What's new

Heartbreaking - Pakistan's Hidden Shame.

Being born in Bahrain and living there during most of my childhood and then living rest of my teenage life in Lahore, I never knew the situation is this worse. I have heard about sodomy in Lahore a few times but these are maybe some random incidents here and there.

The situation in Peshawar is definitely alarming. I'm shocked after viewing this documentary. I've heard some jokes about sodomy in Peshawar or in Pukhtoon areas, but never thought its been happening at this scale. I'm feeling disgusted as a Pakistani after viewing this.

I hear in Sialkot their is a major epidemic of this filth, are folks like syed Ali going to blame the Afghans for that as well. I totally agree with your assesment of "lenient and open".
Actually this was more spread in small areas like towns and villages where people know each other very well and a girl roaming in some street or even a boy roaming in a street for a girl multiple times are identified easily. In that case, boys usually had access to boys only. Also, the victims are usually younger and afraid to tell their family. Another pattern was that the victim ones become predator once they get old.

But the proliferation of mobile phones & cable and more urbanization have somewhat controlled this. Even in Madaras, it is reduced because access to girls is far more easy than before.

I know ishudnt be posting here but its not a hidden shame anymore, there was a report on this issue ,this year or last , and that kpk gov had acknolwedged they have failed to solvethe issue.

Dont know the real reasons and also how much this issue is afghan specific,cud be idont know, but once i had read somewhere that in pakhtoon culture men are supposed to pay bride money to bride's father (unlike the typical dowry system where girl brings money etc )which many lower class pathan men cant afford and cuz of povety they have already taken enough debts for several reasons. So then they start going after kids. It cud be fraction of entire problem. Idont know in detail.

From what I know people in Gujrat have stereotype about Sialkot people as being gays, etc

This picture of Allama Iqbal who was born in Sialkot is used as joke to say Iqbal is sad at the fact that Sialkotias are gay.

220px-Iqbal.jpg

You probably have heard something similar lol

Indeed I have , many a time lol.

@Atanz

Some well-known rabid Pashtun / Afghan haters will not let go this opportunity to berate Afghans was quite anticipated. In reality they hate Pashtuns, but because of obvious reasons badmouthing them at every opportunity will expose them. Everybody know that Afghans and Pashtuns in Pakistan are basically the same people. So what you do, you bash the Afghans, which is anyway quite in vogue these days on this forum. You must have got the gist of my message. Either you ignore them or give a befitting reply, but then you will have to face the wrath of chokidars. Therefore, ignoring these old arrant imbeciles is the best option.

As far as the pederasty in concerned, it is not as common as some people might think, but it is still practiced in some areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan inhabited by Pashtun tribes. Ironically, pederasty is more common in those societies where too much emphasis is placed on virile traits. Another reason is the lack of access to women. I didn’t watch these clips, but I don’t need to watch them at all as I know about this problem already. Only through education and strict laws this problem can be uprooted.

Disgusting. Mostly the school dropouts from the poor households end up on the streets where they are exposed to all types of abuse and exploitation and worse there is no mandated system of reporting child exploitation/ abuse in Pakistan thats why most cases of child abuse remain under cover and go unreported

I think your being unfair if not bordering on racist ....
We all may say things once in while and maybe this is yours but you need to reflect on what you said.
The same could be said about Karachi of pre 1947 and the once clean Queen of the East is nothing more than a huge mass of heaving humanity with even more humongous slums reminders of Mumbai or Patna with Paan spitting rife .....
I think you are the racist one here, it was post 1947 Karachi's economy really started booming and hit its peak much later, and we all know the satanic trinity which lead to its fall from grace.

By making absolute claim of a certain trait to a ethnic group gentleman amounts to racism. There are lot of Asian sex grooming gangs in UK and claims that Asian's are rapist are made based on those gangs. Trust me everybody jumps up and calls them racist.
Afghan is not an ethnic group though, it implies the culture of Afghanistan consisting of multiple groups but with shared negative traits.

You overlook history. The Soviet war of 1980s etc. The great game by imperialists ? When the Europeans call Pakistan a savage, impoverished, terrorist haven, dirty, filthy over populated misogynist place all of which is true. Can it be taken to arrive at conclusions like Pakistani are inherantly inferior?

Because that is exactly the sort of mentality your espousing any you have the galls to even use the word 'civilized' ?
It is up to them to prove us wrong, like it is up to us to prove the Europeans wrong. Although your loyalties seem to be very shaky so idk which side you're on.

@Atanz

Some well-known rabid Pashtun / Afghan haters will not let go this opportunity to berate Afghans was quite anticipated. In reality they hate Pashtuns, but because of obvious reasons badmouthing them at every opportunity will expose them. Everybody know that Afghans and Pashtuns in Pakistan are basically the same people. So what you do, you bash the Afghans, which is anyway quite in vogue these days on this forum. You must have got the gist of my message. Either you ignore them or give a befitting reply, but then you will have to face the wrath of chokidars. Therefore, ignoring these old arrant imbeciles is the best option.

As far as the pederasty in concerned, it is not as common as some people might think, but it is still practiced in some areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan inhabited by Pashtun tribes. Ironically, pederasty is more common in those societies where too much emphasis is placed on virile traits. Another reason is the lack of access to women. I didn’t watch these clips, but I don’t need to watch them at all as I know about this problem already. Only through education and strict laws this problem can be uprooted.
The only thing bad about most Pushtuns is their insistance on defending Aghans and lashing out at fellow Pakistanis. We have a baloch here criticizing what Afghans have done to his city yet you instead defend the Afghans?

Disgusting! Allah prescribed death for them. Throw a WALL on them! Or, THROW them off the HIGHEST point in the town or city.

Note: ONLY a Qadi can prescribe sentences and NO ONE can take the law in his/her hands!

I know. The Afghan thing is just a device/pretext to beat the Pashtun. It's like in Europe the 'Muslim' is used to rag about ethnic minorities.

@474474 The only reason Karach is or boomed was every litre of oil, every dollar of import or export goes through the port. That is a franchise with a 190 million people hinterland. Period. All you lot did it was turn a clean city into a dump of slums and it was one Ayub Khan's generals who built housing for you guy's. Now it is just another city on the Ganges. It is like 1947 never happened. Pakistan was not made another Bihar was made but don't forget one day the 94% will wake up.

Bye ...
You lot? You guys? I can clearly see the racist here. You know what I'll respond in kind, I'm half sindhi so I decide who stays, I'm perfectly fine with my other half muhajir side (who are not bihari but even if they were idc) it's you pushtun filth that is the most backwards group in Pakistan and you need to leave Karachi. You have turned it into a hell hole and Ayub Khan the great traitor is the reason that your people have made slums everywhere in Karachi, it's you lot who work as masis in our houses and then give the details to your people jo dake dalte hain raaton ko gharon mein jahan koi aslaha nhi rakhta. Not to mention the gun culture and drug culture you've brought after the 80s. You are the most primitive scum who even after all these years of Pakistan hasn't caught up in, literacy tou door ki baat, basic human decency. God knows where all the hollow pride comes from, insecurities I'd guess.

I know. The Afghan thing is just a device/pretext to beat the Pashtun. It's like in Europe the 'Muslim' is used to rag about ethnic minorities.

@474474 The only reason Karach is or boomed was every litre of oil, every dollar of import or export goes through the port. That is a franchise with a 190 million people hinterland. Period. All you lot did it was turn a clean city into a dump of slums and it was one Ayub Khan's generals who built housing for you guy's. Now it is just another city on the Ganges. It is like 1947 never happened. Pakistan was not made another Bihar was made but don't forget one day the 94% will wake up.

Bye ...
I wrote a long *** reply but it didn't post, but the gist of it is that I can see the racist here, God knows where all that hollow pride comes from despite being unable to get civilized even after all these years of Pakistan, I guess its the insecurities. And fyi I'm half sindhi and I much prefer letting those who developed the city live here rather than your filthy kind which Ayub brought as masis and dakus and drug/weapon traders.

I wrote a long *** reply but it didn't post, but the gist of it is that I can see the racist here,

I used to read his posts with great interest but alas a Think Tank of his age is just one more disgust and a failure not worthy of your time.

Sodomy aka bacha baazi is primarily an Afghan disease that has infiltrated Pakistan with Afghans. Shut down madrassas (hugely prevalent there) and throw Afghans out, many social ills will automatically go away.

Pirwadhai Adda Rawalpindi has a flourishing bacha bazi busniness with Punjabi, pashtun, mohajir sindhi balochi customers and pimps ;)

anyone can acquire a charpai with a boy on rent for one night there

so throwing Afghans wont solve the problem we have to throw the Pakistani customers and pimps too.

This is tragically sad, strict laws must be enforced for these sort of unnatural acts

Pirwadhai Adda Rawalpindi has a flourishing bacha bazi busniness with Punjabi, pashtun, mohajir sindhi balochi customers and pimps ;)

anyone can acquire a charpai with a boy on rent for one night there

so throwing Afghans wont solve the problem we have to throw the Pakistani customers and pimps too.
Let me just tell you, in Dubai when a foreigner commits a crime they get jail time and deportation while locals only get jail time. Similarly in the west if the crime is serious enough you can even get stripped off your nationality and deported.

This is tragically sad, strict laws must be enforced for these sort of unnatural acts
They are all very natural, the goal of civilization is to oppose nature.

Back
Top Bottom