What's new

Harrapa Ancestry project?

Lalashersingh

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
any one here on the Harrapa Ancestry dna project?

it's a interesting genetic project with many pakistani registered on it, basically looking at the dna of pakistanis and regional people and who our possible ancestors were

pakistan sits between west asia and south asia, and this is what our dna shows, ASI ( ancestral south indian) is the oldest component among Pakistanis, this component is the oldest in the region, which probably arrived some 40,000 years ago from Africa, during the migration of people from africa towards Asia, this component roughly makes up anywhere from 15-40% of pakistani ancestry on average, with Pashtuns/baloch/kalash having the lowest of this component, while certian punjabi/sindhi groups having the highest

The biggest genetic component in pakistanis is the west asian component, which is over 40% in all pakistanis, these people were the ones who basically arrived around 10000 years ago from west asia and settled in what is today Balochistan, AFghanistan and the Indus river area, most likely these people later mixed with locals of the Indus valley and created the Indus valley Civilization

I urge you guys to see the genetic results on the website, they are very interesting!

among indians, Sikhs/Jatts have the most interesting results, showing a lot of foreign dna in their results

Interesting, however genealogy discussion is not allowed on this forum.

Me and my friend just ordered two kits from 23andme.com, with total cost of around $310. So how one can submit results on Harrapa Ancestry project?

^ contact zack ajmal the moderator of the website, his email is on the website

btw, what is your ethnic background if I may ask

^ interesting, I am not sure what your zaat is, but among punjabis, jatts are showing the lowest south asian component in them at 28%, rajputs on average have around 35% south asian, 25 arian punjabi samples show around 29% south asian. These samples are obviously small to make any clear judgments, but anyways it is interesting to get at least a small picture on pakistani genetics

^ just search on google ( harrapa ancestry project) I cant post links here

actually one of the interesting samples among pakistanis are the ( urduspeaking) karachi based samples, who's ancestors came from UP India. I was surprised to see that many of them have lower south asian and higher west asian components, some even higher then punjabi samples. This clearly shows that UP muslims who migrated to Pakistan, their ancestors probably had links from outside, like afghanistan, Iran, central asia etc..

^ just search on google ( harrapa ancestry project) I cant post links here

actually one of the interesting samples among pakistanis are the ( urduspeaking) karachi based samples, who's ancestors came from UP India. I was surprised to see that many of them have lower south asian and higher west asian components, some even higher then punjabi samples. This clearly shows that UP muslims who migrated to Pakistan, their ancestors probably had links from outside, like afghanistan, Iran, central asia etc..

What about Hyderabadis?

^ unfortunatly there no hyderabadi samples yet, only UP (muhajir) samples. The Gujarati muslim samples also show the same thing, higher west asian

^ south indian is a genetic component, it is the oldest component in the region. Tamils show this component at 70-80% in their ancestry, while pakistanis show it at 15-40% of their ancestry

^ south indian is a genetic component, it is the oldest component in the region. Tamils show this component at 70-80% in their ancestry, while pakistanis show it at 15-40% of their ancestry

What is this south indian is a genetic component??.Are you talking about Haplogroup M (mtDNA)??

^ yes M and some other hapolgroup which are only found in India form the south indian or ASI component

Back
Top Bottom