation to Indians on successful test...!; For the bolder part I also agreed with you even pray not whole of your living life. :agree:

I didn't get it from any where son,the DRDO developed it to replace the existing passive infrared seeker on Nag ATGM.

U need to update yr info. Currently, guidance is based on an imaging infra-red (IIR) passive seeker that ensures a high-hit accuracy in both top- and front-attack modes. mmW seeker, on the other hand, is intended to operate as an optional system that can replace the IIR passive seeker as a module...

Back
Top Bottom