What's new

Happy Independence Day Bangladeshis!

Yet we love Sara Jahan se Acchha Hindusthan hamara, written by a Muslim.

As also, Nazrul Islam's poems and songs which are also a tribute to the Bengali language and it rich heritage.

Identity and culture is beyond religious narrow tunnels of blind vision.

But you cant expect this from narrow minded peoples

Religion is a guide for man to achieve the sublime.

Be it any religion.

It is not to learn hatred of mankind.

But then there exist people who have lost their vector to life and find misusing religion to find some recognition of the lost horizon very comforting as a straw to clutch in the dark blindness they mistake to be true life!

Elmo offers no crocodile tears or sympathies, just a few words of regards.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

To the rest trolling here, guys move on. Bangladesh is an independent country, no point digging skeletons from the past.

But then there exist people who have lost their vector to life and find misusing religion to find some recognition of the lost horizon very comforting as a straw to clutch in the dark blindness they mistake to be true life!

^Is that Navjat Sidhu?-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways lets clear up the mud and dig in some flowers. Its better to throw flowers rather than Muds.

Your national anthem was written by Indian (Undivided India) i think thats your problem ??? right ?? :lol:
Then you dnt even like your Independence cause you won it because of Indian help???

আমার সোনার বাংলা আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি ।। This song was related to 1905 division of Bangla!! It has no relation with BANGLADESHI NATIONALISM!! But i like this song from my childhood and dont want to replace it :undecided:

:rofl: someone got the burn!!!

Listen loser, your extremist view is the one Mujib wanted to root out at that time but he couldn't but this time Hasina will surely do that. You hate father of the nation, you hate Hindus though there are tens of millions of them in BD, you hate BD's national anthem and its writer, you hate the country, this is no less than those were killing people of Bangladesh in 71.

People of BD wants fast trial of all those razakars.

Father of the nation's life long dream was becoming Pakistan's PM! thus he waited untill he was arrested leaving BD people in Danger !!

People of BD wants fast trial of those people who raped and killed in 1971. Present Govt. will not do it . . they will keep it as an Agenda for next election.

It's about undivided Bangla, get your facts right.

before jumping on your seat read my post and post above my post again

You are correct. I do not like current anthem because it neither represent Bangladesh nor it is writen by a Bangladeshi. It should be change asap.

Your national anthem was written by Indian (Undivided India) i think thats your problem ??? right ?? :lol:
Then you dnt even like your Independence cause you won it because of Indian help???

Father of the nation's life long dream was becoming Pakistan's PM! thus he waited untill he was arrested leaving BD people in Danger !!

People of BD wants fast trial of those people who raped and killed in 1971. Present Govt. will not do it . . they will keep it as an Agenda for next election.

Mujib won the election fair and square.

He had to be the PM because democracy demands that the party which has the majority forms the Govt.

Do you have a doubt that he should NOT have become the PM?

Why did he not become the PM? Have you thought of that?

Read that article by Jamil, the Lahore based journalist posted by Mentor in the Bangladesh Indep thread?

The article is contemptuous about Bengalis and while pretending sympathy is throwing up the bile what others of West Pakistan felt. He writes:

In accordance with the British standards, their low height, narrow shoulders and small chests did not qualify them for their induction in the army, yet they were recruited in Navy and Air Force. They were in majority with 53 per cent population yet they were treated as minority.

What British Standards he is talking about? The same standards were applied in India. How come Bengalis were in the Indian Army, Navy and IAF? West Bengais are different?

Further, what has not been said is they treated Bengalis as rice eating, weak, dark skinned and totally non martial.

Philip Mason in his book 'A Matter of Honour' has brought out why they British made martial and non martial. Those who accepted whatever the British said without any discussions were the martial lot!

^Is that Navjat Sidhu?-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways lets clear up the mud and dig in some flowers. Its better to throw flowers rather than Muds.

No.

That is English.

However, I understand and appreciate your difficulty to comprehend.

Elmo offers no crocodile tears or sympathies, just a few words of regards.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

To the rest trolling here, guys move on. Bangladesh is an independent country, no point digging skeletons from the past.

Good to see the first Pakistani on this thread.

Regards yes!

This is a wishy wishy thread not a political one and thanks for making it a sticky.

No.

That is English.

However, I understand and appreciate your difficulty to comprehend.

আমি ইংরেজি বুঝি না, ইচ্ছাও নেই!

Pakistan army started all the trouble by initiating an ill-conceived 'Operation Searchlight' on March 26, 1970. They were here to punish the Bangalis for voting for a Party that only wanted a limited autonomy for east Pakistan within the framework of Pakistan. But, Yahya Khan sent his army to punish us for making a crime in the election.

What course did we have other than to repulse the PA attack with .303 or with bare hands. Some posters are insulting our hundreds and thousands of Shaheeds who sacrificed their bloods to create a separate country that would be ruled by democracy and democratic institutions. We have not yet reached all the goals, but we are moving towards these goals one by one. I personally expect a great future for the country.

Back
Top Bottom