What's new

Hasina wants Islam as Bangladesh state religion

Act of Saudi men doesnt make Niqab Invalid and dont compare orders of Saudi Arabia to orders of Islam orders of Islam will remain valid forever

Karan Thapar: So the civil society and the old secular ethic of Pakistan that JInnah had in mind will ultimately, even if it takes pain, prevail?

Shaharyar Khan: I'm sure it will. Look at the example of Bangladesh. After all they went through the same. Today Bangladesh is saying no religion in politics. If Bangladesh can do it, we can do it.

Majority in Pak don't support terrorists: Khan - India News - IBNLive

Interesting that a country that has experimented with allowing Islamic radicals ruling, praises BD for its secularism and hopes that such a situation would come to Pakistan so that it can be recreated as per Jinnah's dream!

And Al Zakira and Akram's ilk want to return to the antediluvian days!

Let's do a cost-benefit analysis for a second on having Islam as state religion:

Islam as state religion:

Advantages:
1) ???

Disadvantages:
1) ???

So in conclusion, we see that it doesn't matter a damn whether Islam is the state religion or not, or whether BD is called the "Islamic Republic of BD" or not.

Seriously, do any of you guys think that if AL deletes the Bismillah from the constitution it will have any effect on Islam in BD? Will you stop going to the mosque if that happens? Will you suddenly start drinking? Of course not. In the end its a useless topic to discuss, because Nothing will actually change. BD will remain a democratic country where the majority are practising Muslims.

Turkey was a extremely secular country since 1923. But you will know that the pro-Islamic AK Party has come to power and turned around their economy (ie, in the positiv direction), and is slowly turning it into an regional power. The US installed their puppet in Iran, and Khomeini booted them out. This shows that the ideology of Islam is too powerful to keep down, and no government has the power to stop it, short of massacring the entire Muslim population.

We should stop discussing this useless topic and discuss more useful things, like why our political parties are so corrupt and why our education system is so disgustingly useless.

By the way, I'm a practising Muslim, probably like most BD members here, although that doesnt mean that my points would be less valid if I was not.

There was a pro Islam wave because of the WoT.

However, with the upheavals in the Middle East and the most unfortunate happening in Pakistan where terrorists are holding Pakistan to ransom, there is a slow change in the mindset, wherein Islam still being kept as the focus, fundamentalists are not to be allowed to take over governance or as a way of life.

One may have any religion or no religion and still believe firmly in that, yet one is still a human being - he wants to live his and his family's life beyond turmoil and daily uncertainties and wonder if he will be killed while he is at his prayers just because someone does not like his sect!

Islam as state religion and Bismillah in the constitution matter here, and obviously to me. It aggregately helps to preserve and practice our Islamic cultures and norms here where 85% people are Muslim. As a consequential effect, degeneration (from Islamic perspective) will just be the second step of our society if we bring those changes here by weakening our values. And it will not take long time. We are already seeing the degradation of values among the youths who are wrongly indoctrinated. Today love means to them only flirt and physical relation. I was talking to my friend about why India has allowed live together and same sex marriage there. Then he replied me that: if the society demands then country can not object and that is the thing happened in India. Their society demanded those things and their country couldn't resist. Today ALers are claiming change in state religion and constitution, so who knows what will they claim in long run. I have taken it offense when I have seen Airtel customer care people are saying me " Shuvo Sokal or good morning", but Warid used to say "Assalamu alaikum". So in that sense discarding Bismillah is an offense to me and my value.

Pakistan also felt the same.

See where they are now.

And see what they are saying now!

and Pakistan is a better Muslim country!

In India many things happen and we are not shy of accepting what happens.

We don't pretend.

There is no living in, pre marital sex, homosexuals or deviates, or anything morally wrong in Bangladesh ?

If not, then it is heaven.

Surely, all must be virgins up there!

Pakistanis don't exhibit such fraudulent claims!

There is no living in, pre marital sex, homosexuals or deviates, or anything morally wrong in Bangladesh ?

If not, then it is heaven.

Surely, all must be virgins up there!

Pakistanis don't exhibit such fraudulent claims!

at least better than your country!

Islam as state religion and Bismillah in the constitution matter here, and obviously to me. It aggregately helps to preserve and practice our Islamic cultures and norms here where 85% people are Muslim. As a consequential effect, degeneration (from Islamic perspective) will just be the second step of our society if we bring those changes here by weakening our values. And it will not take long time. We are already seeing the degradation of values among the youths who are wrongly indoctrinated. Today love means to them only flirt and physical relation. I was talking to my friend about why India has allowed live together and same sex marriage there. Then he replied me that: if the society demands then country can not object and that is the thing happened in India. Their society demanded those things and their country couldn't resist. Today ALers are claiming change in state religion and constitution, so who knows what will they claim in long run. I have taken it offense when I have seen Airtel customer care people are saying me " Shuvo Sokal or good morning", but Warid used to say "Assalamu alaikum". So in that sense discarding Bismillah is an offense to me and my value.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I feel worried about that too. However, what I'm trying to say is that having the state religion as Islam is just a purely symbolic thing. We are all worried about the degeneration of the people in BD. What I say is that putting focus on symbolic things like changing the name of BD to "Islamic Republic of BD" and other things are just a diversion. We could be doing productive things. For example, we should maybe work towards increasing the level of education, healthcare and law and order in the country. We can maybe get together in the mosque and discuss these issues every Friday or something. Maybe get all our zakat money together and set up a university. There isn't a single forum on the web that deals with BD Islamic issues. I believe that these things will help Islam more than having some symbolic name in the constitution. Symbolic things don't matter. This is one thing we BDeshis don't understand.

Just saw a mukhti bashi procession. They see Zia Rahman as a god or something.

Me starting to think that Bangladeshi people are committing shirk. Falsehood is everywhere in Bangladeshi society today.

Absolutely correct.

You are a leading economic, military and diplomatic power.

Any more jokes up your sleeve?

You know more of being an Islamic Republic than Pakistan!

p1: Pakistani people are different than us.
p2: They have historical gun culture.
p3: They think gun is the ornament of man.
p4: People use rocket luncher even in a normal fight between two villages in PK.
p5: They celebrate by firing by AK-47 in marriage ceremony.

Yes those are the tribal (uneducated) and north-west people in Pakistan, adjacent to Afghan, the main Taliban infected area. So comparing us with them will not be a strong correlation. Also people of the rest provinces like Panjab and Sihnd are different, where people are against Talibans.

Now,

p6: We have been living peacefully since our independence with current constitution. Can you prove that our current constitution will make us extremist, you Indian paranoids?
p7: Suddenly enforcing any controversial changes very naturally will bring troubles here.
p8: Also this is not necessary.
p9: We are emotional people, so people will sentimentally feel offense in any such change, and unnecessary problems will be created. Remember, if Bangladeshis will not be that much emotional, then our independence would not be possible. So stirring any emotional issue will be destructive and can make people extremist.
p10: Due to emerging of extremism in BD in post constitutional change period will show up BD as extremist country. And India is working for that.
p11: With the passage of time our next generation will change their country and constitution, when we will be death.
p12: Now, for the time bing, let us live peacefully live with the current constitution which was never threat for us.

Whats alk this whine about emotional people and all that giving you liberation.

Man, you guys are the limit.

weird justifications!

Actually Hasina can't say that. She has all that Ershad admin ruled illegal, therefore Bismillah is gone from constitution along with state religion.

p1: Pakistani people are different than us.
p2: They have historical gun culture.
p3: They think gun is the ornament of man.
p4: People use rocket luncher even in a normal fight between two villages in PK.
p5: They celebrate by firing by AK-47 in marriage ceremony.

Yes those are the tribal (uneducated) and north-west people in Pakistan, adjacent to Afghan, the main Taliban infected area. So comparing us with them will not be a strong correlation. Also people of the rest provinces like Panjab and Sihnd are different, where people are against Talibans.

Now,

p6: We have been living peacefully since our independence with current constitution. Can you prove that our current constitution will make us extremist, you Indian paranoids?
p7: Suddenly enforcing any controversial changes very naturally will bring troubles here.
p8: Also this is not necessary.
p9: We are emotional people, so people will sentimentally feel offense in any such change, and unnecessary problems will be created. Remember, if Bangladeshis will not be that much emotional, then our independence would not be possible. So stirring any emotional issue will be destructive and can make people extremist.
p10: Due to emerging of extremism in BD in post constitutional change period will show up BD as extremist country. And India is working for that.
p11: With the passage of time our next generation will change their country and constitution, when we will be death.
p12: Now, for the time bing, let us live peacefully live with the current constitution which was never threat for us.

People dont give a damn about constitution as all the military ruler made a joke out of it. It is a BNP agenda to stir things up. Our people are non communal and secular in nature so it should be reflected in the constitution. Most of the BNP leaders who I talked to believe in secular constitution and they think thats the way it should had been all along. The reason it was made non secular only to secure some votes from uneducated mullhas nothing else.

I did not see a single person bothered about reversing back the constitution to the previous form. Only people here in PDF crying about it only to gain some mileage.

Actually Hasina can't say that. She has all that Ershad admin ruled illegal, therefore Bismillah is gone from constitution along with state religion.

I think AL already made it clear that they wont allow BNP for a bismillah politics anymore. So they just left that line in the constitution and changed what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom