What's new

Halwa a new murder weapon!

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Seven religious leaders and their three attendants fell sick after eating halwa in the suite of Senator Abdul Ghafoor Haidri in the Parliament Lodges here on Thursday and the host believes it was an attempt on his life.
Police have accordingly registered a case of attempted murder and causing harm by means of poison against unknown persons.
Victims of the poisonous halwa included Jamaat Islami’s Liaquat Baloch and Zubair Farooq, Mufti Muneebur Rehman, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam’s deputy Ameer Abdul Khaliq, press secretary Abdul Haleem and Rashidul Haq.
For once Senator Haidri must have felt glad that he has diabetes. He did not take the halwa that his cook, Zakir Hussain, said was delivered by a man the day before as an offering for the JUI leader.

Zakir, who is lying along with other victims in the Federal Government Services Hospital (FGHS), told police that he would recognise the man who brought the evil gift if he came across him.Hospital sources said all 10 persons struck down by the halwa were out of danger but still weak in stomach.

Contents of their stomachs’ wash were sent to the National Health Institute, the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences and the Chemical Examiner in Lahore for analysis.

Mufti Muneeb told Dawn over phone in a weak voice that they had gathered at Senator’s Haidri’s suite for consultations on the stand to be taken by them at a Mashaikh conference called by the government and were served the halwa with other snacks.

“Later I went to the library where I felt dizzy but still talked with some media persons,” he said. “Somehow I returned and started vomiting and was later shifted to the hospital.”

FGSH’s Protocol Officer Raja Ilyas told Dawn that the religious leaders were brought to the hospital’s emergency ward, where they were provided with emergency treatment.

Besides, efforts were also made to clean their stomachs through nasogastric intubation. Mr Ilyas described their condition as “out of danger but still critical.”

All of them were being kept in different wards – four in Medial ICU, three in emergency ward, and two in medical ward.

“They have stopped vomiting, but now experiencing digestion problems,” Mr Ilyas said.

According to him, the 10 people would remain under observation till Friday evening. “Timely medical treatment helped avoid any unfortunate happening, as a minor delay could have proved lethal.”

Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Bani Amin told Dawn that leftover Habshi halwa believed to have been brought from Dera Ismail Khan was confiscated for lab tests. It (halwa) was properly packed and opened for first time on Thursday, he added.

“It has a strange foul smell,” DIG Amin said.
Tags: Senator Abdul Ghafoor,halwa,religious leaders,food poisoning
DAWN.COM | National | Halwa a new murder weapon!

My Bro was saying me Yesterday abt this

i tune to all channels but no one was reporting ..

Strange :o

ISLAMABAD: Seven religious leaders and their three attendants fell sick after eating halwa in the suite of Senator Abdul Ghafoor Haidri in the Parliament Lodges here on Thursday and the host believes it was an attempt on his life.
Police have accordingly registered a case of attempted murder and causing harm by means of poison against unknown persons.
Victims of the poisonous halwa included Jamaat Islami’s Liaquat Baloch and Zubair Farooq, Mufti Muneebur Rehman, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam’s deputy Ameer Abdul Khaliq, press secretary Abdul Haleem and Rashidul Haq.
For once Senator Haidri must have felt glad that he has diabetes. He did not take the halwa that his cook, Zakir Hussain, said was delivered by a man the day before as an offering for the JUI leader.

Zakir, who is lying along with other victims in the Federal Government Services Hospital (FGHS), told police that he would recognise the man who brought the evil gift if he came across him.Hospital sources said all 10 persons struck down by the halwa were out of danger but still weak in stomach.

Contents of their stomachs’ wash were sent to the National Health Institute, the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences and the Chemical Examiner in Lahore for analysis.

Mufti Muneeb told Dawn over phone in a weak voice that they had gathered at Senator’s Haidri’s suite for consultations on the stand to be taken by them at a Mashaikh conference called by the government and were served the halwa with other snacks.

“Later I went to the library where I felt dizzy but still talked with some media persons,” he said. “Somehow I returned and started vomiting and was later shifted to the hospital.”

FGSH’s Protocol Officer Raja Ilyas told Dawn that the religious leaders were brought to the hospital’s emergency ward, where they were provided with emergency treatment.

Besides, efforts were also made to clean their stomachs through nasogastric intubation. Mr Ilyas described their condition as “out of danger but still critical.”

All of them were being kept in different wards – four in Medial ICU, three in emergency ward, and two in medical ward.

“They have stopped vomiting, but now experiencing digestion problems,” Mr Ilyas said.

According to him, the 10 people would remain under observation till Friday evening. “Timely medical treatment helped avoid any unfortunate happening, as a minor delay could have proved lethal.”

Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Bani Amin told Dawn that leftover Habshi halwa believed to have been brought from Dera Ismail Khan was confiscated for lab tests. It (halwa) was properly packed and opened for first time on Thursday, he added.

Just wondring whats a Halwa?

Halwa had poison in it:woot:. What about Laadu? :rofl::rofl: Was it a typical Laadu party? :woot::rofl::rofl:

Although it had smell and bad taste but Molana hazrat coudn't get hold of them selves :)

My prayers for Ulema may Allah give them health and control over them to stop themselves in the future by over eating halwa mubarik ;-)

Back
Top Bottom