What's new

Hassanabdal-Mansehra Expressway (E35)...Updates

M - 15 ...

336695998_1192719241448003_6771901089519951037_n.jpg

One thing Pakistan has done better than its neighbours is building expressways all over the country. The route from hasanabadal to abbotabad currently is full of traffic jam. This will bring much needed relief.
Err.... it's the Chinese....

Err.... it's the Chinese....
There are dozens of state and private owned construction companies in Pakistan who specialize in road building. In fact a lot of these same companies have built mega projects in Oman, UAE, and Saudi Arabia as well which shows their trust in our expertise. Except for financing some mega projects, China has no other role. If there was a country where we learned to design and build Motorways it was from South Korea back in the 90s. They helped us make the M2 and since then that standard has been adopted and replicated by NHA.

There are dozens of state and private owned construction companies in Pakistan who specialize in road building. In fact a lot of these same companies have built mega projects in Oman, UAE, and Saudi Arabia as well which shows their trust in our expertise. Except for financing some mega projects, China has no other role. If there was a country where we learned to design and build Motorways it was from South Korea back in the 90s. They helped us make the M2 and since then that standard has been adopted and replicated by NHA.
I thought being part of the Chinese Belt initiative, they would be built by Chinese companies? Certainly these roads were only constructed after Chinese intervention.

I thought being part of the Chinese Belt initiative, they would be built by Chinese companies? Certainly these roads were only constructed after Chinese intervention.
Highways and Motorways are part of BRI and no doubt without Chinese financial assistance or investment they wouldn't be possible otherwise. For instance 90% of this Hazara Motorway was financed by China's Exim bank. As for the technical side as far as I know it's usually Ministry of communication, NESPAK and NHA who deal with design and technical planning and FWO, NLC, ZKB, Habib, etc who execute or at least get bigger share of contracts. I'll say this though, we need to focus on constructing Railways now as we lag way behind in this area and considering the size of Pakistan's population, its the most economical, fast, and environment friendly solution. It's time we get TOT from China, Turkey, Germany, France, Spain and other countries in this regard.

Last edited:
Highways and Motorways are part of BRI and no doubt without Chinese financial assistance or investment they wouldn't be possible otherwise. For instance 90% of this Hazara Motorway was financed by China's Exim bank. As for the technical side as far as I know it's usually Ministry of communication, NESPAK and NHA who deal with design and technical planning and FWO, NLC, ZKB, Habib, etc who execute or at least get bigger share of contracts. I'll say this though, we need to focus on constructing Railways now as we lag way behind in this area and considering the size of Pakistan's population, its the most economical, fast, and environment friendly solution. It's time we get TOT from China, Turkey, Germany, France, Spain and other countries in this regard.
Yes, ToT with domestic manufacture. Essential for industrial development and employment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom